Thursday, September 13, 2018

IN YOUR TRIAL; GOD IS "STILL" BEING GOOD TO YOU!!


EVEN IN YOUR TRIALS; GOD IS "STILL" BEING GOOD TO YOU!!

                            “…Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?” (Job 2:10 NIV). 
*
If you are going through something, I would like to offer some “food for thought on the subject of "suffering.” We ALL question our seasons of suffering. We all stumble with the "why me" during “suffering,” We stumble over the purpose of suffering, the process of suffering, the details of suffering, the various circumstances of suffering, and God’s allowance of suffering; especially if "we" are his children.

Suffering comes from long and challenging periods of tests, trials or tribulations and should be considered a joyful opportunity. “…My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations (trials, tests, tribulations, etc.)…” (James 1:2 KJV). I can’t say I’ve consider any test or trial joy. Do you count these seasons of suffering JOY; me either.

I have found joy AFTER the test and I have gained joy FROM the test, but I have "NOT" found joy "IN" the test. Even though, my tests have brought me great joy and incredible blessings; I have yet to “…count it all  (of the experience) joy…”

I am, most of the time, a positive person. I am the person who will say the glass is half full, not half empty. However, calling a test “joy” has eluded me. There is no doubt, “joy” after the test, but the process, the details, or the actual experience of being "IN" the tests have rattled me to the core.

Don't get me wrong, every single test has been an incredible blessing and I am a better "child of God" as a result of each one of them. During the actual process, my tests have strengthened my faith, revealed my lack of faith, and exposed my lingering sinful ways. For certain, during the actual process of my tests, my character become more disciplined,  I was corrected, became more humbled, and developed a stronger spiritual foundation.  I always discover the “real” me (Deuteronomy 8:2 KJV).
Who am I when I suffer? Whoa!!! You don’t want to know. LOL! However, I am going to be honest and transparent. During a test, trial, or tribulation I have complained to God. I' cried. I've asked God "WHY ME?" I have disagreed with the way he seemed to be working things together for my so-call good. I have questioned the doors he's closed. I've been disappointed with the things or people I've lost along the way. I've been frightened about major changes in my life, aging, starting over in certain places, and whether the future could really get brighter after ALL of this.

In addition, during the process of my various tests, this is the clincher, I have had the nerve to deem my suffering as unfair and downright unjust; especially the tests that seem to go on and on for days, weeks, months, or years.

I’ve had my nerve, especially since, “…Christ suffered for [me]…, leaving [me]… an example, that [I] should follow in his steps. “He committed no sin, and no deceit was found in his mouth.” When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly…” (1 Peter 2:20-23 NIV). 
I read in my bible, how Christ was beaten until he was unrecognizable, he was made to carry a heavy wooden cross through the city, his sweat was like drops of blood, nails were hammered into his hands and feet, he was hung like a criminal, and he hung outside for days. The bible says he didn't mutter a single word. “… When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly…” (1 Peter 2:20-23 NIV).

Initially, I found no comfort in that scripture. I thought I simply didn’t deserve my suffering, but neither did “SINLESS” Jesus.  I was thinking WAY to high of myself, but I’m finally off my high horse!!

What challenged me in the process of suffering was this scripture, “If you love me, you will keep my commandments” (John 14:15).

God drew me to himself with his love and I pledged to love him back. When I accepted Christ as my Savior, I GAVE my life to him and I meant it. God can do what he wants with my life. I surrender all!

I said that before I knew about the suffering part. LOL! The process of suffering hurts, especially when you are in the MIDST of it, but another scripture I read encouraged me to stay the course. Even though it hurts, if you love God, you will keep your “….oath [to God] and [will not]….change [your]….mind…” (Psalm 15:4 NIV). Even though it HURTS, its PAINFUL, you don't like it, and it's extremely CHALLENGING... remember you GAVE your life to God.

Thus, it was during my “seasons of suffering” that I discovered I truly loved God. Right smack in the middle of the process I am HIGHLY tempted to do wrong, but choose to do right, by faith,  and with the help of the enabling power of the Holy Spirit; I ENDURED. “…the faithful followers of the Lord … keep their promises even when it hurts…” (Psalm 15:4 NLT).

You can talk about how you love God all you want, but is it only when YOU deem life is good? Does God stop being good just because you are facing troubles? “… [Will you]… accept good from God, and not trouble?” (Job 2:10 NIV). God is ALWAYS good, even during your trials, tests, and tribulations. “…Thou are GOOD and doest GOOD…” (Psalm 119:68 KJV). “…GOOD and upright is the Lord…” (Psalm 25:8 KJV).

Satan brings the suffering and God allows it. If God, who is ALWAYS good allows your suffering, then the test, trial, or tribulation is for your GOOD. Satan “…intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives” Genesis 50:20 NIV). 
Satan is trying to prove you only serve God for his blessings and the “good times,” not out of love. God already knows whether you love him or NOT and suffering will help you “know” it too (Deuteronomy 8:2). “… God …[tried] ... him that he might know all that was in his heart…” (2 Chronicles 32:31 KJV).


God wants to develop the “…hidden man of the heart…” (1 Peter 3:4 KJV). God took Israel through the wilderness (trials) for forty years? He did it to humble them, test them, to see if they would keep his commandments or not, and to “….know what was in [their]…heart…” (Deuteronomy 8:2 KJV).

 “…The Lord said to Satan,Where have you come from?” Satan answered the Lord, “From roaming throughout the earth, going back and forth on it.” Then the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil.” “Does Job fear God for nothing?” Satan replied. “Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land. But now stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face.” The Lord said to Satan, “Very well, then, everything he has is in your power, but on the man himself do not lay a finger.” Then Satan went out from the presence of the Lord” (Job 1:7-12 NIV).

“…Through all this Job did not sin nor did he blame God “ Job 1:20-22 NASB).

If you love me, you will keep my commandments” (John 14:15).

How do you know you love God? Suffering, of any kind, will reveal what is truly in your heart.

Suffering will prove what or who you “really” love. Satan is ready and willing to bring on the troubles he thinks will turn you AWAY from God.  Satan said to God about Job, “…strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face.(Job 1:7-12 NIV).

“…Christ suffered for [you and I]…, leaving [us]… an example, that [we] should follow in his steps. …” (1 Peter 2:20-23 NIV). Jesus is the FORERUNNER of SUFFERING! Since HE MADE it, his indwelling Spirit will enable you to MAKE it TOO! In the relationship with God through Christ, suffering is a blessing, NOT a curse. But if you suffer for doing good and you endure it, this is commendable (praiseworthy, admirable, etc) before God…” (1 Peter 2:19-23 NIV).

I am not simply talking about the suffering that is happening TO you, but the suffering that is happening IN you.

God loves you and proved it by sending His son. He wants you to love him too and wants you to prove your love to Him by “trusting HIM through the Son, HIS WORD,” he sent to HELP you, during your “seasons of suffering." 
Proving your love to God is not so much FOR God, as it is for YOU. God already KNOWS what's in your HEART, but sometimes his people don't KNOW what truly lingers in their OWN heart. We TALK about loving God, being faithful to Him, trusting in him UNTIL... we go through a season of suffering. “...God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart”(1 Samuel 16:7 NASB). Thus, God looks at the “…HIDDEN man of the heart…” (1 Peter 3:4 KJV).  … FROM within, out of the heart of man, proceed evil thoughts…these … come from within, and defile a person.” (Mark 7:21-23 KJV). Your heart “…is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked:…who can know it [except God?]…” (Jeremiah 17:9 KJV). 

So when you go through seasons of suffering what do you do? Jesus put ALL his trust in God; so like Jesus, “…[do you... entrust yourself] to him who judges justly?…” (1 Peter 2:20-23 NIV). YES!

No matter what, “…If you love [God]… keep [following His] commandments” (John 14:15).  Your suffering is GOOD for you, because God has allowed it. It is also transforming and rewarding. God says “..that all things work together for GOOD  to them that LOVE GOD, to them who are THE CALLED to his purpose” (Romans 8:28 KJV). AND “…[You]…will receive NOW in return (in this life) a hundred times as many houses, brother, sisters, mothers, children, and property…” (Mark 10:28-31 NLT).
WHY? …‘We’ve given up everything to follow you…” (Mark 10:28-31 NLT). And Jesus said to him, …I assure you that everyone who has given up [whatever it is], for my sake and for the Good News, will receive NOW (in this life) in return a hundred times as many [of whatever you've given up]..” (Mark 10:28-31 NLT).

So “...In the day of prosperity be happy, But in the day of…[suffering]… consider-- God has made the one as well as the other …”(Ecclesiastes 7:14  NASB). “…[Will you]…accept good from God, and not trouble?” (Job 2:10 NIV).
“…Thou are GOOD and doest GOOD…” (Psalm 119:68 KJV). “…GOOD and upright is the Lord…” (Psalm 25:8 KJV). Satan “…intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives” Genesis 50:20 NIV). 

God has already revealed and proven his love for you through Jesus Christ. So the question to you is “Do you know you love God?”

If the answer is yes, then it is time to stop complaining, whining, being bitter, angry at God, judgmental of God, and prove your love to Him. LET GO  LET GOD take care of your suffering experience!!

God's allowance of suffering is  "NOT" to harm you, but to enhance YOUR  SPIRITUAL CHARACTER and MULTIPLY your BLESSINGS! So the LORD blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning…” (Job 42:12 KJV).

If there is a reason to count your suffering all JOY it is because of the promised blessings waiting when it’s over, “…My brethren, count it all joy …” (James 1:2 KJV).“…We can REJOICE, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance…” (Romans 5:3 NLT).  “…When troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great JOY…” (James 1:2 NLT). “…We give great honor to those who endure under suffering. For instance, you know about Job, a man of great endurance. You can see how the Lord was kind to him at the end, for the Lord is full of tenderness and mercy…” (James 5:11 NLT).  “…Be very GLAD—for these trials make you partners with Christ in his suffering, so that you will have the wonderful joy of seeing his glory when it is revealed to all the world…” (1 Peter 4:13 NLT).
…I assure you that everyone who has given up [whatever it is], for my sake and for the Good News, will receive NOW (in this life) in return a hundred times as many [of whatever you've given up]..” (Mark 10:28-31 NLT). 
Seasons of Suffering are NOT experiences of JOY, but they should be, because the END of them is so MUCH GREATER than the temporary TESTS we have to endure. On the one hand, the bible said Jesus was “…a man of sorrows…” (Isaiah 53:3 KJV). On the other hand, it says, “…Because of the JOY awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame…” (Hebrews 12:2 NLT). 
Satan “…intended to harm [Jesus], but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives” Genesis 50:20 NIV). “… [God’s] … righteous servant (Jesus) will make it possible for many to be counted righteous, for he will bear all their sins…” (Isaiah 53:11 NLT). “…The JOY (Jesus) of your salvation…” (Psalms 51:12 NIV).
God knew “…When he (Jesus saw) all that … [was] … accomplished by his anguish, he will be satisfied. And because of his experience … [God’s] … righteous servant (Jesus) will make it possible for many to be counted righteous, for he will bear all their sins…” (Isaiah 53:11 NLT). “…The JOY (Jesus) of your salvation…” (Psalms 51:12 NIV).
In addition, “…The master was full of praise. ‘Well done, my good and faithful servant. You have been faithful in handling this small amount, so now I will give you many more responsibilities. Let’s celebrate together!’” (Matthew 25:21 NLT). “…At that same time Jesus was filled with the joy of the Holy Spirit….” (Luke 10:21-22 NLT).
While on earth, Jesus was faced with deep grieves and sorrows, but his Father’s plan incited his JOY in spite of his trials and tribulations. “…Because of the JOY awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame…” (Hebrews 12:2 NLT).
It demonstrates how believers can also experience inexpressible joy while also dealing with the sorrows and griefs of life.
The KEY is to remember Jesus’ JOY was drawn from within and his SORROWS from without.
Jesus became the RANSOM for many, the ATONING SACRIFICE for SIN, the COVENANT KEEPER, the GIFT of SALVATION, ETERNAL LIFE, the INDWELLING SPIRIT, and the GREAT, EVERLASTING LOVE. “…There is no greater LOVE than to lay down one’s life…” (John 15:13 NLT).
Christ died for [your] SINS according to the scriptures;  And …he was buried, and … rose again the third day according to the scriptures:” (1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV). 
EVERYTHING I have ever suffered through has TRULY turned out for my GOOD. My trials, tests, and tribulations are "ALL" temporary, but the END results bring eternal BLESSINGS and REWARDS in "THIS" life and the life to come.  “…the suffering of this present time ARE NOT worthy to be compared with the glory (presence & goodness of God) which shall be revealed in us…” (Romans 8:18 KJV). For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory” (2 Corinthians 4:17 KJV).
It is comforting to know Jesus suffered for us, he suffers with us, enables us to endure suffering, absorbs the pain of our suffering, and took our suffering on the cross; yet we STILL have to go through it. “…After YOU have suffered a little while…” (1 Peter 5:10 NLT).
…I assure you that everyone who has given up [whatever it is], for my sake and for the Good News, will receive NOW (in this life) in return a hundred times as many [of whatever you've given up]..” (Mark 10:28-31 NLT). 
WHEN GOD ALLOWS SUFFERING, OF ANY KIND, IT IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE FOR YOUR ULTIMATE GOOD!! SUFFERING IS "NOT" A NEGATIVE CONDITION FOR GOD'S PEOPLE, BUT A POSITIVE OPPORTUNITY TO GAIN MORE AND MORE OF GOD'S SPIRITUAL BLESSINGS "AFTER" THE PROCESS. 
THE PROCESS OF GOING THROUGH SUFFERING FIRST, IS TO PREPARE YOU TO "HANDLE" ALL THAT GOD HAS PREPARED FOR YOU.
THE JOY IS IN FRONT YOU. SO CONSIDER WHATEVER YOU ARE GOING THROUGH A "JOYFUL" OPPORTUNITY, BECAUSE OF THE PROMISE AHEAD!! …I assure you that everyone who has given up [whatever it is], for my sake and for the Good News, will receive NOW (in this life) IN RETURN a hundred times as many [of whatever you've given up]..” (Mark 10:28-31 NLT). 

No comments:

Post a Comment