Thursday, August 17, 2017

JOY: HOW IS JOY YOUR STRENGTH?



NEW BOOK COMING SOON!!!
FOOD FOR THOUGHT

                                                                                         JOYFUL STRENGTH?

“….The JOY of the Lord is your strength…” (Nehemiah 8:10 KJV).
*
 God-given JOY comes from GOD through his indwelling Holy Spirit. “…These THINGS have I SPOKEN unto you that my JOY might REMAIN in you, and that your JOY might be full…” (John 15:11 NIV).
What are “THESE THINGS” that Jesus SPOKE? “…I am the vine, you are the branches; he who ABIDES in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for APART FROM Me you can do nothing …If you ABIDE in Me, and My words ABIDE in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so PROVE to be My disciples. Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; ABIDE in My love. If you keep My commandments, you will ABIDE in My love; just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and ABIDE in His love. These things I have spoken to you so that My JOY may be in you, and that your JOY may be made full…” (John 15:1-11 NASB).
The KEY word is ABIDE. Abide means to dwell, settle, live, remain, reside, stayed lodged in, or stay connected with. “…He who ABIDES in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, …If you ABIDE in Me, and My words ABIDE in you, ask whatever you wishABIDE in My love. If you keep My commandments, you will ABIDE in My loveI have kept My Father’s commandments and ABIDE in His love. These things I have spoken to you so that My JOY may be in you, and that your JOY may be made full…” (John 15:1-11 NASB).
 “…Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep (adhere to, abide, stay connected to, etc.) my words: and my Father will love him…” (John 14:23 KJV). “….ABIDE in My love. If you keep My commandments, you will ABIDE in My love…” (John 15:1-11 KJV). “…and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him (Her)…” (John 14:23 KJV).
“…These THINGS have I SPOKEN unto you that my JOY might REMAIN in you, and that your JOY might be full…” (John 15:11 NIV).
“…MY JOY…” was Jesus’ connection to God’s LOVE through the HOLY SPIRIT (John 15:11 KJV). “…For the Father loveth the Son…” (John 5:19-23 KJV). Jesus said, "I and my Father are ONE (Spirit)…" (John 10:30 KJV).
Jesus had EVERYTHING he would EVER need through his connection with God. “…The earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof…” (Psalm 24:1 KJV). “…All …THINE ARE MINE…” (John 17:10 KJV). “… Everything I have IS A GIFT “FROM” YOU” (John 17:6-9 NLT).
Jesus has PASSED this JOY on to his believers. JESUS SAID, "I and my Father are…ONE…" (John 10:30 KJV). “…That they all may BE ONE; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be ONE IN US: …” (John 17:21 KJV). AND “…that my JOY might REMAIN in [them] … and that [their]… JOY might be full…” (John 15:11 NIV).
God-given JOY basically means to rejoice, or be glad, or cheerful, or delighted.
God-given JOY will NEVER depend on a MOOD, or PEOPLE, or CIRCUMSTANCE.
God-given JOY is constant and indwelling because it stems from the fruit of the Holy Spirit.
God-given JOY remains strong and faithful whether in the mist of trials and tribulations or when all is well.
God-given JOY is a holy instruction. “…REJOICE in the Lord…” (Philippians 3:1 NIV). “…REJOICE in the Lord always…” (Philippians 4:4 NIV).  “…REJOICE always…” (1 Thessalonians 5:16 NIV). “…Always be JOYFUL…” (1 Thessalonians 5:16 NLT).
God-given JOY is BONDED to the believer through God’s LOVE. “…love, which is the perfect BOND of unity...” (Colossians 3:14 NASB). “….[Nothing]…shall be able to separate [you]… from the love of God which is “in” Christ Jesus our Lord…” (Romans 8:38-39 KJV).  “….the…faithful love of the Lord, never ends...!”(Lamentations 3:22-23 NLT).
God-given JOY is FUSED to the believer through the indwelling spirit. “…He that is joined (fused) unto the Lord is ONE SPIRIT” (1 Corinthians 6:17 KJV). “…God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son “INTO” OUR HEARTS…” (Galatians 4:6 NASB). “…Christ [is]…in you …” (Colossians 1:27 KJV). “…The Spirit of God dwell[s]… in you…” (Romans 8:9 KJV). “…The Holy SPIRIT gives birth to… SPIRITUAL LIFE (which includes JOY)…” (John 3:6 NLT).  “…The fruit of the SPIRIT is love, JOY…” (Galatians 5:22-23 KJV). “…The Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, JOY, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control….” (Galatians 5 NLT). “… [God’s] …Holy Spirit …is the SOURCE [of JOY]…” (1 Corinthians 12: 4-11 NLT).
Since the Holy Spirit is the faithful, immutable source of JOY, you will ALWAYS have enough for yourself and to share with others. “… Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever” (Hebrews 13:8 NIV). Therefore, “…my JOY …. REMAIN in you your JOY be full…” (John 15:11 NIV).  “…God will generously PROVIDE all … [the JOY] … you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to “SHARE” WITH OTHERS…” (2 Corinthians 9:8 NLT  “…I am the Lord, I change NOT…” (Malachi 3:6 KJV).
God-given JOY also STRENGTHENS you. “….The JOY of the Lord is your strength…” (Nehemiah 8:10 KJV).
God-given strength is supernatural POWER. “….Look, GOD IS ALL-POWERFULglorify HIS MIGHTY WORKS …” (Job 36:22-33 NLT). “… There is NONE like unto thee, O LORD; thou art GREAT, and thy name is great in might.” (Jeremiah 10:6 KJV).
God-given strength is supernatural vigor, authority, efficacy, marvelous works, might, physical force, capacity, state of being strong, ability, or indwelling spirit. “POWER belongeth unto God...” (Psalms 62:11 NIV).
“…There is NO POWER but of God: THE POWERS that be are ordained of God…” (Romans 13:1 KJV). “….[God]…changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings…” (Daniel 2:21 KJV).
“…In order that the living may know That the Most High is ruler over the realm of mankind, And bestows it on whom He wishes …” (Daniel 4:17 NASB). “…Jesus answered, "You would have no power over me if it were not given to you from above…” (John 19:22 NIV).
 “…The earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein…” (Psalm 24:1 KJV). “…for the world is mine, and the fulness thereof…” (Psalm 50:12 KJV). “…all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine” (1 Chronicles 29:11 KJV). Therefore, ALL “…POWER belongeth unto God...” (Psalms 62:11 NIV).
If “JOY” comes from the connection with God, then “STRENGTH” comes from JOY. “….The JOY of the Lord is your strength…” (Nehemiah 8:10 KJV).
Strength comes from the JOY of your connection with the POWERFUL God. You are STRONG because: “…He gives POWER to the weak and strength to the POWERless.…” (Isaiah 40:28-31 NLT). “….GODGIVETH strength and POWER UNTO HIS PEOPLE” (Psalms 68:35 KJV).  “… [His people are]…strengthened with MIGHT by his Spirit in the inner man…” (Ephesians 3:16 KJV).  …God… works IN [them]… to will and to act” (Philippians 2:13 NIV). …God,EQUIP[s] … [“his people”] with everything good for doing his will, and … work]s] … IN [them]…  what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ,” (Hebrews 13:20-21 NIV). “… [He]… IS “ABLE” to do exceeding abundantly above all that [they]… ask or think, according to the POWER that worketh IN [them]…” (Ephesians 3:20 KJV). “…HE WHICH HATH “BEGUN” A GOOD “WORK” IN [them] “WILL” “PERFORM” IT “UNTIL” the day of Jesus Christ…” (Philippians 1:6 KJV). “….Apart from Me (Jesus) ..[they could]… do nothing…” (John 15:5 NIV). However,“…[They]…can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth …[them]…” (Philippians 4:13 KJV).
“…Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who HATH blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ…” (Romans 1:3 KJV).
 “…What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who …[or what]…can be against us?” (Romans 8:31 NIV). “….The JOY of the Lord is your strength…” (Nehemiah 8:10 KJV).
You are eternally connected to God’s LOVE, his HOLY SPIRIT, and EVERY spiritual provision!! “…REJOICE in the Lord…” (Philippians 3:1 NIV). “…REJOICE in the Lord always…” (Philippians 4:4 NIV).  “…REJOICE always…” (1 Thessalonians 5:16 NIV). “…Always be JOYFUL…” (1 Thessalonians 5:16 NLT).
“….The JOY of the Lord is your strength…” (Nehemiah 8:10 KJV).

             IS "JOY" TRULY YOUR STRENGTH? 

GOD SPEED
DR. PENSACOLA H. JEFFERSON

No comments:

Post a Comment