Tuesday, September 15, 2020

IT IS SINCERE LOVE THAT MAKES FAITH WORK


LOVE MAKES FAITH WORK

 “…that they might KNOW…..the only true God and Jesus Christ…” (John 17:3)

                     *

 “...God is love…” (1 John 4:4-8 KJV). “…Faith which worketh by love…” (Galatians 5:6 KJV). “...Jesus … said…This is the work of God (who is LOVE): that ye believe on him [have faith in him] whom he hath sent... (John 6:29 KJV).

EMPOWERING FAITH enables God’s people to trust in and depend upon HOLY LOVE, who “IS” God. “...God is love…” (1 John 4:4-8 KJV).

Trusting in and depending upon HOLY LOVE, who is God, allows HIM to personally express and demonstrate his immutable lovingkindness to his redeemed people. “…Faith (trusting in and depending upon God) which worketh by love (God is love)…” (Galatians 5:6 KJV).

When you KNOW someone LOVES you, that LOVE will empower your FAITH in them to WORK. Do you trust in and depend upon the following expressions of God’s HOLY love?

I WILL PUT my laws in your mind so you will understand them. I WILL WRITE them on your heart so you will obey them. Do you have faith in God do to this? “...This is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people...” (Hebrews 8:10).

I WILL WORK in you to motivate and empower you to do the things that please me. Do you have faith in God to do this? “...For it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose...” (Philippians 2:13 NIV).

I WILL REVEAL to you what is the correct attitude to have. Do you have faith in God do to this? “...I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Let us therefore, as many as are perfect (mature), have this attitude; and if in anything you have a different attitude, God will reveal that also to you...” (Philippians 3:15 NASB). “...By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I’ve got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I’m off and running, and I’m not turning back. So let’s keep focused on that goal, those of us who want everything God has for us. If any of you have something else in mind, something less than total commitment, God will clear your blurred vision—you’ll see it yet! Now that we’re on the right track, let’s stay on it...” Philippians 3:15 MSG).

I WILL INSTRUCT and TEACH you the way you should go. Your steps will be ordered by me. Do you have faith in God do to this? “...The steps of a good man (woman) are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his (her) way...” (Psalms 37:23 KJV). “…I will instruct thee  and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will  guide thee with mine eye…” (Psalms 32:8 KJV). “… Teach me the way in which I should walk …” (Psalms 143:8 NASB).

I WILL COUNSEL you with my eyes upon you. Do you have faith in God do to this?he shall direct thy paths...” (Proverbs 3:5-6 KJV). “… I will guide thee with mine eye…” (Psalms 32:8 KJV). “… Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel…” (Psalms 73:74 KJV).

I WILL lead you in ways you have never known.  I WILL personally guide you. Do you have faith in God do to this? “...I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along “unfamiliar” paths I will guide them...” (Isaiah 42:16 NIV).

I WILL TURN the dark situations and circumstances you are facing into light. Do you have faith in God do to this? “..I will turn the darkness into light before them...” (Isaiah 42:16 NIV).

I WILL TURN all the rough places into level ground. Do you have faith in God do to this? “...I will ...make the rough places smooth...” (Isaiah 42:16 NIV).

I WILL DO these things by completely taking care of everything that concerns and I WILL NOT FORSAKE you. Do you have faith in God do to this? “…[God, the Holy Spiri],  “WILL” accomplish (take care of)…that which concerns [his people]…” (John 14:31 NASB). “...These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them...” (Isaiah 42:16 NIV). …God has said “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you…” (Hebrews 13:5 NIV).

I WILL never fail you nor forsake you …The LORD thy God. Do you have faith in God to never leave or fail you? “…will not fail thee, nor forsake thee…” (Deuteronomy 31:6 KJV).  …God has said “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you…” (Hebrews 13:5 NIV). “…Behold, I AM WITH… [YOU] and  I WILL NOT LEAVE [YOU]." (Genesis 28:15 ASV). “…Behold, I am with… [you] and will keep… [you] whithersoever [you]… goest…I will not leave [you]..." (Genesis 28:15 ASV).

I AM WITH you always. Do you have faith in God to always be with you? “…I AM WITH YOU ALWAYS, to the very end…"(Matthew 28:20 NIV). 

I WILL NEVER change. Do you have faith in God to be immutable in his character? “…I am the Lord, I change NOT…” (Malachi 3:6 KJV).  Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever...” (Hebrews 13 :8 NIV).

I LOVE YOU with an everlasting love. Do you have faith in God’s unending love for you? “… [God has]... loved [you]...with an everlasting love….” (Jeremiah 31:3 KJV).

I LOVE YOU with a love that never ceases. Do you have faith that God’s love never ceases for you? “...This I recall to my mind, Therefore I have hope. The Lord’s lovingkindnesses indeed never cease,..” (Lamentations 3:21-24 NASB).

I LOVE YOU with a committed love. Do you have faith in God’s committed love toward you? “...Great is Your faithfulness. “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, “Therefore I have hope in Him...” (Lamentations 3:21-24 NASB).

I WILL SHOW you MERCY that never ends and is renewed every day. Do you have faith in God’s endless mercy? “...His compassions (MERCY) never fail. They are new every morning...” (Lamentations 3:21-24 NASB).

I AM FAITHFUL to you. My very name is FAITHFUL. Do you have faith in God’s faithfulness toward you? “...  Know therefore that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God, who keeps His covenant and His lovingkindness to a thousandth generation with those who love Him and keep His commandments...” (Deuteronomy 7:9 NASB). “...He (Jesus) who sat on it is called Faithful and True...” (Revelation 19:11 NASB).“… Indeed, He loves the people…” (Deuteronomy 33:3 NASB). “… he remains faithful[to his people], for he cannot deny who he is(2 Timothy 2:13 NLT).

I KNOW you better than anyone else. Do you have faith in God’s knowledge of you, your needs, and what’s best for you? “...O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know everything I do. You know what I am going to say even before I say it, Lord ...” (Psalms 139:1-6 NLT).

I WILL DELIVER YOU. Do you have faith in God to deliver out of troublesome situations? “…Nebuchadnezzar spake, and said, Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, who hath sent his angel, and delivered his servants that trusted in him...(Daniel 3:8-30 KJV).

I WILL PROTECT YOU. Do you have faith in God to protect you while going through troublesome situations? “...Then Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, came forth of the midst of the fire. And the princes, governors, and captains, and the king's counsellors, being gathered together, saw these men, upon whose bodies the fire had no power, nor was an hair of their head singed, neither were their coats changed, nor the smell of fire had passed on them...” (Daniel 3:8-30 KJV).

I WILL PROMOTE AND BLESS YOU. Do you have faith in God to work your troublesome experiences together for good? “...there is no other God that can deliver after this sort Then the king PROMOTED Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, in the province of Babylon…” (Daniel 3:8-30).

I, the FAITHFUL one, CALLED you and CHOOSE you. Do you have faith in God that he called and chose you, particularly, to be his child? “...Faithful is He who calls you ...” (Thessalonians 5:24 NASB)."…You did not choose me but I chose you…” (John 15:16 ASV).  “…ye are a chosen generation…” (1 Peter 2:9 KJV). “...For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth...” (Deuteronomy 7:6)....you are a chosen people” (1 Peter 2:9 NIV). …The God of our fathers hath chosen thee” (Acts 22:14 KJV). "… I have chosen you.” (John 15:16 KJV). WHY? "... I (God, the Holy Spirit) chose ...[MY PEOPLE], and appointed ...[them]... that ...[they]... should go and bear fruit...” (John 15:16 ASV). 

I STRENGTHEN you with power. Do you have faith in God to strengthen you when you are weak? “…[You] can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth [you]…” (Philippians 4:13 KJV).  “…Jesus Christ IS IN YOU” (2 Corinthians 13:5 KJV).

I WILL FILL your weakness with my strength. Do you have faith in God to empower you with his strength through the indwelling Holy Spirit? “…My grace is sufficient for you, for MY POWER IS MADE PERFECT IN WEAKNESS… (2 Corinthians 12:9 NIV). “...[By faith]...their weakness was turned to strength...” (Hebrews 11:1-35 NLT). I will supply all your NEED” (John 12:32 KJV). “...I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong..” (2 Corinthians 12:10 KJV).

I WILL MAKE you sufficient for whatever task I’ve given you. Do you have faith in God do to this?  “…NOT that we are sufficient OF OURSELVES to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God…” (2 Corinthians 3:5 KJV).“…[You]… can do all things THROUGH Christ (the WORD) which strengtheneth [you]…” (Philippians 4:13 KJV). …It is God who worketh IN YOU, both to will and to do ….” (Philippians 2:13 KJV).  “…the Father that dwelleth in [YOU], he doeth the works…” (John 14:10 KJV).

I WILL NOT CONDEMN you. Do you have faith in God do to this? “…He (she) that believeth on him is not condemned ” (John 3:18-20 KJV). “…There is …no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus” (Romans 8:1 NIV).

I WILL GIVE you FAITH. Therefore, I have ASSIGNED you a measure (quantity, portion) of gifted faith. Do you have this faith that God’s says, in his word, he’s given you?. “…God hath dealt (given, allotted, gifted, etc.) to EVERY man(woman) the measure of faith...” (Romans 12:3 KJV). “…The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, ALONG WITH FAITH and love that are in Christ Jesus” (1 Timothy 1:13-14 NIV). “...[One of] the fruit of the Spirit is …faith…” (Galatians 5:22-23 KJV) “….IT IS THE “GIFT” OF GOD” (Ephesians 2:8-9 ASV).

I have CHOSEN you to be a rare and unique people for myself (Deuteronomy 14:2). Do you have faith that God, the Holy Spirit CHOSE you specially? “…HE CHOSE [each person]... in Him before the foundation of the world…” (Ephesians 1:4 NLT). "…[They]... did not choose [God, the Holy Spirit]... but [god, the holy spirit]... chose [them], and appointed [them to] “bear” [spiritual]...fruit…” (John 15:16 ASV).  “..thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth...” (Deuteronomy 7:6).

I have CHOSEN you to love and bear my fruit. "…[They]... did not choose [God]... but [god]... chose [them], and appointed [them to] “bear” [spiritual]...fruit…” (John 15:16 ASV).  “…Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that HE LOVED US... (1 John 4:10 KJV). We love, because HE FIRST LOVED US…” (1 John 4:19 ASV). For God SO LOVED the world, that he GAVE…” (John 3:16). God “SPARED NOT his own Son, but delivered him up FOR US ALL” (Romans 8:32 KJV).

EMPOWERED, God-gifted faith, therefore, is an expression of God’s HOLY love for EACH of his people. Through EMPOWERED, God-gifted faith, God’s people, are enabled to trust and depend upon his immutable CAREGIVING. “… the Lord your God, …teaches you what is best for you, [and]…directs you in the way you should go.” (Isaiah 48:17).  “..Thus says the Lord that delivered you, the Holy One of Israel; I am your God, I have shown you how you should find the way in which you should walk…” (Isaiah 48:17). I will instruct you and guide you in the way you should go; I will fix My eyes upon You…” (Psalm 32:8).

“…The just (God’s people, his dependents, etc.) shall LIVE BY “HIS” (gifted) FAITH…” (Habakkuk 2:4 NASB). AND thus, “…may the Lord (God’s WORD) DIRECT [their]… hearts TO the (HOLY) love of God ...” 2 Thessalonians 3:5 NASB).

God loves his people and wants their sincere love back; not their religious practices. “...I’m after love that lasts, not more religion. I want you to know God, not go to more prayer meetings. You broke the covenant—just like Adam! You broke faith with me—ungrateful wretches!...” (Hosea 6:6 NLT). “... For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings...” (Hosea 6:6 KJV).

Just like with Israel, God “…did not set His love upon you nor choose you….” for any of your particular qualities, abilities, outward appearances, or performances, “…but because [He] loved you…..” Deuteronomy 7:7-8).

All honor and respect goes to God’s sovereignty over all things and people. God is, without a doubt, in control, but he is not controlling. God’s people CHOOSE, through human will, to serve God through willful obedience. “…Choose you (through human will) this day whom ye will serve….” (Joshua 24:15 KJV). … His name (Jesus) is called The Word of God…” (Revelation 19:12-13 NASB). “... Jesus saith…I am  (the WORD is) ...the life…” (John 14:6 KJV). “... choose LIFE” (Deuteronomy 30:19 KJV).  

FOLLOWING GOD IS COSTLY! “...One day when large groups of people were walking along with him, Jesus turned and told them, “Anyone who comes to me but refuses to let go of father, mother, spouse, children, brothers, sisters—yes, even one’s own self!—can’t be my disciple....” (Luke 14:25-35 MSG). Job said: “...though he slay me, yet will I trust in him…” (Job 13:15 KJV).

FOLLOWING GOD IS A CHOICE. “...Anyone who won’t [choose to] ... shoulder his (her) own cross and follow behind me can’t be my disciple...” (Luke 14:25-35 MSG).  “… I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore [YOU]…choose life” (Deuteronomy 30:19 KJV).  “…Choose LIFE” (Deuteronomy 30:19 KJV). “…Jesus said… I am the LIFE…..” (John 11:25 KJV). “…Choose you this day whom ye will serve….” (Joshua 24:15 KJV).

FOLLOWING GOD IS A COMMITMENT. “...Is there anyone here who, planning to build a new house, doesn’t first sit down and figure the cost so you’ll know if you can complete it? If you only get the foundation laid and then run out of money, you’re going to look pretty foolish. Everyone passing by will poke fun at you: ‘He started something he couldn’t finish.’  “Or can you imagine a king going into battle against another king without first deciding whether it is possible with his ten thousand troops to face the twenty thousand troops of the other? And if he decides he can’t, won’t he send an emissary and work out a truce? ...” (Luke 14:25-35 MSG). “…The faithful followers of the Lord … keep their promises even when it hurts…” (Psalm 15:4 NLT).

FOLLOWING GOD IS A SACRIFICE OF SELF. …‘[I’ve]… given up everything to follow you…” (Mark 10:28-31 NLT). “...Simply put, if you’re not willing to take what is dearest to you, whether plans or people (or self), and kiss it good-bye, you can’t be my disciple...” (Luke 14:25-35 MSG).

JESUS SAID: “I lay down my life... No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. ” (John 10:17-18 KJV). Jesus offered his earthen vessel as a “…living sacrifice…” which is “…[also God’s people’s] … reasonable service…” (Romans 12:1 KJV).

Reasonable service” is one that is equitable, just, and fair or the “least” you can do; considering what God has done for YOU. “…The LORD has done great things for us …” (Psalms 126:3 NIV). LOVE serves willingly and voluntarily. “...He must become greater and greater, and I must become less and less...” (John 3:30 NLT).

“...He ... is called Faithful ...” (Revelation 19:11 NASB). “…I am the Lord, I change NOT…” (Malachi 3:6 KJV).   “… I AM WHO I AM” (Exodus 3:14-15 NASB). “… he remains faithful [IN HOLY LOVE for his people], for he cannot deny who he is(2 Timothy 2:13 NLT).

This kind of HOLY love is often taken for granted and abused. It is easy to become too familiar in the wrong way, unappreciative, and mistake God’s holy love as something COMMON. In the biblical past God’s people abandoned and forsook him.“… [YOU]… FORGOT all about ME,” says the Lord…” (Hosea 2:13 NLT). “…They ABANDONED the Lordthey turned their backs on him….” (2 Chronicles 29:6 NLT).

“…We will continue to live as WE WANT TO, stubbornly following our own evil desires…” (JEREMIAH 18:12 NLT).

 “…My people would not listen to me. They KEPT DOING WHATEVER THEY WANTED, following the stubborn desires of their [OWN] evil hearts” (Jeremiah 7:24 NLT).

“…For years on end my people have FORGOTten ME” (Jeremiah 2:32 NLT).  “…They ABANDONED the Lord to serve Baal (other objects of faith)…” (Judges 2:13 NLT). “…they have continually ABANDONED ME and followed other gods (other objects of faith)…” (1 Samuel 8:8 NLT). “…For my people have ABANDONED ME …” (2 Kings 22:17 NLT).

God is love and has made a loving commitment with his people, but maybe his people have not made one with God. “...people will no longer listen to sound and wholesome teaching....” (2 Timothy 4:3-4 NLT).“... They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear...” (2 Timothy 4:3-4 NLT). “...They will reject the truth and chase after myths...” (2 Timothy 4:3-4 NLT).

.“...dear brothers and sisters. Make sure that your own hearts are not evil and unbelieving, turning you away from the living God. You must warn each other every day, while it is still “today,” so that none of you will be deceived by sin and hardened against God...” (Hebrews 3:12-13 NLT).

“...God’s promise of entering his rest still stands, so we ought to tremble with fear that some of you might fail to experience it...” (Hebrews 4:1 NLT).

“…My people would not listen to me. They KEPT DOING WHATEVER THEY WANTED, following the stubborn desires of their [OWN] evil hearts” (Jeremiah 7:24 NLT).

 “…It’s [THEIR continual practice of] SINS that have cut [them] off from God. …” (Isaiah 59:2 NLT). “......piercing ... asunder ...soul and spirit(the covenant unity)....” (Hebrews 4:12 NASB).“…[they]... have been cut off from Christ! …” (Galatians 5:4 NLT).

Just like in a human relationship; you must interactive with love, faithfulness, and respect toward one another by working together to keep the commitment you made to each other. “… [YOU]… FORGOT all about ME,” says the Lord…” (Hosea 2:13 NLT). “…They ABANDONED the Lordthey turned their backs on him….” (2 Chronicles 29:6 NLT). “…They kept doing whatever they wanted” (Jeremiah 7:24 NLT).

“…God is love…” (1 John 4:4-8 KJV). “… I AM WHO I AM” (Exodus 3:14-15 NASB).  “…I change NOT” (Malachi 3:6 KJV). “…If we are unfaithful, he remains faithful, for he cannot deny who he is…” (2 Timothy 2:13 NLT). It is God’s LOVE and FAITHFULNESS that has REMAINED unchanged.

GOD’S UNCONDITIONAL FAITHFULNESS CAUSES HIM TO FORGIVE AND FORGIVE, HIS PEOPLE, OVER AND OVER AGAIN. “…once again we have ABANDONED your commands!” (Ezra 9:10 NLT).

“…And many nations shall pass by this city, and they shall say every man to his neighbour, Wherefore hath the Lord done thus unto this great city? Then they shall answer, Because they have forsaken the covenant of the Lord their God, and worshipped other gods, and served them…” (Jeremiah 22:8-9 KJV).

“… [Yet] … in your great mercy, you did not destroy them completely or abandon them forever. What a gracious and merciful God you are!” (Nehemiah 9:31 NLT).

“…The Lord says, “Then I will heal you of your faithlessness (apostasy); my (MERCIFUL) love will know no bounds, for my anger will be gone forever….” (HOSEA 14:4 NLT).

“... herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation (substitute, intervention) for our sins.” (1 John 4:10 KJV). “…There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life…” (John 15:13 NLT).

“God’s …love is patient, [God’s]…love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs... [God’s]…love never fails” (1 Corinthians 13: 4-8 NIV).

“…It is of the Lord's MERCIES that we are not CONSUMED, because his compassions FAIL NOT. They are NEW EVERY MORNING: great is thy faithfulness (Lamentations 3:22-23 KJV).

When God’s people TURN AWAY, by choice, eventually their part in the relationship stops and dies out. .“…Choose you this day whom ye will serve….” (Joshua 24:15 KJV). “…My people would not listen to me. They kept doing whatever they wanted” (Jeremiah 7:24 NLT). “... If we (god’s people) sin willfully AFTER... [they]... have received the knowledge of THE TRUTH, there remaineth NO more sacrifice for sins...” (Hebrews 10:26 KJV).  

The “covenant unity” relationship CAN be broken, by his people, if they do not choose to willingly trust in, depend upon, or abide with God through Christ. “…[MY PEOPLE] ... broke [THEIR] ... covenant ..[WITH ME], though I (GOD, THE HOLY SPIRIT) loved them as a husband loves his wife,” says the Lord…” (Jeremiah 31:32 NASB). “…They kept doing whatever they wanted” (Jeremiah 7:24 NLT).

“… For it is impossible to bring back to repentance those ...who... turn away from God…” (Hebrews 6:4-8 NLT).

The “covenant unity” relationship with God is the BEST place for God’s people to develop their own, sincere love for Him, “…We love [God], BECAUSE, he first loved us…” (1 John 4:19 KJV).

Learning, through the “covenant unity” relationship HOW God loves YOU develops YOUR love for HIM and others. “…A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.  …” (John 13:34-35 KJV). “...By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another…” (John 13:34-35 KJV).  “…[AND They are to] ...love the Lord [their] ...God with all [their] ...heart and with all [their]... soul and with all your strength and with all your mind…” (Luke 10:27 KJV).

You cannot truly love God until you learn, study, and know “HOW” he loves you. For instance, God “spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all….?” (Romans 8:32 KJV). “…God so loved the world that HE GAVE his only begotten Son” (John 3:16 KJV). “...[Jesus]... said, It is finished” (John 19:28-30 KJV). I...[have willingly]... lay down my life... [FOR YOU] ” (John 10:17-18 KJV).  Jesus did “…not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many...” (Matthew 20:28 KJV). My righteous servant (Jesus, God’s PLAN of SALVATION) ... [made]... it possible for many to be counted righteous, for he [bore] ... all their sins…” (Isaiah 53:11 NLT).   “... Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us and SENT His SON to be the propitiation (substitute, intervention) for our sins.” (1 John 4:10 KJV). “…There is no greater love …” (John 15:13 NLT).

“….neither death, nor life, nor angels nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate [you]… from the love of God which is “in” Christ Jesus our Lord…” (Romans 8:38-39 KJV). “... [God’s]…love never fails…” (1 Corinthians 13: 4-8 NIV).  

When we TRULY understand how God loves us, we will love others in the SAME way. “...By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another…” (John 13:34-35 KJV).  “…A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.  …” (John 13:34-35 KJV).

“...our hearts....knit together in love...” (Colossians 2:2 KJV). “...with all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing (like a servant towards) one another in love...” (Ephesians 4:2 KJV).

“…[God has] loved [you]...with an EVERLASTING love….” (Jeremiah 31:3 KJV “...be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children...” (Ephesians 5:1 KJV). “...fulfill ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind...” (Philippians 2:2 KJV).

“...but the fruit of the [indwelling] Spirit [produces]... love...” (Galatians 5:22 KJV). “...by love serve one another. For ALL the [holy] law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shall love they neighbour as thyself...” (Galatians 5:13-14 KJV).

“...Owe no man(woman) any thing, but to love one another: for he(she) that loveth another hath fulfilled the law...(EXAMPLE)...Thou shall not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love they neighbour as thyself...Love worketh no ill to his (her) neighbour: therefore, love is the fulfilling of the law...” Romans 13:8-10 KJV). “...[Add]...to godliness brotherly kindness, and [add] to brotherly kindness charity (love)...” (2 Peter 1:7 KJV).

“...Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another. No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected (matured) in us. Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit. And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world. Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. Herein is our love made perfect (matured), that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love We love him, because he first loved us. If a man (woman) say, I love God, and hateth his brother (sister), he(she) is a liar: for he(she) that loveth not his(her) brother(sister) whom he(she) hath seen, how can he(she) love God whom he(she) hath not seen? And this commandment have we from him, That he(she) who loveth God love his(her) brother(sister) also...” (1 John 4:7-21 KJV).

“…A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.  …” (John 13:34-35 KJV). “...By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another…” (John 13:34-35 KJV). “...Charity (LOVE) edifies (builds up)...” (1 Corinthians 8:1 KJV).

God’s HOLY love is one of continual sacrifice for his people. It is THIS kind of love that GOVERNS God’s DIVINE character in the “covenant unity” relationship with HIS people. A “Love …[that] … never FAILS….” (1 Corinthians 13: 4-8 NIV). “...God is LOVE…” (1 John 4:4-8 KJV). “… I AM WHO I AM” (Exodus 3:14-15 NASB).   

“…Faith which worketh by love…” (Galatians 5:6 KJV). IT IS LOVE THAT MAKES FAITH WORK. IT IS EASIER TO BELIEVE IN SOMEONE WHO LOVES YOU WITH A HOLY , IMMUTABLE LOVE LIKE GOD DOES.

No comments:

Post a Comment