Friday, May 7, 2021

BECOMING ONE SPIRIT IS THE BEGINNING OF THE COVENANT RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD

 


BECOMING "ONE SPIRIT" IS THE BEGINNING OF THE COVENANT RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD, THE HOLY SPIRIT

“…predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son….” (Romans 8:29).

*

The best part of the Christian journey is the “covenant unity” relationship I am able to have with the God, the Holy Spirit.  It took many years to learn I didn’t really have a relationship with God at all, but was, in fact socialized into Christianity.

I knew all the clichés and gestures like the back of my hand. I was a master at imitating the Christian culture. I looked and acted like the real thing, but I wasn’t. I worshipped God with my lips, but much of my heart was far from him.

That reality was a real eye opener.  I didn’t realize I wasn’t the real thing until I met someone who really was Christ-like.

I was doing Christianity like a PRO, but I wasn’t really becoming Christ-like or experiencing transformation that comes from renewing the mind. “…Be transformed by the renewing of your mind….” (Romans 12:2 KJV). “be conformed to the image of his Son…” (ROMANS 8:29 KJV). “…In this world we are LIKE JESUS…” (1 John 4:17 NIV). “GROW (develop, transform) in the GRACE and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ” (2 Timothy 3:18 NIV). “… [change, transform]… into the SAME IMAGE …” (2 Corinthians 3:18 KJV).)  “…[the]…image of HIS SON...” (ROMANS 8:29 KJV). “…[into the]…fullness of CHRIST…” (Ephesians 4:14 NIV).

I knew A LOT about God, but I didn’t KNOW God, intimately.  Being raised in the church made me think learning about God and Jesus (his living Word), for years and years, made me an expert Christian. “…He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me...” (Mark 7:6 KJV).  

Actually, I was the typical religious person. I was more moral and ethical than holy or righteous. “…Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity…” (Matthew 7:22-23 KJV).

But when I met someone who was allowing Jesus Christ to authentically transform his life I knew I hadn’t truly committed to the “covenant unity” relationship with God, the Holy Spirit, which empowers you to conform to “HIS” image and likeness. “…Ye shall know [God’s transformed people]… by their fruits…” (Matthew 7:16 KJV). “…The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance…” (Galatians 5:22-23 KJV). “…He (she) who ABIDES in Me and I in him (her), he (she) bears much fruit(John 15:1-11 NASB). "…My Father is glorified by this, that “YOU” (his people) bear much fruit, and so PROVE to be My (God’s) disciples” (John 15:8 NIV).

However, this man’s witness made me want to have an authentic “covenant unity: relationship with God too. I SAW God’s GLORY (his presence, goodness and working power) shining through him and it transformed my walk with God. "…Let your light shine before men (women, children, etc.) in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven…” (Matthew 5:16 NASB). “… [Jesus’] name is [also] ... called The Word of God…” (Revelation 19:12-13 NASB). “… I am (jesus, the word of god is) the light... (revelation of God) ...of the world..." (John 9:5, 8:12 KJV). “... [the word, Jesus]... is a light to reveal God  to the nations...” (Luke 2:32 NLT).

“... A Light of revelation...” (LUKE 2:32 NASB). “…In this world we are LIKE JESUS…” (1 John 4:17 NIV). “…The Light which … enlightens every man (woman)” (John 1:19 NASB). “…. We now have this light shining in our hearts ...This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves…” (2 Corinthians 4:5-7 NLT).

“…THE WORDS THAT I (Jesus) SPEAK unto you, they ARE SPIRIT (god)… and they are LIFE….” (John 6:63 KJV). “…The Lord (Jesus, the LIVING Word) is that Spirit (revelation of God)…” (2 Corinthians 3:17 KJV).  “... the light (revelation of God) makes everything visible. This is why it is said, “Awake, O sleeper, rise up from the dead, and Christ (the WORD) will give you light (revelation of god)... (Ephesians 5:19 NLT).

“…Jesus (the LIVING Word) saith unto him, Have I (the WORD of GOD) been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? He (she) that hath SEEN ME (through Jesus, the WORD of GOD) HATH SEEN the Father (God, the Holy Spirit); and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?...” (John 14:9 KJV). “… I (the WORD) and my Father (the HOLY SPIRIT) are ONE…” (John 10:30 KJV).

The “covenant unity” relationship with God, the Holy Spirit, makes the Spirit and soul “ONE” unit and becomes the CHANGE AGENT for the lost and spiritually dead soul, forever! “…that they may all be one (UNIT); even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us…” (John 17:21-23 NASB).

Jesus said: “… I am the light(revelation of god) of the world..." (John 9:5, 8:12 KJV). “... He (THE WORD) is a light to reveal God to the nations...” (Luke 2:32 NLT). Jesus, the Word is “... A Light of revelation...” (LUKE 2:32 NASB).

 “…The Light which … enlightens (or which gives revelation knowledge of god, the holy spirit to) every ...[REDEEMED]...man (woman)” (John 1:19 NASB). “.. A Light of revelation...” (LUKE 2:32 NASB). “...And this is life eternal, that they might know [have intimate, revelation knowledge of] thee the only true God (the Holy Spirit), and Jesus Christ (God’s LIVING Word), whom thou hast sent...” (John 17:3 KJV).

“…In this world we are LIKE JESUS…” (1 John 4:17 NIV).  

After “SEEING” this witness, I went home and cried. This awakening may not be true of everybody, but it was true about me. I had to admit, to myself, not only didn’t I “know” God, but I didn’t really “love” him either. “…This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me...” (Mark 7:6 KJV).  

I appeared Christlike and I gave my faith plenty of lip-service, but I was FAR from having a truly, intimate, “covenant unity” relationship with God. I was your typical hypocrite and a pretty good one too. I talked and acted as if I both knew God and loved him, but I didn’t, really. “...Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of ... all uncleanness… ” (Matthew 23:27 KJV).

I hate phony, yet I was a phony Christian CLAIMING to know God. “…If someone claims, “I know God,” but doesn’t obey God’s commandments, that person IS A LIAR and is not living in the truth…” (1 John 2:4 NLT).  “…If we “SAY” that we have fellowship with him, and WALK IN DARKNESS (without the show of spiritual fruit, revelation knowledge, or righteous deeds), WE LIE, and DO NOT THE TRUTH…” (1 John 1:6 KJV).  the deeds of the flesh are evident” (Galatians 5:20-22  NASB).

I knew all along something was missing in my Christian journey. I had information about God and I had an appropriate amount of understanding, but very, very little “covenant unity” relationship application or experience. “...I [had] ...neither learned wisdom, nor have the knowledge of the holy...  [I had not truly learned of the ONE who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell? Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar...” (Proverbs 30:3-6 KJV).

God’s people go from church to church with plenty Christian education and religious experience, but very little “covenant unity” relationship with God, the Holy Spirt; the REAL change agent. “...This is what the Lord says: “Don’t let the wise boast in their wisdom, or the powerful boast in their power, or the rich boast in their riches. But those who wish to boast should boast in this alone: that they truly know me (has revelation knowledge of God) and understand that I am the Lord (the word) who demonstrates unfailing love and who brings justice and righteousness to the earth, and that I delight in these things. I, the Lord (god’s word), have spoken!...” (Jeremiah 9:23-24 NLT).  “….apart from Me (the WORD), you (God’s people) can do nothing…” (John 15:5 NIV).

Wisdom is the application of knowledge (experience) and understanding (clear revelation of truth). “...Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding...” (Proverbs 4:7 KJV). “... Getting wisdom is the wisest thing you can do! And whatever else you do, develop good judgment....” (Proverbs 4:7 NLT).

And the bible says Wisdom is the MAIN thing when it comes to KNOWING or having a REVELATION knowledge of God.   “…If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. …” (James 1:4-7 KJV). “...O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out! For who hath known the mind of the Lord? Or who hath been his counsellor?...” (Romans 11:33-34 KJV). “...Those who trust in themselves are fools, but those who walk in wisdom are kept safe…” (Proverbs 28:26 NIV).

I knew, however, in many areas of my Christian walk I was pretending to be in a “covenant unity” relationship with God, when in fact I was not.

I knew I wasn’t authentically Christ-like, but I could imitate Christlikeness so well I ignored or justified any shortcomings. God knew too and when I went to him in prayer to confess my pretense I could have sworn God sighed.

After so many years of doing Christianity where do I start in order to have a genuine “covenant unity” relationship with God? First, I needed to show respect to God, the indwelling Holy Spirit and the covenant relationship I shared with HIM on a daily basis. “...The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding...” (Proverbs 9:10 KJV).

Second, having a genuine RESPECT for God, the indwelling Holy Spirit was the beginning of wisdom or for having an authentic transformation experience. “...The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding...” (Proverbs 9:10 KJV).

Finally, an authentic transformation experience with God, empowered by his indwelling Holy Spirit, would also enable me to have a clearer revelation knowledge of HIS divine character. “...The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy, [which becomes]... understanding...” (Proverbs 9:10 KJV).

“...This is what the Lord (the word) says: “....those who wish to boast should boast in this alone: that they truly know me (the Word of God) and understand (have a clear revelation knowledge) I am the Lord (the word) who demonstrates unfailing love and who brings justice and righteousness to the earth, and that I delight in these things. I, the Lord (god’s word), have spoken!” (Jeremiah 9:23-24 NLT).

Where do God’s people BEGIN to truly experience, God, the Holy Spirit, so HE will transform their lives and enable them to become CONFORMED to his SON (HIS LIVING WORD). “...The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding...” (Proverbs 9:10 KJV). “be conformed to the image of his Son (the WORD)…” (ROMANS 8:29 KJV). “It is ...God who does the work IN and THROUGH ... [HIS people] … (1 Corinthians 12:4-11 NLT). The [indwelling] HOLY SPIRIT DISPLAYS God’s power THROUGH each of [his people] … (1 Corinthians 12:4-11 NLT). “…the ...Father that dwelleth in [THEM], he doeth the works…” (John 14:10 KJV). “...Herein is my Father (God, the Holy Spirit) glorified (this is how his presence, goodness, and working power WITNESSED), that [his people] bear much fruit ... be [his] disciples...” (John 15:1-10 KJV).… [Thus, his people will]… bear much fruit, and …PROVE to be [God’s]… disciples…” (John 15:8 NIV).

“…. [THEY] PROVE [THEM] SELVES by [their] purity, [their] understanding, [their] patience, [their] kindness, [AND]...by the Holy Spirit WITHIN [them]…” (2 Corinthians 6:6 NLT). This is why I wrote THE COVENANT RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD, THE HOLY SPIRIT to help God’s people have a genuine “covenant unity” relationship with God too and NOT spend years experiencing Christianity as just another religious system.

I will explain “covenant unity” later, but for now it simply means the reconciliation of the HOLY SPIRIT and the soul.” “…He (she) that is joined unto the Lord is ONE SPIRIT (are “in” a COVENANT UNITY relationship with God, the Holy Spirit)…” (1 Corinthians 6:17 KJV). “ [They [ are his; [They] are “HIS” PEOPLE...” (Psalms 100:3 KJV). “… [they]... belong to God, [and are his]... dear children…” (1 John 4:2-7 NIV).

Anyway, an authentic “covenant unity” relationship with God, the Holy Spirit, is not limited to spiritual leaders, clergy, televangelists, and other well-known Christians.“… it is God who works in [each of HIS people]…  in order to fulfill his good purpose…” (Philippians 2:13 NIV).   “… [God, the Holy Spirit] … equip[s] (or provides)… [each of his people]... with everything good for doing his will …” (Hebrews 13:20-21 NIV). “… [God, the Holy Spirit] …work[s] (within each of his people) … what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ” (Hebrews 13:20-21 NIV).

Thus, ordinary people can and will, become witnesses of his GLORY (his presence, goodness, and working power) upon earth just like Jesus did. “…God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and WITH POWER: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for GOD WAS WITH HIM. And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem…” (Acts 10:38-39 KJV). “… [The] Good News about Christ (GOD’s WORD)… It is the power of God at work, saving  everyone who believes (WHO trusts in and DEPENDS UPON HIS WORD)” (Romans 1:16 NLT).

His GLORY revealed, “in” and “through” HIS people, will be the WITNESS of the personal, intimate, “covenant unity” relationship they share with God.“.... [God’s people]... are witnesses of all things which he (Jesus, God’s Word) did...[and is still doing “through” his people] …” (Acts 10:38-39 KJV). “…Verily, verily, I say unto you, He (she) that believeth on me (Jesus, God’s Word), the works that I do (the LIVING Word does) shall he (she) do also; and GREATER WORKS (not different works, but greater) than these shall he (she) do; because I go unto my Father…” (John 14:1 KJV). “…God anointed (miraculously empowered) Jesus of Nazareth (HOW?) with the Holy Ghost and WITH POWER (what did jesus do?)...  [he]...went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil …(HOW?) GOD WAS WITH HIM…” (Acts 10:38-39 KJV).

“…The works that [Jesus, the LIVING Word did], shall [HIS people]... do also; and GREATER WORKS (not different works, but greater) than [these]...shall [they]... do” (John 14:1 KJV).

The miraculous life of the Christian believer is not limited to just famous Christian leaders, but God’s promises are yes and amen to the whole body of Christ (every single child who belongs to HIM). “… AS MANY as received him, to them GAVE HE POWER TO BECOME THE “SONS”  (daughters) OF GOD (children of God)…” (John 1:12 KJV).  “... [THEY BELONG TO CHRIST JESUS” (Ephesians 3:6 NLT).

“… [HIS children,]… enjoy the promise of blessings (provisions) because THEY BELONG TO CHRIST JESUS” (Ephesians 3:6 NLT).   “…Your … [provision] … be upon “Your people!” Selah…” (Psalm 3:8 NASB). “…The LORD “will” … [PROVIDE ] … his people with peace…” (Psalm 29:11 KJV).

[they]... are HIS PEOPLE...” (Psalms 100:3 KJV). WHO? “…Those who BELONG TO Christ Jesus …” (Galatians 5 NLT). “…Because [they].. BELONG to him … (And remember that those who do not have the Spirit of Christ living in them DO NOT BELONG TO HIM at all.)” (Romans 8:1-14 NLT). “…  [Everyone who belongs, to him through Jesus, however, and] … who believe the Good News share equally in the riches inherited by God’s children. [They]…are [ALL]… part of the same body, and enjoy the promise of … [provisions] … because THEY BELONG TO CHRIST JESUS” (Ephesians 3:6 NLT).  

Therefore, every single brother and sister in Christ is on the same leveling ground, sharing his promises EQUALLY. “…  [Everyone who belongs, to him through Jesus, however, and] … who believe the Good News share equally in the riches inherited by God’s children… because THEY BELONG TO CHRIST JESUS” (Ephesians 3:6 NLT).  

God is not like man and is not partial to anyone, but treats every child fair, loving, and just. Every believer can have a personal testimony about their “covenant unity” relationship with God. “…There is NEITHER Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female…” (Galatians 3:26-28 KJV). “…God SHOWS NO FAVORITISM.  In every nation HE ACCEPTS those who fear him and do what is right—…there is peace with God through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all…” (Acts 10:34-36 NLT). “…God is no RESPECTER OF PERSONS: But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him. The word which God sent … preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:)…” (Acts 10:34-36 KJV).

 “…  [Everyone who belongs, to him through Jesus, however, and] … who believe the Good News share equally in the riches inherited by God’s children… because THEY BELONG TO CHRIST JESUS” (Ephesians 3:6 NLT).  

 I pray in the Name of Jesus that this book will lay a foundation for an authentic “covenant unity” relationship with God, the Holy Spirit that will CHANGE your life forever.  “…So now you … are no longer strangers and foreigners. You are citizens along with all of God’s holy people. You are members of God’s family. Together, we are his house, built on the foundation of the apostles and the prophets. And the cornerstone is Christ Jesus himself…” (Ephesians 2:19-20 NLT).

I declare and decree that redeemed souls everywhere who read this book will renew, strengthen, establish, revive, develop, grow, expand, or go deeper into the “covenant unity” relationship with God, the Holy Spirit, through Christ in JESUS NAME! AMEN!  “… [God sent the ] …one … who can [REconcile] God and humanity—the man Christ Jesus (WHO comes to DWELL WITHIN)…” (1 Timothy 2:5 NLT).

“... Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation (substitute, intervention) for our sins.” (1 John 4:10 KJV).…Christ (God’s PLAN of SALVATION) ... hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us [back] to God …” (1 Peter 3:18 KJV). “...we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son...” (Romans 5:10 KJV).

“…God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son “INTO” [the] HEARTS [of his people]…” (Galatians 4:6 NASB). “…God has given [his people] his Spirit as PROOF that [they]… live (are alive) in him and he [dwells]…in [them]…” (1 John 4:13 NLT).  “…Jesus Christ is in [God’s people]” (2 Corinthians 13:5 KJV).

May God capture every human being reading this book and redirect their hearts, through Jesus, the LIVING Word, toward a deeper, loving “covenant unity” relationship with HIM. AMEN. “... the Lord (Jesus, the LIVING Word) direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ...” (2 Thessalonians 3:5 KJV). “...the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God and into the steadfastness of Christ...” (2 Thessalonian 3:5 NASB). “...May the Lord lead your hearts into a full understanding and expression of the love of God and the patient endurance that comes from Christ...” (2 Thessalonians 3:5 NLT)  “...May the Master take you by the hand and lead you along the path of God’s love and Christ’s endurance...” (2 Thessalonians 3:5 MSG).

God is not far away, but is present, reachable, interactive, and lovingly personable with each of his people. God will lead them into the LOVING “covenant unity” relationship with him step by step. “…“God with us…” (Matthew 1:23 NASB). “…God is love…” (1 John 4:4-8 KJV). “…Love … the perfect BOND of UNITY...” (Colossians 3:14 NASB). …He that is joined unto the Lord is ONE SPIRIT…[with God, the Father through Jesus Christ, our Lord] … (1 Corinthian 6:17 KJV). “... acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths” (Proverbs 3:5-6 KJV). “…The steps of a good man(woman) are ordered by the Lord:” (Psalms 37:23 KJV). “I will instruct you and guide you in the way you should go; I will fix My eyes upon You…” (Psalm 32:8).

I have shown you how you should find the way in which you should walk…” (Isaiah 48:17). “…So I say, let the [indwelling] Holy Spirit guide your lives. … …” (Galatians 5 NLT).

What does God want? Why did he go through SO MUCH trouble and heartache just to reconcile with HIS people?  It is summoned up in the following scripture: “... Herein is love...God ...loved [his people] and sent His Son to be the propitiation for [their]... sins...” (1 John 4:10 KJV).the just for the unjust, that he might bring ...[his people back] to God …” (1 Peter 3:18 KJV). “..[They]... were reconciled to God by the death of his Son...” (Romans 5:10 KJV).

 “...Look! [God stands]... at the door [of their hearts] and knock. If you (HIS people) hear [his] voice and open the door, [God]... will come in, and [they] will share a meal together as friends...” (Revelations 3:20 NLT). “...I will come in to him (her), and will sup with him (her), and he (she) with me...” (Revelation 3:20 KJV). “...I’ll come right in and sit down to supper with you(each of HIS people)...” (Revelation 3:20 MSG). “...I will come in to him (her) and will dine with him (her), and he(she) with Me...” (Revelation 3:20 NASB).

God loves his people and desired to be reconciled to them so he could enjoy a close intimate relationship that included fellowship, sharing meals, and intimate conversation. “...I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends...” (Revelations 3:20 NLT).

He also wanted them to live a FULL and ABUNDANT spiritual life. “…I (the Word) am come that THEY MIGHT have (spiritual) LIFE, and that THEY MIGHT have [SPIRITUAL LIFE] ... more abundantly…” (John 10:10 KJV).

I will share with you how it started with me. It has been the opportunity of a lifetime from that time on and it is continually wonderful. “everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus [our]… Lord...” (Philippians 3:8 NLT). “For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ” (Philippians 3:8 NLT). “...Whom have I in heaven but You(God, the Holy Spirit)? And besides You, I desire nothing on earth...” (Psalm 73:25 NASB)

 I am not trying to start a pattern or give you a box of tools or a set of steps to a closer, loving, intimate “covenant unity” relationship with God. “... acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths...” (Proverbs 3:5-6 KJV).  

Remember I was horrible at having a “covenant unity” relationship with God. I only hope to point you to an authentic relationship with God for yourself that you may truly live an ABUNDANT spiritual life and TRULY become like Jesus, in this world. “…In this world we are like Jesus…” (1 John 4:17 NIV). “…He helps [his people]…” (Psalms 28:7 NLT)..  “… The Holy Spirit helps [his people in their] ...weakness…” (Romans 8:26 NLT).

I am finite just like you, but God is infinite. “...He (God, the Holy Spirit) careth for you.” (1 Peter 5:7 KJV).[God, the Holy Spirit]...will supply all your NEED” (John 12:32 KJV). ).  “…The LORD (the LIVING Word) “WILL” accomplish (take care of)…that which concerns [HIS people]…” (John 14:31 NASB).

God is not limited by Christian theories or doctrines. Man’s theories, writings, and doctrines are stepping stones to help you get started on a particular journey, but God is the ONLY one who can GIVE revelation knowledge. “... he (Jesus, the LIVING Word) shall direct thy paths...” (Proverbs 3:5-6 KJV).  “... the Lord (Jesus, the LIVING Word) direct your hearts into the love of God...” (2 Thessalonians 3:5 KJV).  

God made every one of his children unique and every “covenant unity” relationship is special even though they share and serve the same Father of all creation. “…God SHOWS NO FAVORITISM.  In every nation HE ACCEPTS those who fear him and do what is right…” (Acts 10:34-36 NLT). “…God is no RESPECTER OF PERSONS: But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him (Acts 10:34-36 KJV).

God uses revelation knowledge, through Jesus, the LIVING Word, to further enlighten his people when they personally spend time with him. Jesus had another name.… His name is called The Word of God…” (Revelation 19:12-13 NASB). “.. A Light of revelation...” (LUKE 2:32 NASB). “... [Jesus, the Word, the LIGHT of Revelation] ... opened their minds to understand the Scriptures...” (Luke 24:45 NLT).

Therefore, God will help HIS people, through Jesus, the LIVING Word, to START building their OWN personal “covenant unity” relationship with Him.“... he (Jesus, the LIVING Word) shall direct thy paths...” (Proverbs 3:5-6 KJV).  “... the Lord (Jesus, the LIVING Word) direct your hearts into the love of God...” (2 Thessalonians 3:5 KJV). “…He helps me…” (Psalms 28:7 NLT).

“…The Lord who made you and helps you says: Do not be afraid …my servant …my chosen one…” (Isaiah 44:2 NLT). “… The Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness…” (Romans 8:26 NLT). “…You are my helper and my savior…” (Psalms 40:17 NLT).

Jesus, the indwelling LIVING Word, sown within the hearts of the redeemed soul, EMPOWERS THEM with an “affinity” toward to the “covenant unity” relationship with God, the Holy Spirit. “…God (the Holy Spirit)... is love…” (1 John 4:8 KJV). “…The …HOLY SPIRIT (God, the Father) …is the SOURCE of [your AFFINITY toward HIM]it is …God who does the work IN and THROUGH [HIS people]. The HOLY SPIRIT DISPLAYS God’s power THROUGH each of ...[them] … (1 Corinthians 12:4-11 NLT).

God will also help his people to further grow in his grace and revelation knowledge. “..Therefore come boldly unto the throne of GRACE, [God’s people, that]… [you] may obtain mercy, and find GRACE to help in time of need…” (Hebrews 4:16 KJV). God, the Holy Spirit, will “…strengthened [you]… with might by his Spirit in the inner man…” (Ephesians 3:16 KJV). “… [He will strengthen HIS people]…according to the POWER that worketh IN [THEM]…” (Ephesians 3:20 KJV). “… God  work[s] … in … [his people] … what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ” (Hebrews 13:20-21 NIV). “…the Father... [that DWELLS within THEM]… he doeth the works…”(John 14:10 KJV).

Now I will answer this question: “How did the “covenant unity” relationship finally start with me?”

Like I said, I knew about God’s love for me basically as a collection of facts, but I really did not know, his love, experientially, for me.

 In other words, I had the knowledge of God’s love, understood it, but didn’t have much “covenant unity” relationship experience.

Experience means to take what you know and understand and correctly apply it. Or in simple terms putting what you know and understand into action.

That night I saw the true Christlike WITNESS, I went home and cried. I wanted that kind of intimate relationship with God. The Holy Spirit led me to read the book of Hosea. God used Hosea to give me revelation knowledge, through his LIVING Word, of his personal love for me and his people.

I was enlightened, inspired, empowered, and moved by HIS revelation as the indwelling Holy Spirit led me further into the truth of his great love for me and each of his people. .“... he (Jesus, the LIVING Word) shall direct thy paths...” (Proverbs 3:5-6 KJV).  “... the Lord (Jesus, the LIVING Word) direct your hearts into the love of God...” (2 Thessalonians 3:5 KJV). “…The steps of a good man(woman) are ordered by the Lord:” (Psalms 37:23 KJV). “I will instruct you and guide you in the way you should go; I will fix My eyes upon You…” (Psalm 32:8).

I became spiritually, not intellectually aware of his love for me. That’s where the authentic relationship with God started. “…Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that HE LOVED US... (1 John 4:10 KJV). “...We love, because HE FIRST LOVED US…” (1 John 4:19 ASV). “…God is love…” (1 John 4:4-8 KJV). “…Love … the perfect BOND of UNITY...” (Colossians 3:14 NASB).

I started genuinely loving God because He revealed his love for me, FIRST. Just like the scripture says, “…we love because he first loved us…” (1 John 4:19).

This is not a pattern, but an example of how my “covenant unity” relationship with God, the Holy Spirit began. God may use the same method of revelation with you or he may start his relationship with you in a whole other way. However, God’s love will always be the starting point for the “covenant unity” relationship. “…because he first loved us…” (1 John 4:19).

From that moment God “revealed” his  HOLY love for me, my life was wonderfully revolutionized through the “covenant unity” relationship.

Without having an authentic “covenant unity” relationship with God, the Holy Spirit,  the Christian faith becomes just another religious system.

Without an authentic “covenant unity” relationship with God, the Holy Spirit, the redeemed soul is missing out on the opportunity to KNOW HIM personally.

Without an authentic “covenant unity” relationship with God, the Holy Spirit, the redeemed soul will never know what it’s like to “become” truly Christ-like.

Without an authentic “covenant unity” relationship with God, the Holy Spirit, the redeemed soul’s won’t experience mind renewal.  Thus, they will not have an impact on society or those around them.

If God’s people don’t transform into the image and likeness of Jesus, they  won’t be able to become an encouragement for others to transform either.

During my dissertation research, statistics revealed that believers who are in a committed relationship with God were much more Christ-like than those who were not.

In addition, out of hundreds of Christians surveyed by one pastor only 1/3 of Christians were in a committed relationship with God through Christ, 1/3 were luke-warm, and another 1/3 admitted to believing, but not following the bible teachings at all.

It is my prayer that more believers will seek to have a more authentic “covenant unity” relationship with God, the Holy Spirit, through Christ.

It is important for an authentic Christianity to continue to impact society, the adherents to be truly transformed, and lost souls be saved.

People “STILL” become like the company they keep. The “covenant unity” relationship with God, the Holy Spirit, is the CHANGE AGENT that will turn the lost and spiritually dead soul, into a “living soul” again.

BUY IT HERE: www.amazon.com/author/pensacolahelene

 

No comments:

Post a Comment