Thursday, February 15, 2018

LOVE IS "NOT" PRIDEFUL. PRIDE FROM "HIS" PERSPECTIVE



                                   
HOLY LOVE IS NOT PRIDEFUL

“…Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, It is not easily angered, It keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres, Love never fails…” (1 Corinthians 13: 4-8 NIV).
*
 “…God is LOVE…” (1 John 4:4-8 KJV). “…God is [REAL]… LOVE…” (1 John 4:4-8 KJV). “…LOVE …IS NOT PRIDEFUL…” (1 Corinthians 13: 4-8 NIV).
To be prideful is to have an inflated, conceited, egotistical and vain opinion of one’s OWN self-worth founded upon an unrealistic or overvalued sense of superiority over others. “…LOVE …IS NOT PRIDEFUL…” (1 Corinthians 13: 4-8 NIV).
God is not self-centered on any level. “…LOVE …IS NOT selfish…” (1Corinthians 13: 4-8 NIV). God gets no pleasure from simple loving and admiring himself. “…LOVE …IS NOT prideful…” (1 Corinthians 13: 4-8 NIV). God does not focus on benefiting himself at all. “….For Christ “PLEASED” NOT himself…” (Romans 15:3 KJV). God is primarily concerned with the needs of those he loves. “…God will generously PROVIDE all … [their]… need…” (2 Corinthians 9:8 NLT).
God humbly focuses on loving his children and meeting their needs. “…The Lord loves His people …” (2 Chronicles 2:11 NASB). “…God will supply all [their need]…” (Philippians 4:19 NASB).
Pride is a dysfunctional sense of self-worth and self-exaltation. God, as a result of his HOLY nature ALONE, opposes PRIDE. PRIDE is sin. SIN separates from HOLINESS naturally. Thus, holiness OPPOSES, or resists SIN.
God loves the prideful man, but because of his HOLY nature he naturally opposes him. Holiness naturally opposes or resists the sin of pride like oil and water naturally opposes or resists one another. 
The OPPOSITION stems from the separation or barrier the sin of pride naturally creates with holiness.  “…Your INIQUITIES (sin) have separated (put you in opposition) between you and your God (holy) …” (Isaiah 59:2 KJV). Thus, “…God OPPOSES the proud but gives grace to the humble” (James 4:6 NLT).
God’s holiness naturally opposes a prideful attitude, especially since it conceitedly exalts people in way that makes them behave condescendingly toward others. “…God OPPOSES the proud…” (James 4:6 NLT).
Pride is a deceiver. God actually is the ONLY one who has EVERY reason to brag, but man is under the assumption he or she has something to brag about. “…I am the Lord, the God of all flesh…” (Jeremiah 32:27 KJV). "… I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God…" (Revelation 1:8 NASB). “… I, the LORD [am]… the first, and … the last. I am He...'" (Isaiah 41:4 NASB).  “… I AM WHO I AM ’ This is My name forever…” (Exodus 3:14-15 NASB).  “.. .[I am]… GOODthere is none good but one, that is, God…(Nahum 1:7 & Mark 10:18 KJV). “…God is love…” (1 John 4:4-8 KJV). “…  I, the Lord, am your healer…” (Exodus 15:26). “… I AM HOLY…” (1 Peter 1:14-16 KJV).  And, There is none holy as the Lord” (1 Samuel 2:2 KJV). “…[I am]… the one who provides …” (2 Corinthians 9:10-13 KJV). “… God will supply all [your need]…” (Philippians 4:19 NASB). “… [I am] … will keep in perfect peace all who trust in … [him] … all whose thoughts are fixed on … [him!]” (Isaiah 26:3 NLT).….The Lord (i am) is “my” shepherd ….” (PSALM 23:1-3 NLT). “…The LORD is MY rock and MY fortress and MY deliverer, MY GOD, MY rock, in whom I take refuge; MY shield and the horn of MY salvation, MY stronghold.…" (Psalms 18:3 NASB). “…God with us…” (Matthew 1:23 NASB). “…I AM WITH… [YOU] and … I WILL NOT LEAVE [YOU] ." (Genesis 28:15 ASV).
“… There is none righteous, no, not one…” (Romans 3:10 KJV). They “… [have ALL become]…..unclean (unholy) and [their] righteousnesses are as filthy rags.” (Isaiah 64:6 KJV). “… Jesus said to them, those who … need a physician … [THEY ARE]… are sicksinners…” (Mark 2:17 NASB).
Therefore, “…All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God…” (Romans 3:23).
ONLY God is gloriously WORTHY to be PRAISED and is HIGHLY exalted. “… I will call on the Lord, who is worthy to be praised…” (Psalm 18:3 KJV). “… Thine, O Lord is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty: for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O Lord, and thou art exalted as head above all” (2 Chronicles 29:11 KJV). “… You are the LORD Most High over all the earth; You are exalted far above all gods…” (Psalms 97:9 NASB).
God is GREAT and man can ONLY create an illusion of greatness in their OWN minds. “….Apart from Me, YOU can do nothing (you CAN’T be great on any level)…” (John 15:5 NIV).
God KNOWS who he is and has NO reason to force or vaunt his GREATNESS on others. “… For the LORD “is” a great God And a great King above all gods…” (Psalms 95:3 NASB). “… Great “is” the LORD, and greatly to be praised…” (Psalms 48:1 NASB). “… Great “is” the LORD, and highly to be praised, And His greatness is unsearchable…” (Psalms 145:3 NASB).
“… You are great and do wondrous deeds; You alone are God…” (Psalms 86:10 NASB).
God chooses to focus on loving others instead of puffing himself up. “…God is LOVE…” (1 John 4:4-8 KJV). AND “…LOVE …IS NOT PRIDEFUL…” (1 Corinthians 13: 4-8 NIV).
God LOVES, his people, from a place of wholeness. GOD “is” the sufficient, WHOLE, and objective existence of all other existence. "… I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty…" (Revelation 1:8 NASB).“… I, the LORD, am the first, and … the last. I am He...'" (Isaiah 41:4 NASB). “… I am the first and I am the last,  And there is no God besides Me…” (Isaiah 44:6 NASB). “… Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come…” (Revelation 4:8 KJV).   
“I AM” implies, not only does GOD exists, but he exist through the WHOLESOME identity revealed in his holy nature and divine character.  “… I AM WHO I AM” (Exodus 3:14-15 NASB). …The invisible [Spirit, I AM]…from the creation of the world is …clearly seen, being understood by the things that are MADE …” (Romans 1:20 KJV). “ ... All things came into being (existence) through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being (existence) that has come into being…” (John 1:3 NASB).  “… I am He...'" (Isaiah 41:4 NASB). “… I am the first and I am the last…” (Isaiah 44:6 NASB). "… I am the Alpha and the Omega," …" (Revelation 1:8 NASB).
Therefore, his HOLY LOVE humbly concentrates on GIVING, CARING, and the NEEDS of those he loves. God would NEVER let pride separate his people from his love. “….neither death, nor life, nor angels nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate [you]… from the love of God which is “in” Christ Jesus our Lord…” (Romans 8:38-39 KJV).
God needs NOTHING from those he loves. He may DESIRE their love, but it is their CHOICE to reciprocate. Nevertheless, “… [nothing]…will be able to separate [THEM]… from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord”(Romans 8:31-39 NASB).
He has “….loved [them]...with an everlasting love….” (Jeremiah 31:3 KJV).  “…There is no greater LOVE …” (John 15:13 NLT). “…I AM WITH YOU ALWAYS, to the very end…"(Matthew 28:20 NIV). “…If [YOU]… are unfaithful, he remains faithful, for he cannot deny who he isGod is love…” (1 John 4:4-8 KJV & 2 Timothy 2:13 NLT). “…LOVE …IS NOT PRIDEFUL…” (1 Corinthians 13: 4-8 NIV).
God through Jesus revealed how his HOLY LOVE is not prideful. For LOVE, Jesus DIED two deaths: death to SELF AND death on the CROSS.  The GREAT God, through Christ, “…HUMBLED himself and (FIRST) became obedient unto death, (SECOND) even the death of the cross…” (Philippians 2:8 KJV).  
We witness two HUMBLING types of deaths: “…Obedient unto to death (sacrificing all his GREATNESS and divine privileges)” and “death on the cross (sacrificing his human body). “… Great “is” the LORD…” (Psalms 48:1 NASB). “…Though he was God, he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to. Instead, he gave up his divine privileges…” (Philippians 2:6-7 NLT). “…God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were STILL sinners...” (Romans 5:8 NLT).
Christ died for [your] SINS according to the scriptures;  And …he was buried, and … rose again the third day according to the scriptures:” (1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV).
Jesus Christ “…HUMBLED himself and became obedient unto death … [FOR LOVE]…” (Philippians 2:8 KJV).  “… The LORD “is” a great God …” (Psalms 95:3 NASB). “…There is no greater LOVE …” (John 15:13 NLT).
PRIDE would have interfered with God’s expression of his HOLY LOVE. Therefore, “…LOVE …IS NOT PRIDEFUL…” (1 Corinthians 13: 4-8 NIV).
Jesus said: “I lay down my life (my greatness, my power, my divine privileges, my PRIDE, etc.)... No one takes [these things]… from me, but I lay [them]... down of my own accord (by my own choice). I have authority (because ALL power belongs to me) to lay [my greatness, my power, my divine privileges, my pride, etc.) down and authority (all power) to take it up again. This command I received from my Father…” (John 10:17-18 KJV). “… Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority (POWER) has been given to Me in heaven and on earth…” (Matthew 28:18 NASB). “…There is no greater LOVE …” (John 15:13 NLT).
God through JESUS really was GREAT! “… The LORD “is” a great God …” (Psalms 95:3 NASB). However, JESUS laid down his greatness, his power, his divine privileges, and his pride as an expression of his HOLY LOVE for you!I lay down my life ... No one takes [my life]… from me, but I lay [my life]... down of my own accord (by my own choice). ” (John 10:17-18 KJV). “…You are honored[and God]… love[s]… you (values you more than his pride)…” (Isaiah 43:4 NLT).  
God through Jesus demonstrated his kind of HOLY LOVE requires humility.Learn from me…..I am gentle and HUMBLE IN HEART” (Matthew 11:29 NIV). “…I will INSTRUCT you and TEACH you in the way which you should go….” (Psalms 32:8 KJV). “…Always be HUMBLE and gentle. Be PATIENT with each other, making allowance for each other’s faults (WHY?) because of your love (God is LOVE)…” (Ephesians 4:2 NLT). “…He that loveth not knoweth not God” (1 John 4:7-8 ASV). “….as I have loved you… love one another .” (John 13:34 ASV). “…The fruit of the Spirit is love…” (Galatians 5:22-23 KJV). “…Ye shall know them by their fruits…” (Matthew 7:16 KJV). 
 “… I AM ..[A]…HOLY…[God of LOVE]…” (1 Peter 1:14-16 KJV).  And, There is none HOLY as the Lord” (1 Samuel 2:2 KJV). “… There is none like unto thee.” (Jeremiah 10:6 KJV). “… the LORD “is” a great God… [of love]…” (Psalms 95:3 NASB). “….Apart from Me (The God of Love), YOU can do nothing (not even love)…” (John 15:5 NIV). “…We love, because he first loved us…” (1 John 4:19 ASV).
MANKIND cannot LOVE with a HOLY LOVE on their OWN efforts. “… [Mankind is]…  too human, a slave to sin. …[They may often say:]…I want to do what is right (stop being prideful), but I don’t do it. Instead, I do what I hate. So I am not the one doing wrong; it is sin living in me that does it.  And I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. … [They are slaves] …to the sin that is … within …[them]…(Romans 7:14-25 NLT).
Unfortunately, “…There is none righteous, no, not one:” (Romans 3:10 KJV). “There is none good but one, that is, God…” (Mark 10:18 KJV).  We “… [have ALL become]…..unclean and [our] righteousnesses are as filthy rags.” (Isaiah 64:6 KJV). “…Who will free …[you]… from this life that is dominated by…[the sin of PRIDE]? Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord…(Romans 7:14-25 NLT).
“…God’s ... [kind of]…love has been poured out Into … [your]… hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us…” (Romans 5:5 NIV). “…It is the [indwelling Holy] SPIRIT who gives [LOVE]…” (John 6:63 NASB). “…The Spirit of God dwell[s]… in you…” (Romans 8:9 KJV).  “…GOD IS SPIRIT…” (John 4:24 KJV).  “…God is love…” (1 John 4:4-8 KJV).
“… The … Holy Spirit … is the source of [love]… [HE] … does the work in and through all of us who are his. … … (1 Corinthians 12:4-11 NLT). …Godworks in you TO WILL and TO ACT in order to fulfill his good purpose…” (Philippians 2:13 NIV). “…Now may the God of peace, … that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ” (Hebrews 13:20-21 NIV). “….apart from Me (GOD), you can do nothing…” (John 15:5 NIV). “…[You can, however,]… do ALL THINGS through Christ which strengtheneth …[you]…” (Philippians 4:13 KJV).
“…[God’s PRIDE]…will … [NEVER]… be …[what separates YOU]… from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord”(Romans 8:31-39 NASB). [God through Jesus laid]… down … [his] … life (his greatness, his power, his divine privileges, his PRIDE, etc.)...[BECAUSE OF HIS HOLY LOVE FOR “YOU”]” (John 10:17-18 KJV).
“…God is LOVE…” (1 John 4:4-8 KJV). AND “…LOVE …IS NOT PRIDEFUL…” (1 Corinthians 13: 4-8 NIV).

No comments:

Post a Comment