Monday, July 12, 2021

JOB WAS MOST RIGHTEOUS TOO, BUT HE STILL NEEDED CORRECTION



INSIDE THE STORMS: JOB’S “STEADY” FAITH AND TRUST IN GOD LED TO OVERWHELMING TRIUMPH #2

One day when Job’s sons and daughters were feasting and drinking wine at the oldest brother’s house, a messenger came to Job and said, “The oxen were plowing and the donkeys were grazing nearby, and the Sabeans attacked and made off with them. They put the servants to the sword, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!” While he was still speaking, another messenger came and said, “The fire of God fell from the heavens and burned up the sheep and the servants, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!” While he was still speaking, another messenger came and said, “The Chaldeans formed three raiding parties and swept down on your camels and made off with them. They put the servants to the sword, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!” While he was still speaking, yet another messenger came and said, “Your sons and daughters were feasting and drinking wine at the oldest brother’s house, when suddenly a mighty wind swept in from the desert and struck the four corners of the house. It collapsed on them and they are dead, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!” (Job 1:13-20 NIV).

*

 

It is only human, when we are INSIDE the STORMS of LIFE, to question God. Job’s questions eventually transformed his spiritual life. In the midst of his mind-boggling losses, like David, Job  sought the LORD, and he heard [him], and delivered [him]… from all [his] fears” (Psalm 34:4 KJV). “...I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee” (Job 42:5 KJV).

God, in his sovereignty, answers Job in chapter 38 with his own set of questions and finite truths. “…The Lord answered Job” (Job 38: 2 KJV).

It is God’s response to Job that leads him into a greater walk with God and propels his spiritual growth and development to another place. “..Then Job answered the Lord, and said, I know that thou canst do every thing (respect for God’s sovereignty), and that no thought can be withholden from thee…I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee (revelation knowledge). Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust (humility) and ashes” (Job 42:1, 6 KJV).

So Job’s STORM was not merely about what happened TO him, but, more importantly, what happened IN him. INSIDE his STORM, Job was conformed and transformed, even more. we all are changed into the same image [of Christ] ” (2 Corinthians 3:18 KJV). SO “…Grow in the grace and knowledge or our LORD and SAVIOUR Jesus Christ…” (2 Peter 3:18).  …God …predestined [you] to be conformed to the image of his Son…” (Romans 8:29 NIV).

“…be conformed to the image of His Son…” (Romans 8:29 KJV). “… Be transformed by the renewing of your mind ….” (Romans 12:2 KJV).

 Then Job replied...“I know that you can do anything, and no one can stop you (respect for God’s sovereignty)...” (Job 42:1,6 NLT).“...now I have seen you with my own eyes (revelation knowledge)....” (Job 42:1,6 NLT). “...I take back everything I said, and I sit in dust and ashes to show my repentance (humility)...(Job 42:1,6 NLT).

grow in the GRACE and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ… Amen” (2 Timothy 3:18 NIV).

It is clear, in the book of Job, that Satan cannot do anything to you, without permission from God. “...only upon himself put not forth thine hand.. (Job 1:12 KJV)....but save his life” (Job 2:9 KJV).

God is sovereign over every created thing, angel, demon, spiritual wickedness, or person and establishes boundaries as he pleases. “..And the Lord said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the Lord” (Job 1:12 KJV).And the Lord said unto Satan, Behold, he is in thine hand; but save his life” (Job 2:9 KJV).

“...The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way” (Psalms 37:23 KJV). “..though he slay me, yet will I trust in him…” (Job 13:15 KJV). Job said, “Naked I came from my mother’s womb, And naked I shall return there. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away. Blessed be the name of the Lord…” Job 1:20-22 NASB).

Job’s was allowed INSIDE the STORM and it bought about a deeper walk with God and more spiritual growth and development. Then Job replied...“I know that you can do anything, and no one can stop you (respect for God’s sovereignty). I..” (Job 42:1,6 NLT).“...now I have seen you with my own eyes (revelation knowledge)....” (Job 42:1,6 NLT). “...I take back everything I said, and I sit in dust and ashes to show my repentance (humility)...(Job 42:1,6 NLT).

It demonstrates WHY God’s people should continue to trust him, depend upon him, and continue to cooperate with his instructions, while INSIDE the STORMS of LIFE, whether they agree with it or not. “…[Entrust yourself]… to him who judges justly…” (1 Peter 2:19-23 NIV).

Job was considered “…blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil.” (Job 1:7-12 NIV). Yet, he still needed to grow and develop spiritually. thus, he was allowed to go “inside” the storm.

Job’s story is a classic example of the horrible STORMS people go through, upon earth, but it also demonstrates how those STORMS can work together for good. God cares about the “…hidden man of the heart…” (1 Peter 3:4 KJV).

The bible says all things work together for good: God’s didn't say those things would be good, but they would work together for good. “…All things work together for GOOD (God’s kind of good) to them that LOVE GOD (by keeping commandments), to them who are THE CALLED (chosen by God) to his purpose” (Romans 8:28 KJV).

Job’s experiences were ALWAYS going to  work together for his good.”

Once Job was pruned, INSIDE the STORM, he received a double, double blessings for all he had loss. 1. HE BECAME TWICE THE SPIRITUAL MAN HE ONCE WAS (DOUBLE): “... Then Job replied...“I know that you can do anything, and no one can stop you (greater respect for God’s sovereignty). I..” (Job 42:1,6 NLT).“...now I have seen you with my own eyes (greater revelation knowledge)....” (Job 42:1,6 NLT). “...I take back everything I said, and I sit in dust and ashes to show my repentance (greater humility)...(Job 42:1,6 NLT).

2. HE RECEIVED TWICE THE MATERIAL BLESSINGS (DOUBLE) “…Also the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before. The LORD blessed the latter days of Job more than his beginning…” (Job 42:10, 12 KJV).

Job’s spiritual growth and development was the true REWARD for going INSIDE the STORM and remaining a trusting servant. “seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you…” (Matthew 6:33 KJV).

Most people believe that the greatest part of Job’s story was his double, temporary, outward material blessings, but it WASN’T. It was his double, eternal, inward intangible blessings which was the priceless reward!!

God said Job was already a “blameless and upright”. “..There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil.” “” (Job 1:7-12 NIV). “…Through all [his suffering]… Job did not sin nor did he blame God “ Job 1:20-22 NASB). However, “grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.”(Matthew 23:27-28 KJV).

Job “did” not practice sin and was a “blameless and upright man.” God is the one who said that about Job. However, “...God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart”(1 Samuel 16:7 NASB).

After his troubles, Job was still “blameless and upright” but had grown MORE spiritual, which was, I believe, a part of his DOUBLE blessing too!! He gained a deeper humility towards God, a greater revelatory knowledge of God, and a more profound respect for God’s sovereignty.

Paul said, “….everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus [our]… Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ” (Philippians 3:8 NLT).

Therefore, spiritually and materially “…the Lord gave Job twice (double) as much as he had before (he had spiritual wealth and material wealth BEFORE, now that was doubled). The LORD blessed the latter days of Job more than his beginning…”(Job 42:10, 12 KJV).

Notice Job repented. “Then Job replied to the Lord: “…I take back everything I said, and I sit in dust and ashes to show my repentance” (Job 42:1-6 NLT). Then he prayed for his friends. “…When Job prayed for his friends, the Lord restored his fortunes…” (Job 42:10 NLT).

Job’s friends had given him “dark counsel” (Job 38:2) and implied that his troubles were a sign of God’s punishment for some personal sin.

Their “dark counsel” made Job defensive about his own righteousness. Job also questioned why “he,” being a righteous man, had to go through A STORM.

Job’s friends were wrong in their assessment of God and so was Job. However, after Job’s conversation with God, he repented. “...Then Job replied to the Lord: “I know that you can do anything, and no one can stop you. You asked, ‘Who is this that questions my wisdom with such ignorance?’ It is I—and I was talking about things I knew nothing about, things far too wonderful for me. You said, ‘Listen and I will speak! I have some questions for you, and you must answer them.’ I had only heard about you before, but now I have seen you with my own eyes.  I take back everything I said, and I sit in dust and ashes to show my repentance” (Job 42:1-6 NLT).

Praying for his blaming friends was the zenith of his experience. He interceded for Eliphaz, Bildad, and Zophar “…and the Lord accepted Job’s prayer…” (Job 42:9 NLT). “….pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much…” (James 5:16 NASB).

“…When Job prayed for his friends, the Lord restored his fortunes…” (Job 42:10 NLT). “…So the Lord blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning: … So Job died, being old, and FULL of days...” (Job 42:12-17 KJV).

All human experiences “in” Christ culminates with a promise: “….that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose…” (ROMANS 8:28 KJV. “…the plans [God has]…for you….[are]… plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future” (Jeremiah 29:11 NIV).

In order to look forward to “an OVERWHELMING VICTORY” and bear the affliction of your troubles, CHOOSE to continue to TRUST and DEPEND upon God through it ALL. “…In this [fallen] world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer, [God has]… OVERCOME the world…” (John 16:33 KJV). “…live by faith, not by sight...” (2 Corinthians 5:7 KJV).

“….all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose…” (ROMANS 8:28 KJV). “…the plans [God has]…for [his people going through troubles are]…. plans to prosper [them].. and not to harm [them]…, plans to give [them]… hope and a future” (Jeremiah 29:11 NIV).

“...Therefore [INSIDE the STORMS]... put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm...” (Ephesians 6:13-14 NIV).

“... Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil...” (Ephesians 6:11 NLT).

“…HE (the indwelling Holy Spirit) “WILL” KEEP YOU STRONG to the end…” (1 Corinthians 1:8 NLT).

“…God assured us, “I’ll never let you down, never walk off and leave you,” we can boldly quote, God is there, ready to help...” (Hebrews 13:5 MSG).

“…He said, … Do not be afraid or discouraged ...the Lord is with you!” (2 Chronicles 20:1-30 NLT).

“…No weapon that is formed against [YOU]… shall prosper…” (Isaiah 54:17 KJV).

“…the battle is not yours, but God’s. …...(2 Chronicles 20:1-30 NLT).

“…you will not even need to fight...(2 Chronicles 20:1-30 NLT).

“…Take your positions; then stand still..(2 Chronicles 20:1-30 NLT).

“…watch the Lord’s victory...(2 Chronicles 20:1-30 NLT).

INSIDE JOB’S STORM: One day when Job’s sons and daughters were feasting and drinking wine at the oldest brother’s house, a messenger came to Job and said, “The oxen were plowing and the donkeys were grazing nearby, and the Sabeans attacked and made off with them. They put the servants to the sword, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!” While he was still speaking, another messenger came and said, “The fire of God fell from the heavens and burned up the sheep and the servants, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!” While he was still speaking, another messenger came and said, “The Chaldeans formed three raiding parties and swept down on your camels and made off with them. They put the servants to the sword, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!” While he was still speaking, yet another messenger came and said, “Your sons and daughters were feasting and drinking wine at the oldest brother’s house, when suddenly a mighty wind swept in from the desert and struck the four corners of the house. It collapsed on them and they are dead, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!” (Job 1:13-20 NIV).

“…Satan….smote Job with boils from the sole of his feet unto his crown…” (Job 2:7 KJV).

“...Then Job arose and tore his robe and shaved his head (ancient Near East behavior for sadness, grief, or sorrow)…” (Job 1:20-22 NASB).

Job’s wife even said, “…Doest thou still retain thine integrity? Curse God and die…” (Job 2:9 KJV). “But he said unto her, Thou speakest as one of the foolish women speakest. What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall not receive evil? In all this did not Job sin with his lips.” (Job 2:10 KJV).

YET JOB SAID: “…Naked I came from my mother’s womb, And naked I shall return there. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away. Blessed be the name of the Lord…” Job 1:20-22 NASB). Job also said, “...though he slay me, yet will I trust in him…” (Job 13:15 KJV). “…Through all this Job did not sin nor did he blame God” (Job 1:20-22 NASB).

“...Then Job replied to the Lord: “I know that you can do anything, and no one can stop you. You asked, ‘Who is this that questions my wisdom with such ignorance?’ It is I—and I was talking about things I knew nothing about, things far too wonderful for me. You said, ‘Listen and I will speak! I have some questions for you, and you must answer them.’ I had only heard about you before, but now I have seen you with my own eyes.  I take back everything I said, and I sit in dust and ashes to show my repentance...” (Job 42:1-6 NLT).

 “…the Lord restored his fortunes…” (Job 42:10 NLT). “…So the Lord blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning: … So Job died, being old, and FULL of days...” (Job 42:12-17 KJV).

...he (God, the Holy Spirit)...hath done marvellous things… ( Psalms 98:1 KJV). “… Many, O Lord my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done …” (Psalms 40:5 KJV).

“...overwhelming victory is ours ...” (Romans 8:37 NLT).

YOU MAY BE GOING THROUGH A "REALLY" HARD AND CHALLENGING PERIOD, BUT YOU'VE ALREADY WON THE BATTLE, NOW MATTER WHAT YOU'VE LOST.

TRUST GOD

DEPEND UPON GOD

 

No comments:

Post a Comment