Monday, May 25, 2020

MANY RESOURCES, BUT ONLY "ONE" SOURCE


                                                             
TRANSFORMING YOUR RESOURCES

“….Don't put your confidence in … people [or things]… there is no help for you there….” (Psalms 146: 3 NLT).
*
I'd thought I was finished writing the series of transforming books, but the Holy Spirit moved me to write another one. God inspired me when I was at a birthday celebration with some church friends. I was sitting at a table with three other ladies. One lady was of a particularly joyful and humorous nature, reminding me of myself. A brother, just coming into party, asked me was she my sister. I jokingly said, “Yes, she’s my sister-in-the-Lord…” I wondered why he asked, because I didn’t think we looked alike physically, but we did favor spiritually, so something asked me: what was the likeness?
Of course my spiritual mind went berserk. I thought about it for the rest of the evening, dreamt about, woke up thinking about it, and now I am writing another dag-burn book. LOL.
I will explain a little about my previous TRANSFORMING books. My book TRANSFORMING LOVE was about the reality of God’s love; my book TRANSFORMING INTIMACY was about the PROOF of God’s love; my book, TRANSFORMING SUFFERING is about the PROOF of your love for God and this book TRANSFORMING YOUR RESOURCES is about PROOF of your relationship with God through Christ.
TRANSFORMING LOVE, the reality of God’s love is this:For God so loved the world, that HE GAVE HIS ONLY begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life” (John 3:16).
TRANSFORMING INTIMACY, the proof of God’s love is this: Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us and SENT HIS SON to be the propitiation (substitute, intervention) for our sins.” (1 John 4:10 KJV).
TRANSFORMING SUFFERING, the proof of your love: “that ye BELIEVE ON HIM whom he hath sent. (John 6:29 KJV).  “keep his commandments.” If you love me, you will keep (have faith in) my commandments” (John 14:15). 
Once I was telling my young teenage son to do something and he looked at me and said, “Mom, I’m not scared of you. I’m only doing it because I love you.” I didn’t realized how profound that was until years later. What other reason did I want him to obey me?
TRANSFORMING YOUR SOURCE, the proof of your relationship with God through Christ is this: “…My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so PROVE to be My disciples…” (John 15:8 NIV).
When you are in a relationship with someone you’re truly in love with, people can see it. They’ll say things like: “What’s gotten into you?” “You look so happy these days.” “Are you seeing someone special?
You, on the other hand, are feeling truly happy, in love, and on top of the world. You’ve stop seeing other people, you talk about “them” excessively, you’re spending all your free time with “them, you’re making plans for the present and future, you’ve met each other’s families, you’ve shopped for the wedding ring, you’ve decided on the honeymoon, and where you will eventually live.
What or who is the source of all this? It’s that special someone who is causing you to experience all this wonderfulness. In the meantime, you are also hearing: “Good things don’t last forever” “You better get your head out of the clouds and come back to earth” “Keep on living…you’ll see” “You are living in a fantasy” “Enjoy while it lasts
The doom and gloom prophecies eventually come true and your source of happiness, over time, reduces drastically, or becomes unreliable, or is consistently wishy-washy.
You discover, some people are truly decent and really mean well, but at the end of the day they are finite human beings. They are not your “source” of wholeness or happiness; only a “resource” and a temporary one at that. That reality can be disappointing. What do you do when the “source” dries up? How can you feel like you did in the beginning of the relationship on a regular basis?
First, do not rely on mankind to be your ongoing source for absolutely nothing!! “….Don't put your confidence in … people; there is no help for you there….” (Psalms 146: 3 NLT). “….Don't put your trust in mere human beings….” (Isaiah 2:22 NLT). “… "Cursed are those who put their trust in mere humans, who rely on human strength….” (JEREMIAH 17:5 NLT).
Second, only God can supply every single need, all the time, consistently, without fail, and he will NEVER change. “…My God will supply ALL [my need]… according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus…” (Philippians 4:19 NASB). what is the riches of the glory…; …CHRIST IN YOU” (Colossians 1:25-28 KJV). “…I am the Lord, I change NOT…” (Malachi 3:6 KJV).
Last, but not least, when God loves you and you “know” it and you love him back; everybody will see it. …the invisible [Spirit]…from the creation of the world …[is]..clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made ……” (Romans 1:20 KJV).  AGAIN, “….CLEARLY SEEN, being understood BY THE THINGS THAT ARE MADE” (Romans 1:20 KJV).
God MADE you BRAND NEW. “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a NEW CREATURE: old things are passed away; behold, ALL THINGS ARE BECOME (MADE) NEW…” (2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV). The fact that he made you brand new ought to be “…clearly seen…” by others.
It is “...clearly seen…” by the fruit you bear. The fruit you bear is the PROOF that you are truly in a relationship with God through Christ. Bearing spiritual fruit is the PROOF you are in an authentic relationship with him through Christ. “…My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so PROVE to be My disciples…” (John 15:8 NIV).
TRANSFORMING YOUR RESOURCES will transform your identity through the indwelling Holy Spirit, which will, in turn, empower  you to produce "spiritual" fruit that can be clearly witnessed. “…the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance…” (Galatians 5:22-23 KJV).
Those whose fruit is produced by the indwelling Holy Spirit will be “…clearly seen…” Those who are “clearly seen,” will, without a doubt, be transformed into New Creations who will be known“…by their fruits…” (Matthew 7:16 KJV).
Dr. Pensacola H. Jefferson
YADA Counseling Ministry
TRANSFORMING YOUR RESOURCES
Colton’s Point, Maryland

No comments:

Post a Comment