Wednesday, April 6, 2016

TRANSFORMING LOVE ( GREEN EYES)


I will eat you up on the inside and cause a part of your innermost heart to rot away. I will make your eyes green and fill you with resentment. I will promote rivalry and amimosity  in your heart towards others. If I linger long enough with you, I will make you feel hate for him or her and desire to treat them like Joseph's brother treated him (Genesis 37:12-35). I will cause disorder and every evil practice to come forth from your life. Who am I? ENVY.   

Envy is the sin of jealousy over the blessings or character, or achievements of others. "...who can stand before jealousy?" (Proverbs 27:14).

 Sometimes what you envy is not at all what you thought or imagined anyway and the time and emotion you’ve invested in envy will have all been for nothing. Having experienced this emotion myself, the person I was envying - in fact - was envying me. 

From this I learned, don't envy, its a waste of time and it is best to sincerely be happy for what other people possess instead. All envy does is cause untold suffering, or lead to personal pain, or becomeS a destructive waste of time. 

On the other hand, admiration for others opens the door where “a man sharpens the countenance of his friend....” - making it easier to truly be happy over other people's blessings, success, spiritual joy, and achievements (Proverbs 27:17). 

If they can be blessed with spiritual blessings, so can YOU.  "Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other" (Galatians 5:36).  YOU too, can do all things through Christ (Philippians 4:13).
Dr. Pensacola Helene Jefferson

No comments:

Post a Comment