Saturday, February 17, 2018

LOVE IS "NOT" SELFISH. UNSELFISH LOVE FROM "HIS" PERSPECTIVE



                                      
HOLY LOVE IS NOT SELFISH

 “…Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, It is not easily angered, It keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres, Love never fails…” (1 Corinthians 13: 4-8 NIV).
*
“…God is LOVE…” (1 John 4:4-8 KJV). “…God is [REAL]… LOVE…” (1 John 4:4-8 KJV). “…LOVE …IS NOT SELF-SEEKING…” (1 Corinthians 13: 4-8 NIV).
Selfishness is truly the direct opposite of love. Selfishness involves self-focus and it is heavily concerned about one’s own interest ABOVE the interest of anyone else. “…LOVE …IS NOT SELF-SEEKING…” (1 Corinthians 13: 4-8 NIV).
Selfishness gravels and fights to build, gain, acquire, and harbor benefits for one’s OWN self; even if they have to ruin, hurt, or destroy someone else to do it. “…LOVE …IS NOT SELF-SEEKING…” (1 Corinthians 13: 4-8 NIV).
God has demonstrated his unselfish love by sending his SON. God does not NEED anything FOR himself. God SO LOVED the world, that he GAVE…” (John 3:16).
God’s HOLY LOVE focuses on supplying the needs of those he loves and not his OWN consumption. I will supply all your NEED” (Philippians 4:19). “… [God]… will supply every need” (Philippians 4:19 KJV). “…my cup runneth over…” (Psalms 23:5 KJV). “…God will generously PROVIDE (supply) all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to “SHARE” WITH OTHERS…” (2 Corinthians 9:8 NLT).
God is SO FULL and COMPLETE he does NOT need to be selfish. “… “I AM” WHO I AM” (Exodus 3:14-15 NASB).
God unselfishly created us to SHARE in his existence.  “…we exist through Him…” (1 Corinthians 8:6 NASB). ALL creation have their existence THROUGH God.”  “… In Him we live and move and exist” (Acts 17:28 NASB). “… in him we live, and move, and have our being…” (Acts 17:28 KJV).
God HOLY LOVE focuses on GIVING ALL THINGS. “… HE Himself GIVES to all people LIFE and BREATH and all things…” (Acts 17:25 NASB).  “…I charge you in the presence of God, who GIVES LIFE to all things…” (1 Timothy 6:13 NASB).
God has ALL he NEEDS and therefore, is “NOT” selfish. “…God is love…” (1 John 4:4-8 KJV). …… [God’s]…love is “NOT” self-seeking” (1 Corinthians 13: 4-8 NIV).  “… “I AM” WHO I AM” (Exodus 3:14-15 NASB).
Because of God’s unselfish, gracious generosity, “I AM what I AM ” (1 Corinthians 15:10 NIV). “…And the LORD God …breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and man became A LIVING SOUL…” (GENESIS 2:7 KJV).
All of creation exists because of God. All of mankind EXISTS because of God. “… In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth … God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.  God blessed them …God saw all that He had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day…” (Genesis 1 NASB),
“…we exist through Him…” (1 Corinthians 8:6 NASB). One day GOD commanded, “….LET US MAKE man … after our likeness (our EXISTENCE) …” (Genesis 1:26 KJV). “…in his OWN image (A CARBON COPY)…..male and female created he them (BOUGHT THEM INTO EXISTENCE)…” (Genesis 1:27 KJV). “…And the LORD God formed man [of] the dust of the ground (body), and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life (spirit); and man became a living soul (soul)…” (GENESIS 2:7 KJV).
“…God is Spirit …” (John 4:24 KJV). “… “I AM” WHO I AM” (Exodus 3:14-15 NASB).
Because of God’s unselfish HOLY LOVE, “I AM what I AM ” (1 Corinthians 15:10 NIV). “…And the LORD God …breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and man became a living (existing) soul…” (GENESIS 2:7 KJV).
Because of God’s HOLY “UNSELFISH” LOVE the believer benefits TREMENDOUSLY in the covenant relationship with HIM!!! 
For EXAMPLE: God IS the atoning sacrifice (1 John 2:2). Therefore, You are the atoned (1 Peter 3:18). God is Salvation (John 3:16). Therefore, You are the saved (Romans 10:9). God is the Light of the World (John 8:12). Therefore, You are the Light of the World (Matthew 5:14). God is the True Vine (John 11:1). Therefore, You are the branches (John 15:1, 5). God is the Good Shepherd (John 10:14). Therefore, You are the sheep (John 10:3).  God is the Door of the Sheep (John 10:7). Therefore, You are the sheep who enter into the door (John 10:4). God is the way, the truth, and the Life (John 11:14). Therefore, You are the ones who enter into the way (Matthew 7:13-14). God is the LIFE (John 11:14). Therefore, You have the Life (John 3:36).  God is the Holy Spirit (John 4:24). Therefore, You have the indwelling HOLY Spirit “IN” you (Romans 8:9).by the GRACE of God I AM (we are) what I AM (we are)” (1 Corinthians 15:10 NIV). “… in him we (YOU) live, and move, and have our (YOUR) being… “ (Acts 17:28 KJV).
“…God is LOVE…” (1 John 4:4-8 KJV). “…God is [UNSELFISH]… LOVE…” (1 John 4:4-8 KJV). “…LOVE …IS NOT SELF-SEEKING…” (1 Corinthians 13: 4-8 NIV). “….Christ “PLEASED” NOT himself…” (Romans 15:3 KJV). “…[Jesus] … came that “they” (YOU) may have life, and have it abundantly….” (John 10:10 KJV).
 It is OBVIOUS that God’s HOLY LOVE places HIS LOVED ONES in a place of priority. God “SPARED NOT his own Son, but delivered him up FOR US ALL” (Romans 8:32 KJV).
He humbly considers the NEEDS and INTERESTS of his loved ones in order to serve them. “… [Jesus]…endured the cross, disregarding its shame….” (Hebrews 12:2 NLT).  OLY LOV “… My righteous servant (Jesus) will make it possible for many to be counted righteous, for he will bear all their sins…” (Isaiah 53:11 NLT).
HOLY LOVE is a selfless LOVE. “…God SHOWED HIS GREAT LOVE FOR US by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners” (Romans 5:7-9 NLT).
HOLY LOVE loves the unlovable. “…For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more…" (Hebrews 8:12 NIV). His “…love covereth a multitude of sins…” (Proverbs 10:12, 1 Peter 4:8 ASV).
HOLY LOVE is a costly and sacrificial love. “….The Son of Man came …to give his life as a ransom for many…" (Matthew 20:28).Father, not My will, but Yours be done…" (Luke 22:42-43 NIV).
God’s type of HOLY LOVE is SO selfless it often clashes with human nature. “….Christ pleased not himself…” (Romans 15:3 KJV).  Jesus said, “I lay down my life” (John 10:17-18 KJV).
God’s HOLY LOVE expresses and communicates selfless love only.OLYH  “… [God’s]… thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are [his]… ways [your]… ways…..as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are [his]… ways higher than your ways and [his]… thoughts than your thoughts…” (Isaiah 55:8-9 ASV).
Human nature naturally harbors selfish thoughts in the heart and thus selfless love becomes a real struggle. “…The trouble is with me, for I am all too human, a slave to [selfishness].I don’t really understand myself, for I want to [be unselfish] …but I don’t... Instead, I do what I hate. So I am not the one doing wrong; it is [the sin of selfishness]… living in me that does it.  And I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. I want to [be unselfish) … [which]… is right, BUT I CAN’T(Romans 7:14-25 NLT).
God’s has a HEALTHY perception of his OWN EXISTENCE that allows him to be totally UNSELFISH. “… I AM WHO I AM ’ This is My name forever…” (Exodus 3:14-15 NASB).  “…I am the Lord, the God of all flesh…” (Jeremiah 32:27 KJV). "… I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God…" (Revelation 1:8 NASB). “… I [AM]… the LORD … the first, and with the last. I am He...'" (Isaiah 41:4 NASB).  “...[I AM]… GOODthere is none good but one, that is, God(Nahum 1:7 & Mark 10:18 KJV). “… [I AM]… love…” (1 John 4:4-8 KJV). “…  I, the Lord, am your healer…” (Exodus 15:26). “… I AM HOLY…” (1 Peter 1:14-16 KJV).  And, There is none holy as the Lord” (1 Samuel 2:2 KJV). “…[I am]… the one who provides …” (2 Corinthians 9:10-13 KJV). “… God will supply all [your need]…” (Philippians 4:19 NASB). “… [God] … will keep in perfect peace all who trust in … [him] …” (Isaiah 26:3 NLT).….[I AM]… [YOUR]… shepherd ….” (PSALM 23:1-3 NLT). “…[I AM]… [YOUR]… rock and [YOUR]… fortress and [YOUR]…deliverer, [YOUR]… GOD, [YOUR]… rock, in whom [YOU]… take refuge; [YOUR]… shield and the horn of [YOUR]… salvation, [YOUR]… stronghold.…" (Psalms 18:3 NASB). “…I AM WITH… [YOU] and  I WILL NOT LEAVE [YOU] ." (Genesis 28:15 ASV).
Therefore, his HOLY LOVE focuses on the interest, well-being, and betterment of his LOVED ones. “I will supply all your NEED” (Philippians 4:19). “…[I]… will generously PROVIDE (supply) all you need. Then you will always have everything you need …” (2 Corinthians 9:8 NLT). “...[I]… careth for you” (1 Peter 5:7 KJV). “…[I]… “WILL” … [take care of]…that which concerns … [you]…” (John 14:31 NASB).
God’s HOLY LOVE is devoted to meeting EVERY and ALL the need of his people. “… [God]… will supply [her]…every need…” (Philippians 4:19 KJV).
God’s HOLY LOVE is naturally unselfish. “…[HE]…emptied himself…” (Philippians 2:7 NASB). Selflessness is a HOLY character trait of LOVE. “…Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is NOT self-seeking” (1 Corinthians 13: 4-8 NIV).  
God’s is faithful to his expression of unselfish, HOLY LOVE. “…God is LOVE…” (1 John 4:4-8 KJV). “…He… remains faithful [to his UNSELFISH love for you]… [He can’t “ever” DENY who he is]...” (2 Timothy 2:13 NLT). “… “I AM” WHO I AM” (Exodus 3:14-15 NASB).
Everything God does and says is an act of unselfish love that is FULL of his amazing GRACE. God “…is “SO” RICH in … GRACE that he purchased our freedom ….and forgave our sins…” (Ephesians 1:7 NLT). “….The exceeding RICHES of his GRACE toward us through Christ Jesus” (Ephesians 2:7 KJV). “God’s GRACE … is—free and undeserved…” (Romans 11:5 NLT).
“…God is LOVE…” (1 John 4:4-8 KJV). “…God is [UNSELFISH]… LOVE…” (1 John 4:4-8 KJV). BECAUSE, “…LOVE …IS NOT SELF-SEEKING…” (1 Corinthians 13: 4-8 NIV).


No comments:

Post a Comment