Wednesday, January 24, 2018

WHEN YOU CHOOSE TO LEAVE; YOU ARE LEAVING THE POWER BEHIND TOO



YOU LEFT THE POWER BEHIND

“…I KNOW THY WORKS, AND THY LABOR, AND THY PATIENCE, AND HOW THOU CANST NOT BEAR THEM WHICH ARE EVIL: AND THOU TRIED THEM WHICH SAY THEY ARE APOSTLES, AND ARE NOT, AND HAS FOUND THEM LAIRS… [however,]… you hath left your first love” (REVELATION 2:2 KJV).
*
Most believers are excited, passionate, and zealous about FIRST LOVE (God), and they want to tell everybody and will do anything for God.
However, over TIME their perspective of FIRST LOVE (God) changes, even though he NEVER changes. “…I am the Lord, I change NOT…” (Malachi 3:6 KJV).  Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever” (Hebrews 13:8 NIV).
I underwent a long-term test thinking I’m being a martyr for Christ. I did the work. I did the labor. I was patiently enduring. I hated evil. I didn’t tolerate hypocrisy. 
However, somewhere along the way I started depending upon my own strength and NOT that of the indwelling Holy Spirit.
God shows us, teaches us, and empowers us to walk in his ways. Christ liveth in [you]…” (Galatians 2:20 KJV). “…God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose…” (Philippians 2:13 NIV). “… The God of peace… that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in [you]… what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ” (Hebrews 13:20-21 NIV).
God’s indwelling Holy Spirit empowers you to walk in his ways of love. God’s indwelling Holy Spirit empowers you to walk in his ways of showing grace and mercy. God’s indwelling Holy Spirit empowers you to walk in his ways of forgiveness. God’s indwelling Holy Spirit empowers you to walk in his ways of being patient and enduring. “….Apart from [the indwelling Spirit], you can do nothing…” (John 15:5 NIVI can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” (Philippians 4:13 KJV).). “… I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God.   …” (Galatians 2:20-21 KJV). “…by the GRACE of God I am what I am…” (1 Corinthians 15:10 NIV).
When we start to learn God’s ways, we can begin to falsely believe we can DO them without him. “….Apart from [the indwelling Spirit], you can do nothing…” (John 15:5 NIV).
We allow ourselves to become deceived and will stop depending upon his indwelling Holy Spirit and will start depending on our own self-efforts. “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” (Philippians 4:13 KJV). 
Apart from Jesus’ and his indwelling Holy Spirit, God’s people can DO “NOTHING!” Eventually the FLESH wears out! “….Apart from [Jesus, the indwelling Spirit], you can do nothing…” (John 15:5 NIV). “The trouble is with me, for I am all too human, a slave to sin. I don’t really understand myself, for I want to do what is right (be devoted), but I don’t do it. Instead, I do what I hate. So I am not the one doing wrong; it is sin living in me that does it.  And I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. I want to do what is right (be devoted), but I can’t. I want to do what is good, but I don’t. …I [am] …a slave to the sin that is … within me. Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin? (Romans 7:14-25 NLT).
 In the beginning of my journey, I was more fervent about my purpose, as preserver, influencer of holy morality, and as a LIGHT. I depended upon and was empowered by the indwelling Holy Spirit.
However, as time tarried on my enthusiasm faded tremendously. I had come to the conclusion that God wasn’t going to change my situation and maybe he couldn’t change it anyway since it involved human will.
So I adapted to my dutiful obligations by religiously doing the work, doing the labor, and being patiently enduring.
I remained faithful and loyal to God, but I had grown weary, given up, lost interest, laid it down, and became detached, unknowingly, from FIRST LOVE (God) in regard to this particular test.
My ongoing prayer went from asking God to give me the strength to overcome it - to give me the strength to live through it. We actually need both; the strength to overcome and the strength to get through. However, I was ONLY praying for the strength to get through.
In all honesty, I felt the HOPE for my situation was like Lazarus, DEAD and “… by this time, [it] stinketh: for [it]…hath been dead for …[years] …” (John 11:39 KJV).
I still had some small tidbit or whisper of hope somewhere inside. But HOPE’s voice had faded and I was no longer listening Thankfully, God “…dealt to every man the measure of faith...” (Romans 12:3 KJV).
 Yes, I had my “..measure of faith…” Yet, I “still” felt if God was going to change my situation - it wouldn’t have died out. I related to Martha feelings.As soon as she heard that Jesus was coming … Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died… (John 11:20-22 KJV).
After so many years, I also concluded that God had abandoned me or trapped me into a situation where duty-bound obligations became the norm. I thought I was being “humbly” accepting of my lot in life. “Poor me, the suffering little martyr.
The truth was that I was no longer depending upon the Holy Spirit to Do the WORK of faith “in” and “through” me in order to overcome the test. I was simple trying to get through it or survive it in my OWN efforts.  “…In the world ye have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33 ASV).  
We overcome by faith or depending upon Jesus, the indwelling Holy Spirit and the word of our testimony. DEPENDING UPON JESUS: “….Apart from [Jesus, the indwelling Spirit], you can do nothing…” (John 15:5 NIV). THE WORD OF OUR TESTIMONY: “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” (Philippians 4:13 KJV).  “…they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony…” (Revelation 12:11 KJV).
My situation became a duty-bound, religious obligation and I, unknowingly, had fallen away from GRACE. I was becoming irrelevant and useless as God’ agent of change.
Depending upon my own self-effort was changing my perspective. I began to believe God couldn’t overcome this one because human will was involved. “…Thou thoughtest that I was altogether such an one as thyself“(Psalm 50:19-21 KJV).
I was tired, weak, and depleted of hope, which are the places self-effort takes you. I did my duties, but I had laid down my hope for a resurrection, because I didn’t believe “I” could overcome the problem, in my situation, nor could God.
When did I start depending upon my OWN self-efforts? When did I start believing in my puny power and not the indwelling power of the Almighty God?
As duty-bound and religious as I had become I had, in truth, took my eyes off of FIRST LOVE (God). I know how Job felt when he said, “…Now I have seen you with my own eyes.  I take back everything I said [and did], and I sit in dust and ashes to show my repentance” (Job 42:1-6 NLT). I got it wrong and “…thoughtest that [God]… was altogether such an one as [myself]“(Psalm 50:19-21 KJV).
It is hard to look at the places you have willfully chosen to exclude God.
God knows what it will take to get your attention and humble you. “…God is mighty, but he does not despise anyone! He is mighty in both power and understanding. He does not let the wicked live but gives justice to the afflicted. He never takes his eyes off the innocent, but he sets them on thrones with kings and exalts them forever. If they are bound in chains and CAUGHT UP in a web of trouble, HE SHOWS THEM THE REASON. HE SHOWS THEM THEIR SINS OF PRIDE. HE GETS THEIR ATTENTION AND COMMANDS THAT THEY TURN FROM EVIL” (Job 36:6-10 NLT).“…But by means of their suffering, he rescues those who suffer. For he GETS THEIR ATTENTION through adversity…” (Job 36:15 NLT). Therefore,  “..In the day of prosperity be happy, But in the day of adversity consider-- God has made the one as well as the other…” (Ecclesiastes 7:14  NASB).
Thus, “… Repent and do the first works (REVELATION 2:5 KJV).  “… or else I WILL COME QUICKLY, AND WILL REMOVE THY CANDLESTICK” (REVELATION 2:5 KJV).
You CAN “NOT’ go through TEST without being EMPOWERED by the indwelling Holy Spirit. Human pride is a deceiver. Human pride will puff you up falsely, but God will humble you authentically. Even during a TEST, you can begin to think more highly of yourself than you should. “… Repent and do the first works (REVELATION 2:5 KJV).
What made me think “I” could turn it around without continuing to depend upon the indwelling Holy Spirit to DO the WORK? God does the WORK of the Hebrews 11:1 faith, the measure of faith or the spirit of faith that works “IN” and “THROUGH” you. “…The … HOLY SPIRIT who is the SOURCE of [it]… all.it is the same God who does the work IN and THROUGH all of us who are hisTHROUGH each of us … (1 Corinthians 12:4-11 NLT). “…the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works…” (John 14:10 KJV). “… [God] work[s] IN [you]… what is pleasing to him…” (Hebrews 13:20-21 NIV). “…It is God which worketh in you” (Philippians 2:13 KJV).  “… [He doeth the work] according to the POWER that worketh in [you]…” (Ephesians 3:20 KJV).
Laying down my dependence upon the indwelling Holy Spirit was the same as leaving FIRST LOVE and falling away from FIRST LOVE’S GRACE. “…If you are trying … [in your OWN effort] … to make yourselves (or your situation) right with God by keeping the … [commandments, dutifully], you have been cut off from Christ! You have fallen away from God’s GRACE…” (Galatians 2:21 NLT). “…a person is made right (or their situation is made right) with God by faith [or depending upon]… Jesus Christ…” (Galatians 2:16 NLT).
Self-effort is pride and dependence upon one’s OWN ability; NOT God’s. “Pride [goeth] before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall” (Proverbs 16:18 KJV). “A man's pride shall bring him low” (Proverbs 29:23 KJV). “… For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself” (Galatians 6:3 KJV). “…Thou thoughtest that I was altogether such an one as thyself“(Psalm 50:19-21 KJV).
I didn’t know that my pride or my dutiful, religious self-effort was an issue, but God did. Thankfully, God, “… [has] searched me and you know[s] me[He is]… familiar with all my ways” (Psalm 139:1-3 KJV). “…And those who walk in pride … [God] is able to humble” (Daniel 4 NIV). Like Job, “…I take back everything I said [thought or did), and I sit in dust and ashes to show my repentance” (Job 42:1-6 NLT).
Removing my candlestick, from that particular situation, humbled me and gave me a deeper respect for DEPENDING UPON the power of God’s Holy Spirit. “…the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works…” (John 14:10 KJV). “… [God] work[s] IN [you]… what is pleasing to him…” (Hebrews 13:20-21 NIV). “…It is God which worketh in you” (Philippians 2:13 KJV).  “… [He doeth the work] according to the POWER that worketh in [you]…” (Ephesians 3:20 KJV).
Only God can empower the WORK of FAITH through his indwelling Holy Spirit. “…the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works…” (John 14:10 KJV).  …It is God which worketh in you” (Philippians 2:13 KJV).  “… [He doeth the work] according to the POWER that worketh in [you]…” (Ephesians 3:20 KJV).
Removing my candlestick from that particular situation was about GOD’S love for me.  “…If you are trying … [in your OWN effort] … to make yourselves (or your situation) right with God by keeping the … [commandments, dutifully], you have been cut off from Christ! You have fallen away from God’s GRACE…” (Galatians 2:21 NLT). “… Repent and do the first works (REVELATION 2:5 KJV).  “… or else I WILL COME QUICKLY, AND WILL REMOVE THY CANDLESTICK” (REVELATION 2:5 KJV).
He created me to become a life preserver, an influencer of holy morality, and a LIGHT to the WORLD. “… [You are to]… live by the faith of the Son of God.   …” (Galatians 2:20 KJV). “… [You] can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth [you]…” (Philippians 4:13 KJV).  “…Jesus Christ IS IN YOU” (2 Corinthians 13:5 KJV).by the GRACE of God [you are what you are]” (1 Corinthians 15:10 NIV).
FIRST LOVE (God) desires your success and NOT your failure or your fall away from GRACE.
God loved me too much to let me FALL away from his GRACE. So FIRST LOVE intervened in my situation: I have a brain bleed, had brain surgery, was in a coma, spent months in the hospital, had to face a LONG recovery, had to leave the situation in order to recover, was set apart FROM my old life, and was set apart TO spent time with FIRST LOVE.We love, because he first loved us” (1 John 4:19 ASV).
Satan “…intended to harm me, but [FIRST LOVE]…God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives” Genesis 50:20 NIV). God cancels Satan’s intended harm, deceits, and overrules it by working “…all things …together for GOOD… ” (Romans 8:28 KJV).
Satan may form destructive situations, falls away from grace, and other misguided events against us, but they won’t prosper. “No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD” (Isaiah 54:17 KJV).
Satan may form his many devices, which impart your strength, hope, perspective, and devotion in the process, but FIRST LOVE will intervene. God is [your] refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble” (Psalms 46:1 KJV). “…The things which are impossible with men are possible with God…” (Luke 18:27 KJV).  … I can of mine own self do nothing…” John 5:30 KJV).  “…[God]… [will grant them]… to be strengthened with might by his Spirit IN the inner man…” (Ephesians 3:16 KJV). God says “…only believe [or keep on believing]…” that, I will supply all your NEED” (John 12:32 & Philippians 4:19 KJV).
Duty-bound, religious obligation type of works are often a sign of weariness. “… Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up…” (Galatians 6:9 NIV). “But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint” (Isaiah 40:31 KJV).
God intervenes to remind us that, [FIRST LOVE] … will supply all your NEED” (John 12:32 & Philippians 4:19 KJV).  [His] grace is sufficient for you[and that HIS] power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore [we can]… boast all the more gladly about …[our] weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on [us]…” (2 Corinthians 12:9 NIV). by the GRACE of God I am what I am” (1 Corinthians 15:10 NIV).
I AM HELPED. I AM STRENGTHENED. I AM EMPOWERED. I AM ENABLED BY GRACE. I AM LOVED. I AM NOT ALONE. “by the GRACE of God I am what I am” (1 Corinthians 15:10 NIV).
God intervenes to remind you that “….apart from [Christ]…, you can do nothing…”(John 15:5 NIV). However, “…[You] can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth [you]…” (Philippians 4:13 KJV). “…for [HIS]… power is made perfect in weakness…” (2 Corinthians 12:9 NIV).  …[His becomes]…sufficient for [me]…” (2 Corinthians 12:9 NIV). I AM STRENGTHENED.by the GRACE of God I am what I am” (1 Corinthians 15:10 NIV).
Praises to “…the incomparable riches of his GRACE, expressed in his kindness in Christ Jesus...” I AM FOREVER TREATED WITH KINDNESS. by the GRACE of God I am what I am” (1 Corinthians 15:10 NIV).
“…My God will supply all [my need]… according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus…” (Philippians 4:19 NASB). “what is the riches of the glory…; …CHRIST IN YOU” (Colossians 1:25-28 KJV). “…I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me…” (Philippians 4:13 KJV). I AM AMBLY SUPPLIED. by the GRACE of God I am what I am” (1 Corinthians 15:10 NIV).
God intervenes to remind us that we are MEANT to be victorious and overcome “in” Christ Jesus. “…In this [fallen] world [I] shall have tribulation (no matter how LONG): but [I can]…be of good cheer, [God has]… OVERCOME the world…” (John 16:33 KJV). I AM AN OVERCOMER by the GRACE of God I am what I am” (1 Corinthians 15:10 NIV).
God intervenes to revive you, enable you to repent, to keep you from falling, and reassure you of an overcoming victory. It is already DONE and WON!! Whatever the situation, or test, or trial, or tribulation, Jesus has already overcome it and his victory is YOURS too. These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peaceIn this [fallen] world [you] shall have tribulation (no matter how LONG): but [you can]…be of good cheer, [God through Christ (in YOU) has]… OVERCOME the world” (John 16:33 KJV).
I admittedly grew weak in the LONG situation I was in and my own, lonely, finite, self-effort ran out of steam. My actions were empowered by duty-bound, boring, routine, tedious, religious obligation. I felt like Jesus did. Father,… take this cup from Me; … …" (Luke 22:42-43 NIV).
I had stopped depending upon the indwelling Holy Spirit to do the WORK of Faith. Dependence upon the indwelling Holy Spirit is NOT passive. “…the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works…” (John 14:10 KJV). “… [God] work[s] IN [you]… what is pleasing to him…” (Hebrews 13:20-21 NIV). “…It is God which worketh in you” (Philippians 2:13 KJV).  “… [He doeth the work] according to the POWER that worketh in [you]…” (Ephesians 3:20 KJV).…Trust in the Lord with ALL thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding…” (Proverbs 3:5-6 KJV).
In the story of Lazarus it appears as if Jesus didn’t come to the situation “on time.”  Then said Martha unto Jesus, Lord if thou hadst been there, my brother had not died” (John 11:21 KJV).
Martha obviously had an attitude. “as soon as she heard that Jesus was coming … Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died… (John 11:20-22 KJV).
 “…the things which are impossible with men are possible with God…” (Luke 18:27 KJV).  “…Jesus said…I am the resurrection and I am the life…..” (John 11:25 KJV). I “…thoughtest that [God].. was altogether such an one as [myself]“(Psalm 50:19-21 KJV).
He will “…never leave nor forsake you…” (Hebrews 13:5 KJV). …..Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?” (John 11:40 KJV).
“…only believe…” (Mark 5:36 KJV). For verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you…” (Matthew 17:20 KJV).
God has“…dealt to every man the measure of faith...” “…Believest thou this?” (John 8:51 KJV).
Look what happened for Mary and Martha. “And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go...” (John 11:43-44 KJV). In spite of them, their situation turned VICTORIOUS!!!  “…
[Entrust yourself]… to HIM who judges justly…” (1 Peter 2:20-23 NIV). In Mary and Martha’s story, “…Jesus said…I am the resurrection and I am the life…..” (John 11:25 KJV).
Jesus planned to take Mary and Martha BACK to the place where they laid down their HOPE in the situation. He asked them: “…where have ye laid him?..’ (John 11:34 KJV).
If Jesus were to ask you that same question; what would be your answer. Mary and Martha tried to explain to Jesus that the situation was so DEAD it stunk. “… Lord, by this time, he stinketh: for he hath been dead for four days …” (John 11:39 KJV).
 Jesus reminded them of the POWER of FIRST LOVE (God). “…Jesus saith unto to her, ‘Said I not unto to thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God’…” (John 11:40 KJV).
My brain bleed came to help me grow deeper spiritually, to renew, to restore, to develop, to strengthen my faith or my dependence upon the indwelling Holy Spirit, to humble me, to fill me with fresh hope, to help me gain a deeper respect for God’s sovereignty over the situation in my life, and to remind of the POWER of FIRST LOVE (God).  HALLELUJAH!!!!
God didn’t want me limited by my OWN human abilities, complacencies, and human mind sets. He wanted to EMPOWER me again with the unlimited power of his indwelling Holy Spirit who does the WORK of faith “IN” and “THROUGH” me. The bible says, “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding…” (Proverbs 3:5-6 KJV). “…the Father doeth the works…” (John 14:10 KJV). “…the … Holy Spirit who is the source of [it]… all … it is the same God who does the work in and through all of us who are his … (1 Corinthians 12:4-11 NLT).
When testing situations turn into years and start to make no “human” sense Jesus says, “…you must [continue]… believe and not doubt….” (James 1:6-8 NIV).
I am glad God loves me. I am glad he remembered and graciously consider my work and labor before I lost my hope. “…For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name…” (Hebrews 6:10 KJV).
I am glad he remains faithful to me, even when I, knowingly and unknowingly, don’t remain faithful to him. “…If we are faithless, he remains faithful…” (2 Timothy 2:13 NIV).
I am thankful God keeps his word to me, even when I, knowingly or unknowingly, forget them myself! “…So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it” (Isaiah 55:11 KJV).
Goodness and mercy, because of God, and in spite of me, follows me ALL the days of my life, even when I, knowing or unknowingly, forget. “…Surely goodness, and mercy SHALL follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever…” (Psalms 23:6). 
Praise God who is able “… to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us” (Ephesians 3:20 NASB).
I was again reminded, “…you must believe and not doubt….” (James 1:6-8 NIV).
I am still in recovery and I don’t understand all of God’s reasons for this aspect of my journey or my brain bleed, but I accept …his ways [are]… past finding out…” (Romans 11:33-34 KJV). So many blessings that have already taken place and there are so many MORE to come. I am excited!
I firmly believe that, “…[my] eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into [my]… heart … the things which God hath prepared for [me]....” (1 Corinthians 2:9 KJV). I am excited!!!
In regard to my situation of many years and my brain bleed I have the GUARANTEED VICTORY!! I AM REJOICING. JESUS HAS SPOKEN.…I am the resurrection and I am the life…..” (John 11:25 KJV). “…In this [fallen] world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer, [God has]… OVERCOME the world…” (John 16:33 KJV).
My paraphrased version: “And [the situation]… that was dead [has come] forth …Jesus saith unto [it ‘I have overcome the world’], Loose [the situation]…, and let [it] go...” (John 11:43-44 KJV). “…Jesus saith unto to her, ‘Said I not unto to thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God’…” (John 11:40 KJV). “…Believest thou this?” (John 8:51 KJV). I BELIEVE AND IT IS DONE!!! 
Watch for it in my future books!!
Getting you BACK to FIRST LOVE will take you remembering HOW you were delivered from SIN in the first place. “…BY GRACE have ye been saved THROUGH FAITH; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES, IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD; not of works, that no man should glory…” (Ephesians 2:8-9 ASV).
You were SET FREE from the domination of flesh and are FREE to CHOOSE to depend upon the indwelling Holy Spirit. “…Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin?” (Romans 7:14-25 NLT).“…The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord…(Romans 7:14-25 NLT).  “…If the Son therefore shall make you free, you SHALL be free indeed…” (John 8:36 KJV). But, “….Apart from [the indwelling spirit],.. [you]… can do nothing…” (John 15:5 NIV).  
Jesus EMPOWERS you to be relevant, purposeful and “…strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man…” (Ephesians 3:16 KJV). “… [He strengthens you]…according to the POWER that worketh IN [YOU]…” (Ephesians 3:20 KJV). “…The things which are impossible with men … [are] …POSSIBLE… [with God] …” (Luke 18:27 KJV).   “…I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?” (Jeremiah 32:27 KJV). “…HE WHICH HATH “BEGUN” A GOOD “WORK” IN [YOU]… “WILL” “PERFORM” IT “UNTIL” the day of Jesus Christ…” (Philippians 1:6 KJV).
The ongoing practice of SIN, of any kind, creates a BARRIER in the relationship between you and the HOLY God. This barrier will ALWAYS cause a SEPARATION. You are excluding God, by choice, from that area of your life.“…my people would not listen to me. They kept doing whatever they wanted, following the stubborn desires of their evil hearts. They went backward instead of forward” (Jeremiah 7:24 NLT “…If My people which are called by My name shall humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked waysthen I will heal….” (2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV).
God DESIRES to always express his unchanging FIRST LOVE toward you, but you voluntarily and willfully choose to DO without his indwelling help.  …The people replied, “Don’t waste your breath. We will continue to live as we want to, stubbornly following our own evil desires” (JEREMIAH 18:12 NLT).SO, “…Do not quench the Spirit…” (1 Thessalonians 5:19 NASB). “… Do not stifle the Holy Spirit...” (1 Thessalonians 5:19 NLT).
God made A WAY (Jesus) to express his FIRST LOVE toward YOU. It is obvious, by all he has done, that God LOVES you. You were NOT even aware of it. He sent his son in order to MAKE you become AWARE of his FIRST LOVE for you.
His LOVE for YOU “IS” YOUR “FIRST” love. “…HE FIRST LOVED [YOU]” (1 John 4:19 ASV). “…God is love…” (1 John 4:4-8 KJV). “…There is no greater LOVE …” (John 15:13 NLT). “HE FIRST LOVED us…” (1 John 4:19 ASV).   We love, because HE FIRST LOVED US…” (1 John 4:19 ASV).
From the beginning, when you accepted his invitation to salvation, FIRST LOVE came to permanently DWELL with you. “…God …sent forth the Spirit of His Son “INTO” [Y]OUR HEARTS…” (Galatians 4:6 NASB). “…God has given [you] HIS Spirit as PROOF that … he [dwells]…in [you]…” (1 John 4:13 NLT). “…The Spirit of God dwell[s]… in you…” (Romans 8:9 KJV). (Hebrews 1:9 NASB). “…My Presence will go with you…” (Exodus 33:14 NIV). “…I am with you always, to the very end…"(Matthew 28:20 NIV). God will “…Never leave nor forsake you…” (Hebrews 13:5 KJV).  “…Behold, I am with … [you] and will keep … [you] whithersoever [you]… goest…I will not leave [you] ..." (Genesis 28:15 ASV).
“…if Christ be in you… [then] …the Lord … [is] … in your presence (and “YOU” are ENGULFED in his presence) ” (Romans 8:10 KJV & Exodus 33:16-23 NIV).  “… [Jesus sets]… me in [god’s] … presence forever…” (Psalms 44:12 NASB).
FIRST LOVE is permanent and forever. “…love, which is the perfect BOND of unity...” (Colossians 3:14 NASB). “… [Nothing]…shall be able to separate [you]… from the love of God which is “in” Christ Jesus our Lord…” (Romans 8:38-39 KJV).  “… the…faithful love of the Lord, never ends...” (Lamentations 3:22-23 NLT).  “…He [or she]… that is joined unto the Lord is ONE SPIRIT….” (1 Corinthians 6:17).
God’s FIRST LOVE for you has NOT changed one iota, but you have. It is the YOUR CHOICE to depend upon that POWERFUL LOVE through the empowerment of the indwelling Holy Spirit.
“…He… [completely] … entrusted himself to him (FIRST LOVE) who judges justly…” (1 Peter 2:19-23 NIV).
LEAVING FIRST LOVE automatically creates the absence to GRACE. You will begin to experience the FALL away from GRACE where you become a believer who languishes from NO impact and one who is no longer a life preserver, an influencer or a LIGHT. “Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity” (Matthew 7:21-23 KJV).
FIRST LOVE (God) respects your choice. He desires to be your choice, but will not force his desires upon you. He does, however, express himself to you by saying: “…I have this against you …you have left your first love…” (revelation 2:4 NASB). “… repent and do the first works (REVELATION 2:5 KJV).  “… or else I WILL COME QUICKLY, AND WILL REMOVE THY CANDLESTICK” (REVELATION 2:5 KJV).
This is not a threat. It is not a warning, but it is a RESPONSE to your choice. God’s GAVE his indwelling Holy Spirit so that his people would be ALIVE, RELEVANT, and PURPOSEFUL. “…I am come that THEY MIGHT have life, and that THEY MIGHT have it more abundantly…” (John 10:10 KJV). “…Jesus said… I am the LIFE…..” (John 11:25 KJV). “…Choose LIFE” (Deuteronomy 30:19 KJV). “…The Light which … enlightens every man” (John 1:19 NASB).
His people are to become believers that are LIGHTING the WORLD with God’s TRUTH. “… You are the light of the world..." (Matthew 5:14 KJV). "…Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven…” (Matthew 5:16 NASB).
They are to be those who are preserving people from the corruption of sin, influencing holy morality, and enlightening people with the truth. “…God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation (salt and light). ” (2 Corinthians 5:18 NIV). "… You are the salt of the earth…” (Matthew 5:13 NASB).
God’s people voluntarily choose to become willing vessels by proclaiming the Gospel, by being the LIGHT; and allowing God’s indwelling Holy Spirit to work “IN” and “THROUGH” them to change lives, change their families, change their congregations, change their communities, change their societies, and change their countries.
“…HE WHICH HATH “BEGUN” A GOOD “WORK” IN YOU WILL “PERFORM” IT until the day of Jesus Christ…” (Philippians 1:6 KJV). …God …works in you TO WILL and TO ACT in order to fulfill his good purpose…” (Philippians 2:13 NIV). “…the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works…” (John 14:10 KJV).
If YOU choose to leave FIRST LOVE (God), walk away from GRACE, depend upon the limitation of self-effort, and forfeit to depend upon the indwelling Holy Spirit; JESUS is “STILL”  going to LIGHT the WORLD with his truth through willing vessel!! He will do it WITH or WITHOUT you! “…The Light which … enlightens every man” (John 1:19 NASB). “.. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.  Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house…” (Matthew 5:14-15 KJV).
Therefore, “…Choose you this day whom ye will serve (the efforts of self or dependence upon the indwelling Holy Spirit)...” (Joshua 24:15 KJV). This is YOUR CHOICE:you have left your first love…” (revelation 2:4) NASB).
HOWEVER, it’s NOT too late. You can, right now, choose to DO THIS” “… repent and do the first works (REVELATION 2:5 KJV).  “… [or else, even though I don’t desire to]I WILL COME QUICKLY, AND … REMOVE THY CANDLESTICK” (REVELATION 2:5 KJV).



No comments:

Post a Comment