Thursday, August 10, 2017

HOPES AND DREAMS SO "OLD" THEY STINK!!!



                                                      
NEW BOOK COMING SOON!!!
CHAPTER 6: HOPE: HE STINKETH

“…Martha, the sister of him that was dead, saith unto him, Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead for four days. …” (John 11:39 KJV).
*
The body of Lazarus, according to tradition, had been embalmed with spices and perfumes, wrapped in linen grave clothes, and had, most likely, started to decompose. “…by this time he stinketh…” (John 11:39 KJV).
According to an old proverb, it was believed that the soul hovered over the body for 2 or 3 days, before it took flight. So by the fourth day, there was no doubt Lazarus was considered truly DEAD.
“…Martha, the sister …  saith … Lord, by this time he stinketh: …” (John 11:39 KJV). Martha advises Jesus that her brother probably “stinks” by now.
Based on her level of faith, she sees opening the tomb as unnecessary and possibly a disregard for, the feelings, of the MOURNERS. “… for he hath been dead for four days. …” (John 11:39 KJV).
Martha had resolved and relinquished all HOPE regarding Lazarus’ physical LIFE. Her brother was DEAD. Dead is DEAD and by now “…he stinketh…” (John 11:39). “… by this time he stinketh…” (John 11:39 KJV).
When something or someone DIES; your HOPE, regarding that something or someone, DIES too! “…Lazarus is DEAD…” (John 11:14 KJV). “…he stinketh: for he hath been dead for four days. …” (John 11:39 KJV). Lazarus was in “….the place WHERE the DEAD was laid…” (John 11:41 KJV).
When something or someone is DEAD people BURY it or them somewhere! When you BURY something or someone you deposit it or them into a GRAVE. Once it or they are deposited into a GRAVE decomposition happens. Decomposition causes things and bodies to putrefy and smell or stink. “… by this time he stinketh…” (John 11:39 KJV).
Martha was attempting to prevent Jesus from exposing her brother in his decomposed condition. Plus it was forbidden to open a tomb once it was closed. In addition, there were concerns about touching that which was considered unclean.
Martha, most likely, didn’t want people SEEING Lazarus, her beloved brother, in a state of corruption; would you? “…he hath been dead for four days …” (John 11:39 KJV).
Many people don’t like seeing a loved one’s casket go into the ground. I know I don’t. And I certainly wouldn’t want to exhume the body after many days and open the casket again for ALL to see. “…TAKE ye away the STONE….they TOOK away the STONE from the PLACE “WHERE” the DEAD was laid…” (John 11:39-41 KJV).
Martha has no clue that Jesus is about to perform a MIRACLE. She is still operating partially in the natural, at her current level of faith, with her limited knowledge of God’s truth, and from her narrow perspective of God’s POWER. “…TAKE ye away the STONE …” (John 11:39-41 KJV).
A stone was often used to MARK a memorial event. A memorial event; such as the death of a loved one, the death of dreams, the death of desires, or the death of HOPE is unforgettable. However, once something or someone is DEAD we are not interested in exhuming it or them. “...They TOOK away the STONE from the PLACE “WHERE” the DEAD was laid…” (John 11:39-41 KJV).
Jesus wanted the STONE removed. “…TAKE ye away the STONE …” (John 11:39-41 KJV). The death of HOPE was NOT meant to be a memorial event. “...They TOOK away the STONE from the PLACE …” (John 11:39-41 KJV).
However, the thought of exhuming dead HOPE, DREAMS, DESIRES, or WANTS may be difficult. After a while, you may not even FULLY remember what some of them were. “… by this time he stinketh…” (John 11:39 KJV).
Martha didn’t SEE the BIGGER picture. When Jesus tells YOU to roll away the STONES you’ve placed over your DEAD hopes and dreams; there is also a BIGGER picture he is trying to REVEAL to you! “…Jesus said to her, "Did I not say to you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?" (John 11:40 KJV).
Like Lazarus, DEAD hopes and dreams have been buried so long, they have decomposed in the heart and they stink! You became sick of your hopes and dreams a LONG time ago.  “…he stinketh: for he hath been dead for four days. …” (John 11:39 KJV). “…when Jesus came, he found that he had lain in The grave four days already…” (John 11;17 KJV).
Once something or someone is DEAD; those in mourning make an attempt to move on and began a new era of living without it or them. ""Behold, the former things have come to pass, Now I declare new things; Before they spring forth I proclaim them to you." (Isaiah 42:9 NASB). "…Behold, I will do something new…” (Isaiah 43:19-20 NASB).  
DEATH changes or transforms, the familiar, especially for those still living, because usually there is NO HOPE for restoral or revival of that which has DIED. “…I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along “unfamiliar” paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them…” (Isaiah 42:16 NIV).
Jesus told the by-standers to roll away the stone. “…TAKE ye away the STONE …” (John 11:39-41 KJV).
What CAN be done in human strength God leaves to YOU. “...They TOOK away the STONE from the PLACE “WHERE” the DEAD was laid…” (John 11:39-41 KJV).
What CAN ONLY be done in supernatural strength or POWER is entrusted to Jesus, the WORD. “…Lazarus, come forth…he that was dead came forth…” (John 11:42-43 KJV).
Remember, Martha had a level of faith, because she believed that she would see Lazarus again in the resurrection. She had, however, no HOPE beyond seeing him on the last day. JESUS SAID: “…thy brother shall rise again…Believest thou this? …” (John 11:23-27 KJV). MARTHA SAID: “…I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day…” (John 11:23-27 KJV).
Martha was HOPEFUL she would SEE Lazarus again “IN” the resurrection, but she had no HOPE for him beyond that. “…I know that he shall rise again …” (John 11:23-27 KJV).
During DARK experiences of DEEP sadness, grief, disappointment, regret, or sorrow HOPE can weaken, fluctuate, or totally DIE. The centurion said: “…I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!...” (Mark 9:24 NIV).
Jesus sympathizes with your weaknesses. “…We do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses…” (Hebrews 4:15 NASB). “…When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews who came with her also weeping, He was deeply moved in spirit and was troubledJesus wept. So the Jews were saying, “See how He loved him!”    Jesus, again being deeply moved within, came to the tomb. Now it was a cave, and a stone was lying against it. Jesus said, “Remove the stone...” (John 11:33-39 NASB).
God is both a sympathetic and comforting Father. “…Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted...” (Matthew 5:4 KJV). Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation…”(2 Corinthians 1:3-4 KJV).
However, God is not an enabler. He will sympathize, comfort, and STRENGTHEN you. “…Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God…” (2 Corinthians 3:5 KJV). [His]… power is made perfect in weakness” (2 Corinthians 12:9 NIV). “…[God will] … grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man…”(Ephesians 3:16 KJV).…May …God  work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ” (Hebrews 13:20-21 NIV). …it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure…” (Philippians 2:13 KJV).
When the SOUL is beaten down to the point flesh dies, control dissipates, and pride is gone – usually after days or years, of trials and tribulation – the heart is often vulnerable and made ready for new, authentic TRUTHS to enter. “…Hath not the potter power over the clay...?” (Romans 9:20-21 KJV).
“…Everything he does is right and all his ways are just. And those who walk in pride he is able to humble” (Daniel 4 NIV). I am the Lord; that is my name!  …I will not give my glory to anyone else (not YOU or ME either)…” (Isaiah 42:8 KJV).
Finally the heart has reached a place where the WORD can be heard, God’s POWER witnessed, and his GLORY displayed. …‘dry bones, hear the word of the lord! …. as I was prophesying, there was a noise, a rattling sound, and the bones came together, bone to bone. I looked, and tendons and flesh appeared on them and skin covered them, but there was no breath in them. Then …breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet—a vast army …‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: My people, I am going to open your graves… Then you ...will know that I am the Lord, when I open your graves you[r HOPE]… will live …Then you will know that I the Lord have spoken, and I have done it, declares the Lord...’” (Ezekiel 37 NIV).
“…"Did I not say to you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?" (John 11:40 KJV).
BEFORE the MIRACLE of Lazarus’ resurrection to LIFE, Jesus PRAYS. “…Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me. And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me…” (John 11:41-42 KJV).
“…Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me … I knew that thou hearest me always” (John 11:41-42 KJV). In this content, who is “ME?” ME is Jesus. Jesus is the WORD. “…Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me (the WORD) ” (John 11:41-42 KJV).
God says, I “…am watching over my word to perform it…” (Jeremiah 1:12 NASB). “…So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it” (Isaiah 55:11 KJV). “…As many as are the promises of God, in Him they are yesalsoAmen” (2 Corinthians 1:20 NASB).  “…Not one of the good promises which the Lord had made … failed; all came to pass…” (Joshua 21:45 NASB).  “He has granted to [you]… His precious and magnificent promises…” (2 Peter 1:4 NASB).
And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us” (1 John 5:14 KJV). “…You can ask for anything in my name (JESUS), and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father.  Yes, ask me for anything in my name (Jesus), and I will do it...” (John 14:12-14 NLT).
God is your Father. You are to approach his throne of grace with BOLDNESS!! “..Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of GRACE, that we may obtain mercy, and find GRACE to help in time of need…” (Hebrews 4:16 KJV). “…ask me for anything in my name (Jesus), and I will do it...” (John 14:12-14 NLT).
“…SPEAK THE WORD ONLY …” (Matthew 8:5-9 KJV). “…THE WORDS THAT I SPEAK unto you, they ARE SPIRIT, and they ARE LIFE…” (John 6:63 KJV). “…the things which are impossible with men ARE POSSIBLE WITH GOD…” (Luke 18:27 KJV).  “….I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: IS THERE ANY THING TOO HARD FOR ME?” (Jeremiah 32:27 KJV). “… [GOD]… IS ABLE to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or THINK…” (Ephesians 3:20 KJV).
“…Martha, the sister of him that was dead, saith unto him, Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead for four days. …” (John 11:39 KJV).
 “…"Did I not say to you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?" (John 11:40 KJV).
“…Then you will know that I the Lord have spoken, and I have done it, declares the Lord...’” (Ezekiel 37 NIV).
“…he that was dead came forth…” (John 11:42-43 KJV).

No comments:

Post a Comment