Wednesday, April 3, 2019

GOD'S GLORY WITNESSED: IN JOB'S DOUBLE, DOUBLE!!



HIS GLORY WITNESSED: JOB'S DOUBLE, DOUBLE BLESSING: HE GOT TWO TYPES OF BLESSINGS!!

One day when Job’s sons and daughters were feasting and drinking wine at the oldest brother’s house, a messenger came to Job and said, “The oxen were plowing and the donkeys were grazing nearby, and the Sabeans attacked and made off with them. They put the servants to the sword, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!” While he was still speaking, another messenger came and said, “The fire of God fell from the heavens and burned up the sheep and the servants, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!” While he was still speaking, another messenger came and said, “The Chaldeans formed three raiding parties and swept down on your camels and made off with them. They put the servants to the sword, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!” While he was still speaking, yet another messenger came and said, “Your sons and daughters were feasting and drinking wine at the oldest brother’s house, when suddenly a mighty wind swept in from the desert and struck the four corners of the house. It collapsed on them and they are dead, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!” (Job 1:13-20 NIV).
*
Continual and ongoing spiritual growth and development opens your life up to INFINITE possibilities!! “…The things which are impossible with men are possible with God…” (Luke 18:27 KJV).  “….I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?” (Jeremiah 32:27 KJV). “…NOW UNTO HIM THAT IS ABLE to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us…” (Ephesians 3:20 KJV).

Therefore, through all your TROUBLES, “… [May God] … grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man…” (Ephesians 3:16 KJV).…May the God of peace, … that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing his will” (Hebrews 13:20-21 NIV). …May the God of peace, … that great Shepherd of the sheep …work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ” (Hebrews 13:20-21 NIV). “…For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure…” (Philippians 2:13 KJV

God’s way of life will become YOUR preferred way of life. “...Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers (participants) of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. For if these things be in you, and abound …[you will be fruitful in] the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ…” (2 Peter 1: 4-9 KJV).

No matter how much you THINK you’ve grown in the Lord, it is important to remember God is a God of correction. “...If you are not disciplined – and everyone undergoes discipline – then you are not legitimate, not true sons and daughters at all” (Hebrews 12:8 NIV). “….For whom the Lord loveth he CORRECTETH…” (Proverbs 3:12 KJV).  “…Those who walk in pride he is able to humble” (Daniel 4 NIV). “…that we might be partakers of his holiness….” (Hebrews 12:10 KJV).

As WONDERFUL of a SERVANT as Job was, he still had room to grow spiritually. …Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause” (Job 2:3 KJV). Job said: “...though he slay me, yet will I trust in him…” (Job 13:15 KJV).

Even Jesus spoke about his LIFE lessons in this fallen world and how they helped him humble himself to his purpose. “..Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things he suffered…” (Hebrews 5:8 KJV). . “…The faithful followers of the Lord … keep their promises even when it hurts…” (Psalm 15:4 NLT).  Jesus understood he did “…not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.” (Matthew 20:28 KJV).   “…The ... works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father has sent me...” (John 5:36 KJV).  He became “…a ransom for many...[by humbly surrendering]… himself [to God’s sovereign will]... and bec[oming] obedient unto death, even the death of the cross” (Matthew 20:28 & Philippians 2:8 KJV).  I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will but the will of him that sent me(John 6:38 KJV).

 “ … In the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared; Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;…” (Hebrew 5:7-8-9 KJV). He GAVE his life over to God’s sovereign will.

Therefore, since Christ suffered in his flesh, arm yourselves also with the same attitude, because whoever suffers in the body is done with sin…” (1 Peter 4:1 NIV).

 … He withdrew about a stone's throw beyond them and knelt down and prayed, "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from Me; yet not My will, but Yours be done..." (Luke 22:42-43 NIV).

God HELPS his people in their TROUBLES. “…It is God who WORKS IN YOU” (Philippians 2:13 NIV). “…the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works…” (John 14:10 KJV).

NOBODY likes TROUBLE of any kind, but God, out of his kindness, REWARDS his people for their faithful service. “...No chastening (troubles) for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable FRUIT of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby...” (Hebrews 12:11 KJV).  “… [God allows trouble]…for our profit, that [his people] might be partakers (participants) of his holiness...” (Hebrews 12:10 KJV).

God is not so concerned about what is actually happening TO his people as much as he is about what is happening IN his people. God cares about their heart. “…The LORD LOOKS AT THE HEART” (1 Samuel 16:7 NASB). “….[It is] from WITHIN, out of a person’s heart, come evil thoughts … wickedness, deceit, … pride, and foolishness. All these vile things come from WITHIN; they are what defile you…” (Mark 7:20-23 NLT).

God SEES the “…hidden man of the heart…” (1 Peter 3:4 KJV). “…No one needed… to tell him about human nature, for he knew what was in each person’s heart” (John 2:24-25 NLT). O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know everything I do…” (Psalms 139:1-6 NLT).

Remember when God took Israel through the wilderness (trials) for forty years? He did it to humble them, test them, to see if they would keep his commandments or not, and to “….know what was in [their]…heart…” (Deuteronomy 8:2 KJV).

Some believers have walked with God for many, many years, but continue to live as THEY CHOOSE. “…My people would not listen to me. They kept doing whatever they wanted, following the stubborn desires of their evil hearts. They went backward instead of forward” (Jeremiah 7:24 NLT).  But the people replied, “Don’t waste your breath. We will continue to live as we want to, stubbornly following our own evil desires” (JEREMIAH 18:12 NLT).

 “…If My people which are called by My name shall humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways…” (2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV).  “…Be holy, because I am holy…” (1 Peter 1:16 KJV). “...He must become greater and greater, and I must become less and less” (John 3:30 NLT).

Job, humbly, concluded he had NO control over what happened in his life. He also, humbly, concluded he could NOT CHOOSE what happened either. Job relinquished control, to God, with the right attitude. He said “..though he (God) slay me, yet will I trust in him…” (Job 13:15 KJV). Job said, “Naked I came from my mother’s womb, And naked I shall return there. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away. Blessed be the name of the Lord…” Job 1:20-22 NASB).

The book of Job is a prime example of how God’s people go through horrendous trials and tribulations, but continue to whole heartedly serve God and come through with OVERWHELMING VICTORY. “...despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us...” (Romans 8:37 NLT). “…That is why we never give up ... our present troubles are small and won’t last very long...” (2 Corinthians 4:16-17 NLT).

Job was a faithful servant of God “…perfect and upright and one that feareth God and escheweth evil…” yet he went through horrendous and unimaginable losses (Job 1:1 KJV).

In fact, God allowed or permitted the horrendous losses and “without cause.” “And the Lord said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause” (Job 2:3 KJV).

Job’s losses and pain was unbearable to read about, but he miraculously endured them without blaming God. “...In all of this, Job did not sin by blaming God” (Job 1:22 KJV).

At first glance, it seems what happened to Job was unfair and without purpose. It is not unusual to question God’s love and wisdom during such terrible losses. “...And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish? (Mark 4:38 KJV).

People ask, all the time, “how can God be loving when he allows or permits such horrible things?” “…although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause” (Job 2:3 KJV).

Eventually, even Job had questions as a reaction to his horrible experiences. Why died I not from the womb? why did I not give up the ghost when I came out of the belly?” (Job 3:11 KJV). “I know it is so of a truth: but how should man be just with God?” (Job 9:2 KJV). If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come” (Job 14:14 KJV).

Job’s losses didn’t make sense to him and he couldn’t find adequate or justifiable answers for why it happened. Elihu suggested Job ask God. “…I would seek unto God, and unto God would I commit my cause…” (Job 5:9 KJV). Wise men always sought God (Matthew 1:1-12). “...Seek the LORD and his strength, seek his face continually...” (1 Chronicles 16:11 KJV).

those that seek me early shall find me” (Proverbs 8:17 KJV). “…seek, and ye shall find… (Matthew 7:7-8 KJV). “The LORD [is] goodto the soul [that] seeketh him…” (Lamentations 3:25 KJV).

When going through “...call upon [God]… in the day of trouble: [He] will deliver [you]…” (Psalms 50:15 KJV).  Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near…” (Isaiah 55:6-7 KJV). “Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon” (Isaiah 44:6-7 KJV).

Mankind is finite and looking for answers in finite man is often pointless. “...For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself...”(Galatians 6:3 KJV). Job’s friends answered his situation by accusing him of some secret sin. Job thought it was about himself too. “...[It is] better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man...” (Psalms 118:9 KJV).

Are [Job and his friends]… saying, then, that God was unfair? Of course [he’s]…not! For God said to Moses, “I will show mercy to anyone I choose, and I will show compassion to anyone I choose.” So it is God who decides to show mercy. We can neither choose it nor work for it...” (Romans 9:14-16 NLT).

God has the sovereign right to do what he wants with our lives whether we like it or not.  “…If the Lord will, [I] shall live, and do this, or that...” (James 4:16 KJV).

God’s people belong to him. When the sovereignty of God is realized and his people finally surrender to the fact that God is in control, they will humbly agree, “…it is God who decides to show mercy. We can neither choose it nor work for it...” (Romans 9:14-16 NLT).

Elihu did speak a profound truth to Job. He said: “Wherefore, Job, I pray thee, hear my speeches, and hearken to all my words. Behold, now I have opened my mouth, my tongue hath spoken in my mouth. My words shall be of the uprightness of my heart: and my lips shall utter knowledge clearly. The spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life. If thou canst answer me, set thy words in order before me, stand up. Behold, I am according to thy wish in God's stead: I also am formed out of the clay. Behold, my terror shall not make thee afraid, neither shall my hand be heavy upon thee. Surely thou hast spoken in mine hearing, and I have heard the voice of thy words, saying, I am clean without transgression, I am innocent; neither is there iniquity in me. Behold, he findeth occasions against me, he counteth me for his enemy, He putteth my feet in the stocks, he marketh all my paths. Behold, in this thou art not just: I will answer thee, that God is greater than man. Why dost thou strive against him? for he giveth not account of any of his matters” (Job 33:1-9 KJV).For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself”(Galatians 6:3 KJV).

Christ went through a hard time upon earth. “…Christ … suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps…” (1 Peter 2:21 KJV). God “spared not his own Son, [from going through trouble,] but delivered him up for us all….?” (Romans 8:32 KJV).

We are to follow in his footsteps, which means trials, tribulations, and troubles, in this FALLEN world, will be a part of the human experience. “…Christ … suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps…” (1 Peter 2:21 KJV).

However, the bible says, “…all things… together for GOOD to them that LOVE [HIM], to them who are THE CALLED to his purpose” (Romans 8:28 KJV). Satan “…intended to harm [Job], but God intended it for good...” Genesis 50:20 NIV).

Job’s troubles elicited a deeper level of holy humility and respect for God’s sovereignty. “...Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not” (Job 42:3 KJV). “You asked, ‘Who is this that questions my wisdom with such ignorance?’ It is I—and I was talking about things I knew nothing about, things far too wonderful for me” (Job 42:3 NLT).

Job’s troubles also elicited a greater revelation knowledge of who God really was. I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee” (Job 42:5 KJV).

God also corrected Job through Elihu. “…Then was kindled the wrath of Elihu the son of Barachel the Buzite, of the kindred of Ram: against Job was his wrath kindled, because he justified himself rather than God. Also against his three friends was his wrath kindled, because they had found no answer, and yet had condemned Job...(Job 33:1-10 KJV).

It took these experiences to further humble Job, to empower him with a greater respect for God’s sovereignty, and to give him revelation knowledge of God, the Holy Spirit, he never had before.

Job’s questioning, the finite God, about his experiences, whether intentional or unintentional, was nonetheless a provocation to God’s sovereignty. “..So these three men ceased to answer Job, because he was righteous in his own eyes. Then was kindled the wrath of Elihu the son of Barachel the Buzite, of the kindred of Ram: against Job was his wrath kindled, because he justified himself rather than God. Also against his three friends was his wrath kindled, because they had found no answer, and yet had condemned Job…” (Job 33:1-10 KJV).

Humility is the best response to the omniscient, sovereign will of God and his use of trials, tribulations, and troubles in our lives. “..Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind...” (Job 38: 2 KJV). “...Who is this that questions my wisdom with such ignorant words?...” (Job 38:2 NLT).

We learn, in the story of Job, to trust God’s sovereignty WHEN we don’t understand, BECAUSE we don’t understand, and SINCE our understanding is finite at best. “…I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not” (Job 42:3 KJV).

God challenged Job on his finiteness in comparison to his infiniteness. God said to Job: “...Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding. Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it? Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof; When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy? Or who shut up the sea with doors, when it brake forth, as if it had issued out of the womb? When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddling band for it, And brake up for it my decreed place, and set bars and doors,  And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed?...” (Job 38:4-11 KJV).

It is only human, during times of trouble, to question God. Job’s questions eventually transformed his spiritual life. In the midst of his mind-boggling losses, like David, Job  sought the LORD, and he heard [him], and delivered [him]… from all [his] fears” (Psalm 34:4 KJV). “...I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee” (Job 42:5 KJV).

God, in his sovereignty, answers Job in chapter 38 with his own set of questions and finite truths. “…The Lord answered Job” (Job 38: 2 KJV).

It is God’s response to Job that leads him into a greater and deeper spiritual growth and development. “..Then Job answered the Lord, and said, I know that thou canst do every thing (respect for God’s sovereignty), and that no thought can be withholden from thee…I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee (revelation knowledge). Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust (humility) and ashes” (Job 42:1, 6 KJV).

So Job’s experience was not merely about what happened TO him, but, more importantly, what happened IN him. His experiences transformed him. Then Job replied...“I know that you can do anything, and no one can stop you (respect for God’s sovereignty)...” (Job 42:1,6 NLT).“...now I have seen you with my own eyes (revelation knowledge)....” (Job 42:1,6 NLT). “...I take back everything I said, and I sit in dust and ashes to show my repentance (humility)...(Job 42:1,6 NLT).

grow in the GRACE and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ… Amen” (2 Timothy 3:18 NIV).

It is clear, in the book of Job, that Satan cannot do anything to you, without permission from God. “...only upon himself put not forth thine hand.. (Job 1:12 KJV)....but save his life” (Job 2:9 KJV).

God is sovereign over every created thing, angel, demon, spiritual wickedness, or person and establishes boundaries as he pleases. “..And the Lord said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the Lord” (Job 1:12 KJV).And the Lord said unto Satan, Behold, he is in thine hand; but save his life” (Job 2:9 KJV).

“...The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way” (Psalms 37:23 KJV). “..though he slay me, yet will I trust in him…” (Job 13:15 KJV). Job said, “Naked I came from my mother’s womb, And naked I shall return there. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away. Blessed be the name of the Lord…” Job 1:20-22 NASB).

Job’s experiences bought about a deeper spiritual growth and development in his life. Then Job replied...“I know that you can do anything, and no one can stop you (respect for God’s sovereignty). I..” (Job 42:1,6 NLT).“...now I have seen you with my own eyes (revelation knowledge)....” (Job 42:1,6 NLT). “...I take back everything I said, and I sit in dust and ashes to show my repentance (humility)...(Job 42:1,6 NLT).

It demonstrates WHY God’s people should continue to trust him, depend upon him, and continue to cooperate with his instructions, during troubling experiences whether you agree with it or not. “…[Entrust yourself]… to him who judges justly…” (1 Peter 2:19-23 NIV).

Job was considered “…blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil.” (Job 1:7-12 NIV). Yet, he still needed to grow spiritually.

Job’s story is a classic example of the horrible troubles people go through, upon earth, but it also demonstrates how those experiences can work together for good. God cares about the “…hidden man of the heart…” (1 Peter 3:4 KJV).

The bible says all things work together for good: God’s good. “…All things work together for GOOD (God’s kind of good) to them that LOVE GOD, to them who are THE CALLED to his purpose” (Romans 8:28 KJV).

Job’s experiences was ALWAYS going to  work together for his good.”

Once Job was pruned, through God’s sovereign will, he had received a double, double blessings for all he had loss. 1. HE BECAME TWICE THE SPIRITUAL MAN HE ONCE WAS (DOUBLE): “... Then Job replied...“I know that you can do anything, and no one can stop you (respect for God’s sovereignty). I..” (Job 42:1,6 NLT).“...now I have seen you with my own eyes (revelation knowledge)....” (Job 42:1,6 NLT). “...I take back everything I said, and I sit in dust and ashes to show my repentance (humility)...(Job 42:1,6 NLT).

2. HE RECEIVED TWICE THE MATERIAL BLESSINGS (DOUBLE) “…Also the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before. The LORD blessed the latter days of Job more than his beginning…” (Job 42:10, 12 KJV).

Job’s spiritual growth and development was the true REWARD for all of his terrible experiences. “seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you…” (Matthew 6:33 KJV).

Most people believe that the greatest part of Job’s story was his double, temporary, outward material blessings and not his double, eternal, inward intangible blessings which is priceless!!

God said Job was “blameless and upright”. “..There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil.” “” (Job 1:7-12 NIV). “…Through all [his suffering]… Job did not sin nor did he blame God “ Job 1:20-22 NASB). However, “grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.”(Matthew 23:27-28 KJV).

Job “did” not sin and was a “blameless and upright man.” God is the one who said that about Job. However, “...God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart”(1 Samuel 16:7 NASB).

After his troubles, Job was still “blameless and upright” but had grown MORE spiritual, which was, I believe, a part of his DOUBLE blessing too!! He gained a deeper humility towards God, a greater revelatory knowledge of God, and a more profound respect for God’s sovereignty.

Paul said, “….everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus [our]… Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ” (Philippians 3:8 NLT).

Therefore, spiritually and materially “…the Lord gave Job twice (double) as much as he had before (he had spiritual wealth and material wealth). The LORD blessed the latter days of Job more than his beginning…”(Job 42:10, 12 KJV).

Notice Job repented. “Then Job replied to the Lord: “…I take back everything I said, and I sit in dust and ashes to show my repentance” (Job 42:1-6 NLT). Then he prayed for his friends. “…When Job prayed for his friends, the Lord restored his fortunes…” (Job 42:10 NLT).

Job’s friends had given him “dark counsel” (Job 38:2) and implied that his troubles were a sign of God’s punishment for some personal sin.

Their “dark counsel” made Job defensive about his own righteousness. Job also questioned why “he,” being a righteous man, had to go through these trouble.

Job’s friends were wrong in their assessment of God and so was Job. However, after Job’s conversation with God, he repented. “Then Job replied to the Lord: “I know that you can do anything, and no one can stop you. You asked, ‘Who is this that questions my wisdom with such ignorance?’ It is I—and I was talking about things I knew nothing about, things far too wonderful for me. You said, ‘Listen and I will speak! I have some questions for you, and you must answer them.’ I had only heard about you before, but now I have seen you with my own eyes.  I take back everything I said, and I sit in dust and ashes to show my repentance” (Job 42:1-6 NLT).

Praying for his friends was the zenith of his troubles. He interceded for Eliphaz, Bildad, and Zophar “…and the Lord accepted Job’s prayer…” (Job 42:9 NLT). “….pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much…” (James 5:16 NASB).

“…When Job prayed for his friends, the Lord restored his fortunes…” (Job 42:10 NLT). “…So the Lord blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning: … So Job died, being old, and FULL of days...” (Job 42:12-17 KJV).

All human experience “in” Christ culminates with a promise: “….that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose…” (ROMANS 8:28 KJV. “…the plans [God has]…for you….[are]… plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future” (Jeremiah 29:11 NIV).

In order to look forward to “an OVERWHELMING VICTORY” and bear the affliction of your troubles, CHOOSE to continue to TRUST God through it ALL. “…In this [fallen] world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer, [God has]… OVERCOME the world…” (John 16:33 KJV). “…live by faith, not by sight...” (2 Corinthians 5:7 KJV).

“….all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose…” (ROMANS 8:28 KJV). “…the plans [God has]…for [his people going through troubles are]…. plans to prosper [them].. and not to harm [them]…, plans to give [them]… hope and a future” (Jeremiah 29:11 NIV). 

No comments:

Post a Comment