Friday, August 3, 2018

I DON'T LIKE "SEASONS" OF SUFFERING; DO YOU?!!

                                           
                     SEASONS OF SUFFERING 

 “…Christ … suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps…” (1 Peter 2:21 KJV).


*

Suffering is not an easy topic to write about. Further, it is a hard to accept or see God’s loving justice in suffering of any kind. If we are in a covenant relationship with God through Christ, then suffering is even more confusing and questionable.

Why are we suffering when we supposedly have God on our side? Especially, if we consider ourselves committed, loyal, and faithful followers of Christ. Why should "we" have to experience these "seasons" of suffering.

For instance, we, God's children, have lost love ones through unbelievable types of death. We have lost our health. We have lost spouses. We have lost money. We have lost position. We have lost friendships. We have lost close family ties through divorce. We have lost our renown. We have experienced failure, humiliation, rejection, undeserved blame, isolation, abuse, loneliness, disability, long-term sickness, and poverty of all kinds.

Yes, the bible says, “…Christ … suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps…” (1 Peter 2:21 KJV). And, we know, the bible also provides ample stories about God’s people who had to endure some kind of suffering, but it is "STILL" hard to understand "seasons" of suffering. 
The book of Job is one of the prime examples of a "season" of suffering.

Job was a faithful servant of God “…perfect and upright and one that feareth God and escheweth evil…” yet he experienced a horrendous season of suffering (Job 1:1 KJV).

In fact, God allowed or permitted the season of suffering Job endured and “without cause.” “And the Lord said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause” (Job 2:3 KJV).

Job’s suffering and pain was unbearable to read about or even imagine, but he endured it without blaming God. “In all of this, Job did not sin by blaming God” (Job 1:22 KJV). At first glance, it seems Job’s suffering served no just, spiritual, or wise purpose. It is not unusual to question God’s LOVE during difficult times. “And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish? (Mark 4:38 KJV).

How can God be loving when he allows or permits suffering? “…although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause” (Job 2:3 KJV). Eventually, Job has questions too. Why died I not from the womb? why did I not give up the ghost when I came out of the belly?” (Job 3:11 KJV). “I know it is so of a truth: but how should man be just with God?” (Job 9:2 KJV). If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come” (Job 14:14 KJV).

Job’s suffering didn’t make sense to him and he couldn’t find an adequate or justifiable answer. Asking questions is the best way to find answers. Elihu told Job, “…I would seek unto God, and unto God would I commit my cause…” (Job 5:9 KJV). Wise men always sought God (Matthew 1:1-12). Seek the LORD and his strength, seek his face continually” (1 Chronicles 16:11 KJV).

… those that seek me early shall find me” (Proverbs 8:17 KJV). “…seek, and ye shall find… (Matthew 7:7-8 KJV). “The LORD [is] goodto the soul [that] seeketh him…” (Lamentations 3:25 KJV). When suffering “...call upon [God]… in the day of trouble: [He] will deliver [you]…” (Psalms 50:15 KJV).  Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near…” (Isaiah 55:6-7 KJV). “Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon” (Isaiah 44:6-7 KJV).

However, when suffering, looking for answers or explanations in finite humans; misses the whole point. “For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself”(Galatians 6:3 KJV). Job’s friends looked for answers in Job by accusing him of some secret sin and Job thought it was about himself too. “[It is] better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man” (Psalms 118:9 KJV).

Are [Job and his friends]… saying, then, that God was unfair? Of course [he’s]…not! For God said to Moses, “I will show mercy to anyone I choose, and I will show compassion to anyone I choose.” So it is God who decides to show mercy. We can neither choose it nor work for it” (Romans 9:14-16 NLT). 
God has the sovereign right to do what he wants with our lives whether we like it or not.  “…If the Lord will, [I] shall live, and do this, or that...” (James 4:16 KJV).

WE BELONG TO HIM; RIGHT? When the sovereignty of God is realized and we finally surrender to the fact that God is in control. We humbly agree, “…it is God who decides to show mercy. We can neither choose it nor work for it” (Romans 9:14-16 NLT).

Elihu was instrumental in showing Job and his friends this truth. “Wherefore, Job, I pray thee, hear my speeches, and hearken to all my words. Behold, now I have opened my mouth, my tongue hath spoken in my mouth. My words shall be of the uprightness of my heart: and my lips shall utter knowledge clearly. The spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life. If thou canst answer me, set thy words in order before me, stand up. Behold, I am according to thy wish in God's stead: I also am formed out of the clay. Behold, my terror shall not make thee afraid, neither shall my hand be heavy upon thee. Surely thou hast spoken in mine hearing, and I have heard the voice of thy words, saying, I am clean without transgression, I am innocent; neither is there iniquity in me. Behold, he findeth occasions against me, he counteth me for his enemy, He putteth my feet in the stocks, he marketh all my paths. Behold, in this thou art not just: I will answer thee, that God is greater than man. Why dost thou strive against him? for he giveth not account of any of his matters” (Job 33:1-9 KJV).For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself”(Galatians 6:3 KJV).

Suffering is something Christ did as well. “…Christ … suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps…” (1 Peter 2:21 KJV). God “spared not his own Son, [from suffering,] but delivered him up for us all….?” (Romans 8:32 KJV).

We are to follow in his footsteps, which means suffering will be a part of the human experience; even for believers. “…Christ … suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps…” (1 Peter 2:21 KJV).

God’s standard is HOLINESS and suffering is sometimes a part of his Sovereign wisdom for developing that holiness. Job’s suffering elicited a deeper level of holy humility. “Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not” (Job 42:3 KJV). “You asked, ‘Who is this that questions my wisdom with such ignorance?’ It is I—and I was talking about things I knew nothing about, things far too wonderful for me” (Job 42:3 NLT).

Regardless of Job’s lack of agreement and understanding of God’s sovereign reasons for his suffering, Job ultimately needed to surrender to God’s omniscient, finite decision to use Satan to further develop his spiritual life. He needed to trust or depend upon God's reasons for all allowing him to go through this "season" of suffering. I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee” (Job 42:5 KJV).

God was using the season of suffering to further REVEAL himself to Job. God was using this season to deepen Job's respect for God's SOVEREIGNTY as the one whose is in control of ALL things God was using this season to further develop Job spiritually. Therefore, God’s corrects Job through Elihu. “…Then was kindled the wrath of Elihu the son of Barachel the Buzite, of the kindred of Ram: against Job was his wrath kindled, because he justified himself rather than God. Also against his three friends was his wrath kindled, because they had found no answer, and yet had condemned Job(Job 33:1-10 KJV).

Job defended himself as a righteous man and he questioned the wisdom of God for allowing him to suffer, whether intentional or unintentional, it was nonetheless a provocation to God’s sovereignty. So these three men ceased to answer Job, because he was righteous in his own eyes. Then was kindled the wrath of Elihu the son of Barachel the Buzite, of the kindred of Ram: against Job was his wrath kindled, because he justified himself rather than God. Also against his three friends was his wrath kindled, because they had found no answer, and yet had condemned Job…” (Job 33:1-10 KJV).

God wants YOU, his people, to grow and develop spiritually above ALL else and become HOLY as he is HOLY. . “…be holy, because I am holy…” (1 Peter 1:16 KJV). In the New Testament, even Jesus learned obedience by the things he suffered (Hebrews 5:8). A “season of suffering” is similar to a period of pruning that aims at stimulating growth and more fruit bearing (John 15:2).

Holy humility is the best response to the omniscient will of God and his use of trials in our lives. “Then the Lord answered Job from the whirlwind: “Who is this that questions my wisdom with such ignorant words?” (Job 38:2 NLT).

What we are to learn, in the story of Job is to trust God WHEN we don’t understand, BECAUSE we don’t understand, and SINCE our understanding is finite at best. “…I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not” (Job 42:3 KJV). 
God challenged Job on his finiteness (limited humanness) in comparison to his infiniteness (ultimate holiness). God said to Job: “Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding. Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it? Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof; When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy? Or who shut up the sea with doors, when it brake forth, as if it had issued out of the womb? When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddling band for it, And brake up for it my decreed place, and set bars and doors,  And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed?” (Job 38:4-11 KJV).

It is only human or natural, during times of suffering, to question God. Job’s questions eventually helped him uncover and seek pertinent information found in God ALONE. In the midst of his mind-boggling suffering, like David, Job  sought the LORD, and he heard [him], and delivered [him]… from all [his] fears...” (Psalm 34:4 KJV). 
When Job sought the Lord, in the midst of his "season" of suffering he GAINED revelation knowledge of God he NEVER had before!I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee... (now "I" have revelation knowledge of you)...” (Job 42:5 KJV).

God answers Job in chapter 38 with his own set of questions and finite truths. “…The Lord answered Job” (Job 38: 2 KJV). It is God’s response to Job that leads him to spiritual growth and to surrender to the God control. By trusting in God's sovereignty over ALL that has happen, whether he like it or not, Job finds peace to his many questions. Then Job answered the Lord, and said, I know that thou canst do every thing, and that no thought can be withholden from thee…I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee. Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes” (Job 42:1, 6 KJV). “Then Job replied to the Lord: “I know that you can do anything, and no one can stop you. I had only heard about you before, but now I have seen you with my own eyes. I take back everything I said, and I sit in dust and ashes to show my repentance” (Job 42:1,6 NLT). 
Apostle Paul find PEACE in God's CONTROL over his life; HE SAID: “…I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want…” Philippians 4:11-12 NIV). His secret, “…I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” (Philippians 4:13 KJV).

Therefore, Job’s suffering was not merely about what happened TO him, but also what happened IN him. “…but now mine eye seeth thee…” (Job 42:1, 6 KJV). Godly enlightenment or revelatory knowledge about God is about spiritual growth and development.

It is clear, in the book of Job, that Satan cannot do anything to you, without permission from God. God is sovereign over every created thing, angel, or person and establishes boundaries as he pleases. “And the Lord said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the Lord” (Job 1:12 KJV).And the Lord said unto Satan, Behold, he is in thine hand; but save his life” (Job 2:9 KJV).

We all question God whenever we go through horrendous trials; not understanding, agreeing, or even approving our "season" of suffering, but often God’s “…ways [are]… past finding out…” (Romans 11:33-34 KJV).

Job teaches us that suffering has nothing to do with punishment, but is based exclusively on God’s sovereign right to use suffering to prune you, develop you, test you, correct you, make you holy, or enlighten you further through his revelatory knowledge. The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way” (Psalms 37:23 KJV).

The bottom line, God is worthy of all praise regardless of what we face in this life! “..though he slay me, yet will I trust in him…” (Job 13:15 KJV). Job said, “Naked I came from my mother’s womb, And naked I shall return there. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away. Blessed be the name of the Lord…” Job 1:20-22 NASB). “…I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” (Philippians 4:13 KJV).

One of the greatest conclusions of Job’s suffering was his new revelatory knowledge of God. “…but now mine eye seeth thee…” (Job 42:1, 6 KJV). It demonstrates one of the reasons YOU need to trust or depend upon God during suffering whether you agree with it or not. “…[Entrust yourself]… to him who judges justly…” (1 Peter 2:19-23 NIV). 
Job sought God during his "season" of suffering and found him. Job developed spiritually through revelatory knowledge of God, he became MORE humble, and he GAINED a deeper respect for God's SOVEREIGNTY. Apostle Paul said, “….everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus [our]… Lord. For his sake I have discarded EVERYTHING else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ” (Philippians 3:8 NLT).

Job’s story is a classic example of suffering and demonstrates God cares about your spiritual development. God cares about the “…hidden man of the heart…” (1 Peter 3:4 KJV). The bible says all things work together for good: GOD'S GOOD. “…All things work together for GOOD (God’s kind of good) to them that LOVE GOD, to them who are THE CALLED to his purpose” (Romans 8:28 KJV). God's GOOD is ultimately your absolute GOOD!!

Hard tests means that the “working together for good” will, most likely, include some aspect of suffering. The finished work of Christ on the cross was accomplished through a season of suffering. “…After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, … he said, It is finished:” (John 19:28-30 KJV). Suffering is not punishment or a negative state of being, but a pruning that will result in MORE blessings!

Once Job was pruned through God’s careful and sovereign wisdom, he received a double blessings for all he had loss. “…Also the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before. The LORD blessed the latter days of Job more than his beginning…” (Job 42:10, 12 KJV).

Job’s spiritual development had a priority over all that Job lost. “seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you…” (Matthew 6:33 KJV).

Most people believe that the greatest part of Job’s story was his double, temporary, outward material blessings and not his double, eternal, inward intangible blessings which is priceless!! You are NOT truly WEALTHY unless you are prosperous and RICH both SPIRITUALLY and MATERIALLY

God said Job was already “blameless and upright”. “..There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil.” “” (Job 1:7-12 NIV). “…Through all [his suffering]… Job did not sin nor did he blame God “ Job 1:20-22 NASB). However, Job still NEEDED to “GROW in grace, and in the (revelatory) knowledge of our Lord (the WORD, GOD, etc). To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.”(Matthew 23:27-28 KJV). 
NO MATTER HOW SPIRITUAL YOU THINK YOU ARE; AS FAR AS GOD IS CONCERNED, THERE IS "ALWAYS" ROOM FOR SPIRITUAL GROWTH! YOU WILL NEVER ARRIVE AS LONG AS YOU ARE IN THIS FLESHY BODY! CONTINUE TO ALLOW GOD TO DEVELOP YOU SPIRITUALLY... EVERY DAY OF YOUR LIFE!

According to the bible, Job “did” not sin and was considered a “blameless and upright man.” God is the one who COMPLIMENTED Job in this way. However, “...God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart”(1 Samuel 16:7 NASB). God KNEW Job could grow DEEPER and made a way to GIVE or BLESS him with a DOUBLE portion of spiritual growth and development! Therefore, “….all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose…” (ROMANS 8:28 KJV. “…the plans [God has]…for you….[are]… plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future” (Jeremiah 29:11 NIV). 

After his season of suffering, Job was still “blameless and upright” but had grown DOUBLY SPIRITUAL!!! He gained a deeper humility towards God, a greater revelatory knowledge of God, and a more profound respect for God’s sovereignty.

Paul said, “….everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus [our]… Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ” (Philippians 3:8 NLT).

Therefore, spiritually and materially “…the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before. The LORD blessed the latter days of Job more than his beginning…”(Job 42:10, 12 KJV). What concluded Job’s suffering?

First Job repented. “Then Job replied to the Lord: “…I take back everything I said, and I sit in dust and ashes to show my repentance” (Job 42:1-6 NLT). Second he prayed for his friends. “…When Job prayed for his friends, the Lord restored his fortunes…” (Job 42:10 NLT). 
God had FORGIVEN Job when he repented and he encouraged Job to be LIKE him by FORGIVING his friends. "....Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you..." (Ephesians 4:32 NASB).

Job’s friends had given him “dark counsel” (Job 38:2) and implied that his suffering was a sign of God’s punishment for some personal sin. They were WRONG! Their “dark counsel” made Job defensive about his own righteousness and contributed to influencing him to question God.

Job’s friends were wrong in their assessment of God toward Job and so was Job in his assessment of God toward his suffering. However, after Job’s conversation with God, he repented. “Then Job replied to the Lord: “I know that you can do anything, and no one can stop you. You asked, ‘Who is this that questions my wisdom with such ignorance?’ It is I—and I was talking about things I knew nothing about, things far too wonderful for me. You said, ‘Listen and I will speak! I have some questions for you, and you must answer them.’ I had only heard about you before, but now I have seen you with my own eyes.  I take back everything I said, and I sit in dust and ashes to show my repentance” (Job 42:1-6 NLT). 
Job repented and God instructed him to pray for his friends. Job ministered to his accusing friends in prayer at God’s command."....Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you..." (Ephesians 4:32 NASB).

Job had needed forgiveness too! “Then Job replied to the Lord: “… ‘Who is this that questions my wisdom with such ignorance?’ It is I—and I was talking about things I knew nothing about, things far too wonderful for me.” (Job 42:1-6 NLT). Job demonstrated a deeper humility before God.

Job also said, “…I had only heard about you before, but I have seen you with my own eyes” (Job 42:1-6 NLT). Job was experiencing direct communication with God. “…Then Job replied to the Lord… “You said, ‘Listen and I will speak...” (Job 42:1-6 NLT). Job demonstrated he needed a deeper revelation knowledge of God. 

In addition, “... Job replied to the Lord: “I know that you can do anything, and no one can stop you…” (Job 42:1-6 NLT). Job also demonstrated he needed to gain a deeper respect for God’s sovereignty and it resulted in godly sorrow. “…For the sorrow that is according to the will of God produces a repentance without regret, leading to salvation…” (2 Corinthians 7:10 NIV). “… I take back everything I said, and I sit in dust and ashes to show my repentance” (Job 42:1-6 NLT). God FORGAVE Job.

Eventually Job questions stop, especially after God challenges him. “Have you understood the expanse of the earth? Tell me [Job], if you know ALL this” (Job 38:18 NIV). Job replied “I have declared that which I did not understand” (Job 42:3). “… there is none like unto thee, O LORD; thou art great, and thy name is great in might.” (Jeremiah 10:6 KJV).

After pruning or his "season" of suffering, Job repented, was FORGIVEN, and was instructed to pray for his friends. “…When Job prayed for his friends, the Lord restored his fortunes…”(Job 42:10 NLT).

 Ministering to his friends, through forgiveness and prayer, was the zenith of his "season" of suffering. Once Job repented, was shown mercy and forgiveness himself, was restored, and graduated from his own personal lessons, he  HUMBLY interceded for Eliphaz, Bildad, and Zophar “…and the Lord accepted Job’s prayer…” (Job 42:9 NLT). “….pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much…” (James 5:16 NASB).
JOB HAD BECOME A "GREATER," BLAMELESS AND UPRIGHT MAN OF GOD THROUGH HIS "SEASON" OF SUFFERING!! 

“…When Job prayed for his friends, the Lord restored his fortunes…” (Job 42:10 NLT). “…So the Lord blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning: … So Job died, being old, and FULL of days...” (Job 42:12-17 KJV).

All human suffering “IS” Christ "WORKING THINGS TOGETHER" which culminates with a promise: “….that all things work together FOR GOOD to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose…” (ROMANS 8:28 KJV. “…THE PLANS [God has]…for you….[are]… plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans TO GIVE YOU hope and a future” (Jeremiah 29:11 NIV).

In order to fully benefit from suffering it is important to “…live by faith (by depending upon God), not by sight (not what you see)….” (2 Corinthians 5:7 KJV). In order to look forward to deliverance from a "season" of suffering and bear its affliction, one must have faith (or depend upon God) that they will overcome. “…In this [fallen] world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer, [God has]… OVERCOME the world…” (John 16:33 KJV).

Only those “in” Christ who “…live by faith, not by sight...” will overcome (2 Corinthians 5:7 KJV). Many people, including believers, go through seasons of suffering from which they are not delivered and from which the affliction defeats them. Many will NOT “…live by faith, [but]… by sight...” thus will NOT overcome (2 Corinthians 5:7 KJV).

Many will NOT believe God, “….that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose…” (ROMANS 8:28 KJV). OR THEY WILL  simply NOT BELIEVE or DEPEND upon God. “…the plans [God has]…for [them]…. plans to prosper [them].. and not to harm [them]…, plans to give [them]… hope and a future” (Jeremiah 29:11 NIV).

God alone “….[calls]… you out of darkness into his marvellous light…” (1 Peter 2:9 KJV). God alone, “…. delivered [you].. out of all [your]..trouble…” (Psalms 54:7 KJV). “This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles” (Psalms 34:6 KJV).

God alone, “…in his kindness [has]…called you to share in his eternal glory by means of Christ Jesus. So after you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation” (1 Peter 5:10 NLT).

“…for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin (grow in HOLINESS)…” (1 Peter 4:1-3 KJV). God alone, sees the “…hidden man of the heart…” (1 Peter 3:4 KJV). “…The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart” (1 Samuel 16:7 NIV). “…So after you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation” (1 Peter 5:10 NLT).

God cares about your spiritual growth and development. “grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord (the WORD, GOD, etc.)… ”(Matthew 23:27-28 KJV).

“...God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart”(1 Samuel 16:7 NASB). Job grew in HOLY humility, revelation, and sovereign respect. “…God …predestined [you] to be conformed to the image of his Son…” (Romans 8:29 NIV). Jesus said, “…I am gentle and humble in heart” (Matthew 11:29 NIV). What you know will puff you up, but WHO you know will humble you.

Which would be a priority to God your outward attachments or your inward HOLY character? “…he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin (or gained holiness)… (1 Peter 4:1-3 KJV). “..In the day of prosperity be happy, But in the day of adversity consider-- God has made the one as well as the other…” (Ecclesiastes 7:14  NASB).

Anyone who wants to be my follower must love me far more than he does his own father, mother, wife, children, brothers, or sisters—yes, more than his own life [or any other outward attachments]—otherwise he cannot be my disciple” (Luke 14:26 NLT). “.. For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.” (1 John 2:16-17 NLT).

“…Christ … suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps…” (1 Peter 2:21 KJV). Suffering is not so much about what is or what has happened TO you as much as what is happening or what has happened IN you. God’s priority is the “…hidden man of the heart…” (1 Peter 3:4 KJV).

We are blessed, NOT simply for the mere outward things, how limiting, but for the inward blessings or for possessing the “riches of his glory (his presence)...” The REAL blessing is that God has “… [made] known… [to you]...the riches of the glory … which is Christ in you (God's HOLY presence!!!)…” (Colossians 1:27 KJV). “Christ in YOU” is a double blessing which includes unlimited outward and inward blessings!!!!!

“…As many as are the promises of God, in Him they are yesalsoAmen” (2 Corinthians 1:20 NASB). “And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will (outward or inward requests), he heareth us” (1 John 5:14 KJV). “…You can ask for anything (a house or for ANSWERS) in my name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father.  Yes, ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it...” (John 14:12-14 NLT).  “…Not one of the good promises which the Lord had made … failed; all came to pass…” (Joshua 21:45 NASB).  “He has granted to [you]… His precious and magnificent promises…” (2 Peter 1:4 NASB).

“…And God has given [you] his Spirit as proof that [you]… live in him and he in [you]…” (1 John 4:13 NLT). Therefore, “…Christ … suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps…” (1 Peter 2:21 KJV).

Christ suffered for you and when you suffer, he suffers “WITH YOU. [God can]… be touched with the feeling of our infirmities…(Hebrews 4:15 KJV).

Jesus enables you to endure suffering, “…that ye should follow his steps…” (1 Peter 2:21 KJV). “[You] can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth [you]...” (Philippians 4:13 KJV).

But even greater, not only does Jesus suffer with you, enable you to go through suffering, but he will absorb the suffering FOR YOU!! “….Verily I say unto you, inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these, my brethren, YE HAVE DONE IT TO ME. (Matthew 25:40 KJV).

Furthermore, when you go through horrendous suffering you can cast your cares on Jesus. “...Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.” (1 Peter 5:7 KJV).  You can cast your cares for whatever you are suffering, because Christ already suffered for you on the cross. In order to cast something, you have to let it go.

“...Christ … suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps…” (1 Peter 2:21 KJV). “…When he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly” (1 Peter 2:19-23 NIV). Therefore, the example he left us to follow is to entrust ourselves to Jesus during suffering!

The pain, if you give it to him by faith, becomes his pain. Jesus personally took on those hurtful experiences on the cross, even before they happened. He already suffered for you when “…he was pierced for our rebellion, crushed for our sins. He was beaten so we could be whole. He was whipped so we could be healed…” (Isaiah 53:5 NLT).

Whatever you suffer, Avenge not yourselves, beloved, but give place unto the wrath of God, for it is written: "Vengeance belongeth unto to me; I will recompense (repay)," saith the Lord…” (Romans 12:19 ASV).

When you give it to God through Christ, he takes your suffering upon himself. Follow his example and entrust yourself to God. “...Christ … suffered for us (already), leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps…” (1 Peter 2:21 KJV). “…When he suffered, …he entrusted himself to him who judges justly” (1 Peter 2:19-23 NIV). “…that ye should follow his steps…” (1 Peter 2:21 KJV).

God took care of your suffering on the cross. When his disciples were suffering by the hands of Saul, Jesus took it personally. “And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest, And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem. And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven: And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou ME? And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutes (Acts 9:1-7 KJV).

When you learn follow God's instructions and DEPEND upon God, peacefully, through the things you suffer you “…have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. [You]… know what it is to be in need, and [you] ...know what it is to have plenty. [You]..have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want” (Philippians 4:11-12 NIV). YOU, “…can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth [you]....” (Philippians 4:13 KJV).

This is the key to ENDURING A SEASON OF SUFFERING: “…[Jesus]… was beaten so we could be whole. He was whipped so we could be healed…” (Isaiah 53:5 NLT). Jesus suffers with you. Jesus enables you to go through suffering. Jesus absorbs your suffering. Jesus already suffered for you when he took your suffering upon himself on the cross!

Therefore, “…[You] can do “all things” through Christ which strengtheneth [you]....” (Philippians 4:13 KJV). God has “… [made] known… [to you]...the riches of the glory … which is Christ in you…” (Colossians 1:27 KJV).

“…[Jesus]… was beaten so we could be whole. He was whipped so we could be healed…” (Isaiah 53:5 NLT). Therefore, “...Christ … suffered for [you already]…” (1 Peter 2:21 KJV). …Thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ” (1 Corinthians 15:57 KJV). “…Thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place” (2 Corinthians 2:14 KJV). “For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith” (1 John 5:4 KJV).

Therefore, when you suffer “…[entrust yourself]…to him who judges justly” (1 Peter 2:19-23 NIV). “...Christ … suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps…” (1 Peter 2:21 KJV). When you are suffering through things, “…let the peace of God rule (or the kingdom of God rule) in your hearts ” (Colossians 3:15-17 KJV). Remember, “[God’s]…kingdom [has] come. [God’s] will be done in earth (which is you), as it is in heaven” (Matthew 6:10 KJV). “ we have this treasure in earthen vessels…” (2 Corinthians 4:6-7 KJV).

“…In earth (which is you; earthen vessels), as it is in heaven” (Matthew 6:10 KJV). In heaven, “…God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away…” (Revelation 21:3-4 KJV). “…thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth….” (Luke 11:2 KJV).  

Physical death causes suffering, but “…I tell you, whoever obeys my word  (or follows my instructions) will never see death (John 8:51 KJV).  “And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?” (John 8:51 KJV). “[God’s]…kingdom [has] come. [God’s] will be done in earth, as it is in heaven” (Matthew 6:10 KJV). “…God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away…” (Revelation 21:3-4 KJV). “…thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth….” (Luke 11:2 KJV). “…Believest thou this?” (John 8:51 KJV).
I DON'T LIKE "SEASONS" OF SUFFERING, BUT I WILL DEPEND UPON GOD THROUGH IT ALL AND "KNOW" IT IS ALL WORKING TOGETHER FOR AN ULTIMATE GOOD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment