Tuesday, October 24, 2017

GLORY: HE IS "MY" SHEPHERD. IS HE YOURS?



            
NEW BOOK COMING SOON!
JEHOVAH ROHI (THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD)

….The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.  He restoreth my soul….” (PSALM 23:1-3 NLT).
 *

The word “MY” is used by the person who is speaking and is a possessive pronoun used when referring to something that BELONGS to them. ….The Lord is “my” shepherd ….” (PSALM 23:1-3 NLT). “…The LORD is MY rock and MY fortress and MY deliverer, MY GOD, MY rock, in whom I take refuge; MY shield and the horn of MY salvation, MY stronghold.…" (Psalms 18:3 NASB).
The word “MY” emphasizes that something BELONGS to YOU personally. It BELONGS to you because its attached, or a part of you, or your property, or is in a covenant relationship with you.We are HIS PEOPLE...” (Psalms 100:3 KJV). WHO? “…Those who BELONG TO Christ Jesus …” (Galatians 5 NLT). “…He that is joined unto the Lord is ONE SPIRIT  … [with him]…” (1 Corinthians 6:17 KJV). “…My beloved is mine, and I am his…” (Soloman 2:16 KJV).
When you say “MY;” you also saying “BELONG” and claiming OWNERSHIP of something. This is MY car. This car BELONGS to me. I OWN this car. “my” shepherd ….” (PSALM 23:1-3 NLT).
You are acknowledging that you recognize YOUR claim over and entitlement or right to Jehovah Rohi as YOUR Shepherd. . ….The Lord is “my” shepherd ….” (PSALM 23:1-3 NLT).
King David recognized he had the RIGHT to CLAIM God as his Shepherd as long as he was “IN” a covenant relationship with him. MY husband.  MY wife. MY spouse.“my” shepherd ….” (PSALM 23:1-3 NLT).
King David had a RIGHT to enjoy and benefit from his Shepherd as he pleases or chooses unless he personally BREAKS the covenant relationship between himself and Jehovah Rohi. “… I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore…[you]… choose life” (Deuteronomy 30:19 KJV). “…Choose you this day whom ye will serve….” (Joshua 24:15 KJV).
King David could LOSE his right to enjoy and benefit from his Shepherd if he CHOOSES to GIVE UP those RIGHTS. “…I am the vine, you are the branches; he who ABIDES in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for APART FROM Me you can do nothing …If you ABIDE in Me, and My words ABIDE in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so PROVE to be My disciples. Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; ABIDE in My love. If you keep My commandments, you will ABIDE in My love; just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and ABIDE in His love. These things I have spoken to you so that My JOY may be in you, and that your JOY may be made full…” (John 15:1-11 NASB).
The problem is NOT understanding you OWN something or that it BELONGS to you or that it is YOURS (MY), BUT will it last?!! …God has said “NEVER will I leave you (spiritually); NEVER will I forsake you (emotionally)…” (Hebrews 13:5 NIV). “…I am the Lord, I change NOT” (Malachi 3:6 KJV).  
Because OWNERSHIP doesn’t last people often take possession tentatively, timidly, cautiously, hesitantly, and will NOT fully engage with something or someone for fear of LOSING it or them. “…Jesus Christ is the sameforever” (Hebrews 13:8 NIV). ).“…he remains faithful…” (2 Timothy 2:13 NLT). “…My Presence will go with you…” (Exodus 33:14 NIV). “…I am with you always, to the very end…"(Matthew 28:20 NIV). God will “…Never leave nor forsake you…” (Hebrews 13:5 KJV).
“… [Jehovah Rohi] … has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love …” (1 Timothy 1:7 NLT). Therefore, “.,.Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of GRACE, that we may obtain mercy, and find GRACE to help in time of need…” (Hebrews 4:16 KJV).
Jehovah Rohi WILL always be your Shepherd and will be there to take CARE of your NEED forever!! “…How great is [Jehovah Rohi’s benevolent kindness]…”  (Psalm 31:19-20 KJV). “….[Jehovah Rohi] … is good [deeply caring]... “ALL” the time…” (1 Chronicles 16:34, Ezra 3:11, and Psalm 107). “...Casting all your care upon … [Jehovah Rohi]; for he careth for you” (1 Peter 5:7 KJV). “…[Jehovah Rohi] … shall supply ALL YOUR NEED according to his riches in glory BY Christ Jesus…” (Philippians 4:19 KJV).….I shall not want. ….” (PSALM 23:1-3 NLT). “…[Jehovah Rohi] …will generously PROVIDE all  … you need…” (2 Corinthians 9:8 NLT).
Jehovah Rohi expresses and reveals himself as “YOUR” SHEPHERD through Jesus Christ. The book of John, chapter 10, is where Jesus Christ refers to himself as “…the good shepherd..” (John 10:11 KJV).
“…The GOOD shepherd giveth his life for the sheep…” points to Jehovah Rohi’s relationship, through Christ, with the believer or sheep (John 10:11 KJV).
A shepherd, of a flock of sheep, guides their sheep into green pastures, to streaming waters or troughs, and later leads them into a sheepfold. ….The Lord is my shepherd … He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters….” (PSALM 23:1-3 NLT).
A good shepherd would count each one as they go under the rod of the entrance into the sheepfold to make sure NONE was missing.
A shepherd NEVER leaves the sheep, but watches over them at all times; sometimes with the help of dogs or an assistant.
If one sheep happens to wander away, the Shepherd will leave the rest of the flock to find the lost sheep and bring it back to safety. The bible says, “…The Lord their God will rescue his people, just as a shepherd rescues his sheep…” (Zechariah 9:16 KJV). “…As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered …” (Ezekiel 34:12 KJV).
After the sheep are safety tucked away into the sheepfold, the Shepherd would guard the entrance, during the night, by lying in front of the gate to prevent any attacks from wild animals or thieves.
Adam’s son Abel was the first recorded shepherd (Genesis 4:2 KJV). Being a shepherd was once a very renowned occupation in the early biblical days of the Israelites.
References to shepherd or shepherding appears over 200 times and have been translated to mean “feed” or “feeding.”
The title “shepherd” came to represent the offices of king, prophet, leader, and Jesus, who said he was the chief shepherd. “…When the chief Shepherd shall appear…” (1 Peter 5:4 KJV).
When Jesus was getting ready to ascend into heaven, he commissioned human shepherds to “….feed his sheep. ..” (John 21 KJV). “…This is now the third time that Jesus shewed himself to his disciples, after that he was risen from the dead. …Jesus saith to Simon Peter …lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs. He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep. He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep…” (John 21:14-17 KJV).
A human shepherd is God-given. “…I will give you shepherds after my own heart, who will guide you with knowledge and understanding…” (Jeremiah 3:15 KJV). “…He is my shepherd, and shall perform all my pleasure…” (Isaiah 44:28 KJV).
A human shepherd of God’s people will guide, lead, protect, and care for them. “…Lead them like a shepherd, and carry them in your arms forever…” (Psalms 28:9 NLT).  “…Like a shepherd He will tend His flock, In His arm He will gather the lambs And carry them in His bosom; He will gently lead the nursing ewes…” (Isaiah 40:11 NASB).
A human, God-appointed shepherd will demonstrate tender, loving care toward the sheep as he or she guides or leads them into adequate nourishment. “…You will be the shepherd of my people Israel…” (2 Samuel 5:2 KJV). “…The shepherds of my people Israel” (2 Samuel 7:7 KJV).
“NOT” all shepherds are “good” or “obedient” shepherds. “…The shepherds of my people have lost their senses. They no longer seek wisdom from the Lord. Therefore, they fail completely, and their flocks are scattered…” (Jeremiah 10:21 NLT).  “…The leaders of my people— … his shepherdsare blind and ignorant. They are like silent watchdogs that give no warning when danger comes. They love to lie around, sleeping and dreaming…” (Isaiah 56:10 KJV). “…They are greedy dogs which can never have enough, and they are shepherds that cannot understand: they all look to their own way, every one for his gain, from his quarter…” (Isaiah 56:11 KJV).  “…Your shepherds are asleep” (Nahum 3:18 NLT). “…They are like shameless shepherds who care only for themselves…” (Jude 1:12 KJV).
Regardless, Paul compared the church and its pastor to a FLOCK and its SHEPHERD. “…Guard yourselves and God’s people. Feed and shepherd God’s flockhis church, purchased with his own blood—over which the Holy Spirit has appointed you as leaders…” (Acts 20:28 KJV).
In Latin “shepherd” transliterated means “pastor.”
 The SHEPHERD is the MAIN “ONE” who enters by the door of the sheepfold. “...He that entereth in BY THE DOOR is the SHEPHERD of the SHEEP…” (John 10:2 KJV).
The shepherd goes into the FLOCK who are in the SHEEPFOLD (church body). “…The gatekeeper opens the gate for [the shepherd] ....” (John 10:1-10 NASB).
Being within a particular sheepfold keeps God’s sheep SET APART and safe from “…thieves and robbers…” (John 10:1 KJV). “…The thief cometh not, but to STEAL, and to KILL, and to DESTROY…” (John 10:10 KJV).
The entrance is symbolic of the proper and established way to enter into the SHEEPFOLD. Jesus saith…I am the way…” (John 14:6 KJV). “…I am the DOOR…” (John 10:9 KJV). “…He that entereth not by the DOOR into the SHEEPFOLD but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and robber...” (John 10:1 KJV).
God in his wisdom and through the indwelling power of the HOLY SPIRIT appoints human shepherds to “FEED” his sheep and successfully “CARE” for them. “…It is God who works in [shepherds/pastors]… to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose…” (Philippians 2:13 NIV). “… The God of peace… that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip [human shepherds]… with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in [them]… what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ” (Hebrews 13:20-21 NIV).
Christ has established the WAY in which the human Shepherd must also enter into the SHEEPFOLD or community of believers. Jesus saith…I am the way…” (John 14:6 KJV).  “…I am the DOOR…” (John 10:9 KJV). “…I am the gate....” (John 10:1-10 NASB). “…Jesus saith unto him … no man cometh unto the Father, but by me…” (John 14 6 KJV).
Jehovah Rohi established Jesus to express and reveal himself as a Shepherd who GIVES his LIFE for his sheep. “…The GOOD shepherd giveth his life for the sheep…” (John 10:11 KJV). “…I lay down my life…” (John 10:17 KJV). “…There is no greater LOVE than to lay down one’s life…” (John 15:13 NLT).
Jesus, the Chief Shepherd, OPENS the DOOR or the WAY for the sheep and human shepherd to enter into the sheepfold. “…God had …opened the door of faith unto the Gentiles…” (Acts 14:27 KJV). “…A certain woman named Lydia …heard us: whose heart the Lord opened…” (Acts 16:14 KJV). “…Praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance…” (Colossians 4:3 KJV). “…behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it…: (Revelation 3:8 KJV). “…I have opened a door for you that no one can close…” (Revelation 3:8 NLT). “…I am the DOOR…” (John 10:9 KJV). “...He that entereth in BY THE DOOR is the SHEPHERD of the SHEEP…” (John 10:2 KJV). “… [The sheep] … go in and out …[of the door] … and find pasture…” (John 10:10 KJV).
OPENING the DOORS or WAYS to Jehovah Rohi BRINGS God “IN,” and KEEPS “the thief” OUT. “…For we are the temple (body, sheep) of the living God; just as God said, “I will dwell in them and walk among them; And I will be their God, and they shall be My people. “…Therefore, come out from their midst and be separate,” says the Lord. “And do not touch what is unclean…” (2 Corinthians 6:13-17 NASB).
Sheep are welcomed through the DOORS of the church to HEAR, pay ATTENTION to, UNDERSTAND, PRACTICE through obedience, and walk in FAITH after listening to the VOICE of God’s chosen shepherd, who he has SENT. “…I will give you shepherds after my own heart, who will guide you with knowledge and understanding…” (Jeremiah 3:15 KJV). “…He is my shepherd, and shall perform all my pleasure…” (Isaiah 44:28 KJV).
The shepherd is God’s mouthpiece and uses the WORD to speak to God’s people. “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness…” (2 Timothy 3:16 KJV).
A shepherd leads and guides sheep to the pastures and the waters of God’s HOLY ordinances that they may learn and nourish themselves on the precepts of God’s Word. “…The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple. The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes. The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb. Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward. Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults.  Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression. Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer…” (Psalms 19:7-14 KJV).
The shepherds are the VOICE of Jehovah Rohi’s message. They TEACH the sheep to FOLLOW after Jesus. JESUS is the WAY and it is in his FOOTSTEPS the sheep are to FOLLOW. “…In this world we are like Jesus…” (1 John 4:17 NIV).
The sheep will listen to HEAR God’s voice, God’s truth, and God’s instructions through the shepherd. “… The sheep recognize his voice and come to him. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. After he has gathered his own flock, he walks ahead of them, and they follow him because they know his voice. They won’t follow a stranger;....” (John 10:1-10 NASB).
“…I will give you shepherds after my own heart, who will guide you with knowledge and understanding…” (Jeremiah 3:15 KJV).
Jehovah Rohi!!

No comments:

Post a Comment