Friday, October 13, 2017

GLORY: THE MANIFESTED PRESENCE IN HIS NAME



FOOD FOR THOUGHT

                            
NEW BOOK COMING SOON!
 
DO YOU KNOW THE GLORY IN HIS NAME?

“… Glory in His holy name …” (1 Chronicles 16:10 NASB
*

Two common and more personal Hebrew NAMES for God, as revealed in scripture, are known as YHWH (Yahweh) and “EL” “… Yahweh is His name…” (Exodus 15:3 NLT).
YHWH (Yahweh) is the oldest NAME for the Hebrew God and is used over 6,000 times in the Old Testament. YHWH is often translated Jehovah in English.
There are MANY various names that are used to describe Yahweh, but the standard name is “God” or “Lord.” “… The Lord is His name…” (Exodus 15:3 NASB).
For the Israelites and NOW for the Christian there is ONLY one true God. “…There is ONE … God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all….” (Ephesians 4:4-5 KJV). “… There is but one God…” (1 Corinthians 8:6 KJV). “….The LORD is our GOD, the LORD is ONE…” (Deuteronomy 6:4 KJV). “…There is no God, but ONE…” (1 Corinthians 8:4 KJV).
Throughout the bible the MANY purposes or benefits of his PRESENCE are revealed or are made KNOWN, by God, through HIS names. “… I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, as God Almighty, but by My name,  Lord, I did not make Myself known to them…” (Exodus 6:3 NASB). “… I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob as El-Shaddai—‘God Almighty’—but I did not reveal my name, Yahweh, to them…” (Exodus 6:3 NLT).
A NAME is given to God as a way to acknowledge his existence and PRESENCE. “… God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM”; and He said … ‘The Lord, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.’ This is My name forever, and this is My memorial-name]to all generations…” (Exodus 3:14-15 NASB). “ … God replied to Moses, “I am who i am. Say this to the people of Israel: I am has sent me to you.” God also said to Moses, “Say this to the people of Israel: Yahweh, the God of your ancestors—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you. This is my eternal name, my name to remember for all generations…” (Exodus 3:14-15 NLT).
Other NAMES of God, such as “EL” are given as a WAY to EXALT his UNIQUE HOLY MIGHT, POWER, and SOVEREIGNTY. “…THY NAME is GREAT in might (Jeremiah 10:6 KJV).
In addition, the NAME “EL,” when attached to an attribute, distinguishes him from false gods and gives him SUPREME advantage and authority above ALL others. “…I will proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence ” (Exodus 33:16-23 NIV).
Most important is: “…There is no God, but ONE…” (1 Corinthians 8:4 KJV).
The MANY titles, names, and references to God is NOT as important as recognizing his HOLY, distinct nature and the “SPECIAL” relationship he has with HIS people.
However, God’s distinct NAMES (Shekhinah) “clearly” reveal the qualities of his invisible PRESENCE. …The invisible [Presence]…from the creation of the world is … [his] eternal power… divine nature… …clearly seen, being understood by the things that are MADE …” (Romans 1:20 KJV).
God’s distinct NAMES reveal the multi-attributes and power of his HOLY PRESENCE AMONG his PEOPLE. For instance, the name El Erekh means the God of PATIENCE. “…the God of patiencegrant you to be likeminded…” (Romans 15:5 KJV). “…The fruit of the Spirit is … patience … The Lord is that Spirit It is the SPIRIT who gives [PATIENCE]…” (Galatians 5:22-23 NLT & 2 Corinthians 3:17 KJV & John 6:63 NASB).
God’s NAMES reveal and describe his ROLE as husbandman to his covenant people. For instance, the name Jehovah Jireh means the God of provision. “…God is the one who provides …” (2 Corinthians 9:10-13 KJV). “… God will supply all [your need]…” (Philippians 4:19 NASB).
God’s NAMES are often linked to special circumstance and how God personally benefitted his PEOPLE at different times. For instance, the name El Shaddai is linked to Genesis 17:1 when God appeared to Abram. “… When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the Lord appeared to him and said, “I am El-Shaddai—‘God Almighty.’ Serve me faithfully and live a blameless life…” (Genesis 17:1 NLT).
The name, El Shaddai refers to him as, “…the Almighty God…”  (Genesis 17:1 KJV).
God’s NAMES are meant to provoke AWE, RESPECT, HONOR, and REVERENCE for the holiness of his GLORY (presence).  “…I will praise his holy name…” (Psalms 103:1 NLT). “…give thanks to His holy name…” (Psalms 30:4 NASB). “… all flesh will bless His holy name forever and ever” (Psalms 145:21 NASB).
God’s HOLY NAMES give you a hint of the benevolent kindnesses he extends to HIS covenant PEOPLE. For instance: ADONAI or YAHWEH or JEHOVAH or JEHOVAH ELOHIM or EL ELYON or JEHOVAH ELOHIM which means: “LORD” "LORD God" “Most High" "LORD God."
ELOHIM or EL SHADDAI or EL-GIBHOR which means: God “Creator, Mighty and Strong” “God Almighty” “Mighty God.”
JEHOVAH –JIREH means: "The Lord Will Provide."
JEHOVAH –RAPHA means: "The Lord Who Heals."
JEHOVAH –NISSI means: "The Lord Our Banner.”
JEHOVAH -M'KADDESH means: "The Lord Who Sanctifies, Makes Holy." 
JEHOVAH –SHALOM means: "The Lord Our Peace.
JEHOVAH H-TSIDKENU means: "The Lord Our Righteousness.”
JEHOVAH –ROHI means: "The Lord Our Shepherd.
JEHOVAH –SHAMMAH means: "The Lord Is There.
JEHOVAH –SABAOTH means: "The Lord of Hosts."
EL ROI means: "God of Seeing."
EL-OLAM means: "Everlasting God."
 “…Moses said, “…show me your glory.” …The Lord said, “I will cause all my GOODNESS to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence ” (Exodus 33:16-23 NIV).
“… I will proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence ” (Exodus 33:16-23 NIV). The purpose of knowing about the NAME of God is NOT to debate over which one is CORRECT but, for the OPPORTUNITY it provides to “KNOW” the ONLY TRUE God personally and intimately. “… this is the way to have eternal life—to know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, the one you sent to earth…” (John 17:3 NLT).
Even though the more acceptable NAME may be YHWH (Yahweh) or “EL,” it is quite proper and respectful to address Him as “God” or “Lord.”
“… I will proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence ” (Exodus 33:16-23 NIV). “… The Lord descended in the cloud and stood there with him as he called upon the name of the Lord. Then the Lord passed by in front of him and proclaimed,The Lord, the Lord God, compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in lovingkindness and truth…” (Exodus 34:5-6 NASB).
“…Moses said, “…show me your glory.” …The Lord said, “I will cause all my GOODNESS to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence ” (Exodus 33:16-23 NIV).
God “proclaimed” his NAME to Moses or made it publically known as a WAY to announce his HOLY GLORY or manifested presence.  “… Glory in His holy name …” (1 Chronicles 16:10 NASB).  “… I will proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence ” (Exodus 33:16-23 NIV). “… The Lord is His name…” (Exodus 15:3 NASB).
God was announcing, “…PAY ATTENTION!!!   I AM is IN THE HOUSE!…  I AM is In WORLD!! … I AM is PRESENCE!!”“… God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM” … ‘The Lord, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob…’ This is My name forever, and this is My memorial-name]to all generations…” (Exodus 3:14-15 NASB).
As God passed by Moses he ANNOUNCED his NAME as a decree of the presence of his HOLY GLORY. “….The Lord passed by in front of him and proclaimed” (Exodus 34:5-6 NASB).
 The proclaimed NAME, “THE LORD” embodied the HOLY GLORY which revealed his divine nature and manifested presence. “… I will proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence ” (Exodus 33:16-23 NIV).
The revelation of his divine nature or manifested presence exemplified the favor, grace, love, forgiveness, and mercy God freely BESTOWED upon HIS PEOPLE. “….proclaimed,The Lord, the Lord God, compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in lovingkindness and truth…” (Exodus 34:5-6 NASB).
The divine nature of God - revealed in his NAME - carries with it the unmerited GOODNESS generously contained in his HOLY GLORY or manifested PRESENCE. “…YOU MAKE … [ME] … “MOST” BLESSED foreverin YOUR PRESENCE…” (Psalms 21:6 NASB).
Moses made a request every child of God should MAKE: “…Moses said, “…show me your glory.” ” (Exodus 33:16-23 NIV). Moses didn’t want to go forward,  in his life, without being CERTAIN of God’s PRESENCE.
God GRANTED Moses’ request. “……The Lord said, “I will cause all my GOODNESS to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name” (Exodus 33:16-23 NIV).
God’s HOLY GLORY is witnessed in the RICHES of his GOODNESS and the PROCLAMATION of his NAME.
The HOLY GLORY of the RICHES of his GOODNESS is witnessed in the manifested PRESENCE of his favor, blessings, and amazing graces toward YOU, among you, around you, through you, and “IN” you.
The HOLY GLORY of his NAME is witnessed in the manifested PRESENCE of his divine nature, his indwelling Spirit, and his eternal POWER toward YOU, around you, through you, and “in” you.
God’s HOLY GLORY is EVERYTHING and EVERBODY that manifest (reveal) his PRESENCE among us, within us, around us, and through us.
God’s manifested (revealed) PRESENCE among us, within us, around us, and through us is HOW GOD makes himself KNOWN. . the whole earth is full of his GLORY (manifested (revealed) presence)…” (Isaiah 6:3). “…the earth is filled with the LORD's GLORY (manifested (revealed) presence)…” (Number 14:21 NLT).
What is the HOLY GLORY in his NAME? First, in the Old Testament a NAME REVEALS significant information about a person.
God often changed people’s NAMES to reveal WHO they really were or were meant to be or become: For instance, he changed Abram to Abraham, or Jacob to Israel, or Lo-Ammi to Ammi, or Simon Peter to Cephas.
Second, a NAME, thus, often REVEALED PURPOSE and IDENTITY. God’s NAMES reveal PURPOSE, IDENTITY, RESPONSIBILITY, AUTHORITY, and POWER.
In the New Testament God GIVES us yet another NAME: jesus  which means: “savior” “anointed one” "Emmanuel: god is with us."
The HOLY GLORY is witnessed in the manifested PRESENCE of God “IN” Jesus Christ. The Son is the radiance of God’s GLORY and the exact representation of his being…” (Hebrews 1:3 KJV).“… so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the GLORY and the power for ever and ever. Amen” (1 Peter 4:11 NIV).
Jesus' NAME embodies or represents "ALL" God's NAMES in ONE. The HOLY GLORY is witnessed in the manifested PRESENCE of God’s POWER, in Jesus NAME, to BACK up “all” the proclamations of his various NAMES. “…You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it...” (John 14:12-14 NLT).
Thus, there is NOW supernatural POWER - in the proclamation of JESUS’ NAME - to TRANSFORM the situations and circumstances of life. “…You can ask for anything in my name...” (John 14:12-14 NLT). “….You may ask for anything you want…” (JOHN 15:7 NASB). “…You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it...” (John 14:12-14 NLT). “…Ask and it will be given to you…” (Matthew 7:7 NIV). “…everyone who asks receives…” (Matthew 7:8 NIV). “…I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son…” (John 14:13 NIV).
 “…And this is the confidence that we have in him (Jesus), that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us” (1 John 5:14 KJV). “… [We]Receive from him anything we ask, because we keep his commands and do what pleases him…” (1 John 3:22 NIV). “…If we know that he hears uswhatever we askwe know that we have what we asked of him…” (1 John 5:15 NIV).
The HOLY GLORY is witnessed in the manifested (revealed) PRESENCE of god through jesus’ name.
Jesus’ NAME REVEALS his divine nature, his indwelling Spirit, and his eternal power toward YOU, “IN” you, among you, and “THROUGH” you.
God’s NAME is El Hakadosh which means his divine nature is HOLY, sacred, and totally set apart from sin. Jesus says: “… I AM HOLY…” (1 Peter 1:14-16 KJV).  And, “… There is none holy as the Lord” (1 Samuel 2:2 KJV). “…be holy, because I am holy…” (1 Peter 1:16 KJV). 
God’s NAME is Immanuel which means he is with you. Jesus says: “…I AM WITH YOU ALWAYS, to the very end…" (Matthew 28:20 NIV). “…Christ in you, …” (Colossians 1:27 KJV).   …God has said “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you…” (Hebrews 13:5 NIV). “…Behold, I AM WITH… [YOU] and  I WILL NOT LEAVE [YOU] ." (Genesis 28:15 ASV). “…the Spirit of God dwell[s] in you…” (Romans 8:9 KJV).
God’s NAME is El Shaddai which means he is ALMIGHTY and POWERFUL. Jesus says: “… All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth…” (Matthew 28:18 NASB). “… I appeared … as God Almighty…” (Exodus 6:3 NASB). “…power belongs to God…” (Psalms 62:11 NASB).
 “…I and my Father are…ONE" (John 10:30 KJV).
Jesus says: “…You can ask for anything in my name...” (John 14:12-14 NLT). “…You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it...” (John 14:12-14 NLT).
God’s HOLY NAMES “PROCLAIM” “…the Lord (also JESUS) … [is] … in “YOUR” PRESENCE…” (Numbers 23 KJV).
If the Lord (Jesus) is in your presence so is his power, his provision, his healing, his protection, his goodness, his peace, his righteousness, and his indwelling Spirit. “…I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son…” (John 14:13 NIV).
When YOU ask for THESE THINGS (peace, protection, healing, goodness, etc) in Jesus’ NAME God’s PRESENCE is manifested when he “clearly” answer  your REQUESTS. “… Until now you have asked for nothing in My name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be made full…” (John 16:24 NASB). “…I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son…” (John 14:13 NIV).
God does NOT give many excuses or reasons why we do NOT receive everything we ASK for in Jesus’ NAME. I found one: “… You do not have because you do not ask. You ask and do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, so that you may spend it on your pleasures…” (James 4:2-3 NASB). “… Yet you don’t have what you want because you don’t ask God for it. And even when you ask, you don’t get it because your motives are all wrong—you want only what will give you pleasure…” (James 4:2-3 NLT)
However, God does SUPPLY and  GIVE ample reasons why we WILL and SHALL receive everything we ASK for in JESUS’ NAME. “…And this is the confidence that we have in him (Jesus), that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us” (1 John 5:14 KJV). “… [We]receive cause we keep his commands and do what pleases him…” (1 John 3:22 NIV). “…If we know that he hears uswhatever we askwe know that we have what we asked of him…” (1 John 5:15 NIV).
TRUST HIM and TRUST HIS WAYS.his ways [are often]… past finding out” (Romans 11:33-34 KJV).  “… [God’s] ... thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways ... [his] … ways ... as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are … [his] … ways higher than you[r] …. ways and … [his] … thoughts than your thoughts…” (Isaiah 55:8-9 ASV). “…Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own insight (understanding). In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths …” (Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV).
“…This is the confidence that we have in him (Jesus), that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us” (1 John 5:14 KJV). “… Until now you have asked for nothing in My name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be made full…” (John 16:24 NASB). “…I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son…” (John 14:13 NIV).
How is this possible? First, Jesus gives YOU permission to USE his NAME. Using his NAME is like having his POWER of attorney. Having his POWER of Attorney is the same as actually BEING Jesus and having “HIS” authority. “…He [or she]… that is joined unto the Lord is ONE SPIRIT….” (1 Corinthians 6:17). “…I and my Father are…ONE" (John 10:30 KJV).  “…that they may all be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us…” (John 17:21-23 NASB).
Second, when YOU make requests, to God, the Father, using Jesus’ NAME or his so-called POWER of ATTORNEY, he “WILL” hear YOU as if he is actually hearing Jesus himselrf. “…Jesus looked up to heaven and said, Father, thank you for hearing me. You always hear me...” (John 11:41-42 NLT).
 Third, when you MAKE a REQUEST and USE Jesus’ NAME the Holy Spirit FULFILLS it! “…I will do whatever you ask in my name, so …” (John 14:13 NIV).
Fourth, Jesus is WITH you – through his indwelling Spirit and “in” his NAME – as an INSURANCE or a GUARANTEE that your REQUEST “will” be done. “….Again I say to you, that if two  (YOU and Jesus) of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst….” (Matthew 18:19-20 NASB).
There is: “… Glory in His holy name …” (1 Chronicles 16:10 NASB). Jesus NAME is GREAT and is ABOVE any other NAME. “[Jesus is]…highly exalted…” with a “name which is above every name” (Philippians 2:9).
“…I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son…” (John 14:13 NIV). Trust in the Lord with all thine heart …” (Proverbs 3:5-6 KJV). “… lean not unto thine own understanding…” (Proverbs 3:5-6 KJV).  “ … In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths…” (Proverbs 3:5-6 KJV). “…The steps of a good man are ordered (directed) by the Lord:” (Psalms 37:23 KJV). “…The commandments of the Lord are right, bringing JOY to the heart…” (Psalms 19:8 NLT). “…JOYful are people of integrity, who follow the instructions of the Lord…” (Psalms 119:1 NLT). God is “…watching over [his[… word to perform it…” (Jeremiah 1:12 NASB). “…It (his word) shall not return unto [him]… void, but it shall accomplish that which [God]… please[s], and it shall prosper in the thing whereto [God]… sent it…” (Isaiah 55:11 KJV).  Therefore,Trust in the Lord with all thine heart…” (Proverbs 3:5-6 KJV). “… lean not unto thine own understanding…” (Proverbs 3:5-6 KJV).
There is: “… Glory in His holy name …” (1 Chronicles 16:10 NASB). ADONAI or YAHWEH or JEHOVAH or JEHOVAH ELOHIM or EL ELYON or JEHOVAH ELOHIM which means: “LORD” "LORD God" “Most High" “lord (jesus Christ)” "LORD God."
ELOHIM or EL SHADDAI or EL-GIBHOR which means: God “Creator, Mighty and Strong” “God Almighty” “Mighty God.”
JEHOVAH –JIREH means: "The Lord Will Provide."
JEHOVAH –RAPHA means: "The Lord Who Heals."
JEHOVAH –NISSI means: "The Lord Our Banner.”
JEHOVAH -M'KADDESH means: "The Lord Who Sanctifies, Makes Holy." 
JEHOVAH –SHALOM means: "The Lord Our Peace.
JEHOVAH H-TSIDKENU means: "The Lord Our Righteousness.”
JEHOVAH –ROHI means: "The Lord Our Shepherd.
JEHOVAH –SHAMMAH means: "The Lord Is There.
JEHOVAH –SABAOTH means: "The Lord of Hosts."
EL ROI means: "God of Seeing."
EL-OLAM means: "Everlasting God."
jesus means: “savior” “anointed one” "Emmanuel: god is with us."
“…I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son…” (John 14:13 NIV).

Godspeed,
Dr. Pensacola

No comments:

Post a Comment