Wednesday, August 1, 2018

YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED



                                        
A HOPE/EXPECTANCY THAT WON'T DISAPPOINT


“….to give you an EXPECTED end…” (Jeremiah 29:11 KJV).

*

Hope is to expect something from God based on his promises. To expect something from God based on his promises is to look forward to it happening. To look forward to the promise happening is being confident that God will do what he says, in his word, he will do. Being confident that God will do what he says he will do is also knowing you WILL NOT be disappointed.  “…HOPE DOES NOT DISAPPOINT… (ROMANS 5:5 NASB).

God promises you “hope” and a “future” (Jeremiah 29:11 KJV). For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end…” (Jeremiah 29:11 KJV).  “…For the Scripture says, "WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM (DEPENDS UPON HIM) WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED …" (ROMANS 10:11 NASB). “… HE WHO BELIEVES IN HIM  (DEPENDS UPON HIM) WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED … (ROMANS 9:33 NASB). “…To You [GOD]… they cried out and were delivered; In You they trusted (they depended upon) and WERE NOT DISAPPOINTED ... (PSALMS 22:5 NASB).

The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord:” (Psalms 37:23 KJV). THEREFORE, …trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths” (Proverbs 3:5-6 KJV). “…The LORD will accomplish (take care of)…that which concerns [you]…” (John 14:31 NASB). "WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM  (DEPENDS UPON HIM) WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED…" (ROMANS 10:11 NASB). “…HOPE (EXPECTANCY IN GOD) DOES NOT DISAPPOINT … (ROMANS 5:5 NASB).

In other words, the individual who hopes in God OR expects him to act on his unfailing word will NOT be disappointed. They can be confident they will receive what they hope for without fail. “…As many as are the promises of God, in Him they are yesalsoAmen” (2 Corinthians 1:20 NASB).

And this is the confidence that we have in him (in the WORD), that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us” (1 John 5:14 KJV). “…You can ask for anything in my name (in JESUS OR in my WORD), and I will do it, so that the Son (the WORD) can bring glory (bring revelation) to the Father.  Yes, ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it...” (John 14:12-14 NLT).  “…Not one of the good promises which the Lord had made … failed; all came to pass…” (Joshua 21:45 NASB).  “He has granted to [you]… His precious and magnificent promises…” (2 Peter 1:4 NASB).

Therefore, “…walk by faith (by dependency upon God)...” (2 Corinthians 5:7 KJV). "WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM (DEPENDS UPON HIM) WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED…" (ROMANS 10:11 NASB). “…HOPE (EXPECTANCY IN GOD) DOES NOT DISAPPOINT… (ROMANS 5:5 NASB).

With all this said, my biggest challenge is NOT whether God will do what he says he do, because I absolutely believe and have experienced throughout my life…that HE WILL.

My challenge comes when praying for my love ones or others who I’ve been told have FREE will. Will “HOPE disappoint me then? Can I EXPECT God to answer my prayers for those with FREE will? I don’t know about you, but I have personally struggled with this aspect of hope and expectancy.

The established Christian doctrine (Calvinism, Reformed Theology, etc.) says every human being has the FREE will to choose God or not. Others believe that people, based on the notion of an “enslaved” WILL, cannot choose God, without his help.

I am not in the position to debate this topic. However, maybe like you, I want to know HOW I should pray for the lost, the rebellious, the backslider, the harden heart, or those whose “FREE” will has them living contrary to God’s will and God’s ways.

Does a person have “FREE” will when up against God’s SOVEREIGN will? “… I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore CHOOSE life” (Deuteronomy 30:19 KJV). This scripture is one of the scriptures often used to support “FREE” will.

Then again the bible reads: The trouble is with me, for I am all too human, a slave to sin. …I want to do what is right, but I can’t. …I [am] …a slave to the sin that is … within me. …Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin? Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord…(Romans 7:14-25 NLT). AND No one can come to me EXCEPT the Father which hath sent Me draw him;” (John 6:44 KJV). “…I … will draw all men unto me…” (John 12:32 KJV).  “….apart from Me, you can do nothing…” (John 15:5 NIV). Theses passages tell me that the human will is NOT FREE when it comes to living righteous.

The human “will” is enslaved to sin and nothing reveals that as much as so-called “FREE” willed people who cannot “choose righteousness,” even if they wanted to because of the sin “within.” “…The trouble is with me, for I am all too human, a slave to sin. …I want to do what is right, but I CAN'T. …I [am] …a slave to the sin that is … within me. …Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin? Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord…(Romans 7:14-25 NLT).

I agree we all possess a will, but it is an enslaved will, until we make Jesus, Lord.  We know that we are God’s children, and that the whole world lies under the power of the evil one” (1 John 5:19 RSV). Therefore, …at one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another…” (Titus 3:3 RSV).

The question remains: Does a person have “FREE” will? On the one hand, people all over the world make choices on a daily basis. In the daily life of making choices people appear to FREELY make then without any outside forces, or influences, or limitations. Of course, within the law and within ethical boundaries, people happily choose whatever their heart desires. “FREE” will right?

“FREE” will says that people can do whatever their hearts desire to the degree nobody, nothing, no one; not even God; can stop them. People “FREELY” make choices. Your “FREE” will, however, is limited by your ability, your available options, and your personal power.

We have already read the scripture: “… I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life” (Deuteronomy 30:19). Jesus is “…the way and the truth, and the LIFE…” (John 14:6).No one can come to me EXCEPT the Father which hath sent Me draw him;” (John 6:44 KJV). “…I … will draw all men unto me…” (John 12:32 KJV).  “….apart from Me, you can do nothing…” (John 15:5 NIV).

Scripture is telling me that so-called “FREE” will is incapable, on its own, to choose LIFE - Jesus is “…the way and the truth, and the LIFE…” (John 14:6) – without God’s provisional Help; “…. you can do nothing…” (John 15:5 NIV).

“… I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life” (Deuteronomy 30:19). Even though, the bible says “….choose life…” without God; people can only “FREELY” choose death or between one sin or another sin. “…through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin…” (Romans 5:12 KJV).“…when I want to do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong.  I [am] …a slave to the sin that is … within me. (Romans 7:14-25 NLT). “….apart from Me (Jesus), you can do nothing…” (John 15:5 NIV).

The trouble is with me, for I am all too human, a slave to sin. I don’t really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don’t do it. Instead, I do what I hate. So I am not the one doing wrong; it is sin living in me that does it.  And I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. I want to do what is right, but I can’t. I want to do what is good, but I don’t.

I don’t want to do what is wrong, but I do it anyway. I have discovered this principle of life—that when I want (WILL) to do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong.  I [am] …a slave to the sin that is … within me. Oh, what a miserable person I am!

Who will free me from this life that is DOMINATED by sin? Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord…(Romans 7:14-25 NLT). “….apart from Me (Jesus), you can do nothing…” (John 15:5 NIV).

FREE” will is limited to choices within the realm of “evil one.” the whole world lies under the POWER of the evil one…” (1 John 5:19 RSV). “…Who will free me from this life that is DOMINATED by sin? Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord…(Romans 7:14-25 NLT). We are still pondering the question: Does a person have “FREE” will?

“… I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life” (Deuteronomy 30:19) OR “…Choose you this day whom ye will serve….” (Joshua 24:15 KJV). These two scriptures implicitly imply “FREE” will, but John 15:16 says: “...You did not choose me but I chose you, and appointed you…” (John 15:16 ASV). 

NO ONE can COME to me EXCEPT the Father which hath sent Me DRAW HIM;” (John 6:44 KJV). “…I … WILL DRAW all men unto me…” (John 12:32 KJV).  “….apart from Me, you can do nothing…” (John 15:5 NIV).

God is saying - in these verses we use to support “FREE” will - to “CHOOSE.” However, God also lets us know we cannot “CHOOSE” everything, especially the things pertaining to spiritual LIFE. When the human will is limited to simply choosing “SIN” it will, no doubt’, reject God: “…Who will free me from this life that is DOMINATED by sin?The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord…(Romans 7:14-25 NLT). “…if the Son…shall make you FREE, ye shall be FREE indeed.” (John 8:36 KJV). “….apart from [Christ]… you can do nothing…”(John 15:5 NIV).God is not a man that he should lie…. hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?” (Numbers 23:19 KJV).

If God made you free, your human will is also “FREE.” I think I’m coming to the conclusion that “FREE” human will can only be experienced when Jesus sets it “FREE.” “…if the Son…shall make you FREE, ye shall be FREE indeed.” (John 8:36 KJV).

However, my challenge is praying for my love ones or others who I’ve been told have FREE will. The FREE will of John 8:36. “…if the Son…shall make you FREE, ye shall be FREE indeed.” (John 8:36 KJV).

Again, I ask will “HOPE disappoint me? Can I EXPECT God to answer my prayers for those with so-called FREE human will? I personally struggle with this aspect of hope and expectancy. I truly want to know HOW I should pray for the rebellious, the carnal, the backslider, the harden heart, the wayward, or the disobedient, whose “FREE” human will has them living a lifestyle contrary to God’s will and God’s ways.

We know this for sure: “…it is God who worketh in you, both to WILL and to do of His good pleasure” (Philippians 2:13 KJV). “…To WILL and to DO…” implies that God’s Spirit wields so much internal, glorious power it intervenes and enables the human will and human actions to miraculously choose ways that please God. “…NOW UNTO HIM THAT IS “ABLE” TO DO exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us…” (Ephesians 3:20 KJV). “…And the prayer of faith SHALL save the sick (even the sin sick human will), and the Lord SHALL raise him up…” (James 5:15 KJV).

…God who worketh in you, both to will and to do...” (Philippians 2:13 KJV). . “…NOW UNTO HIM THAT IS “ABLE” TO DOaccording to the power that worketh in us…” (Ephesians 3:20 KJV). The Holy Spirit whose WORK in you or in your life is NEVER forceful. However, the Holy Spirit can wield a POWERFUL, SOVEREIGN, intervention that can result in a course of events that can encourage the altering of the human will. “…both to will and to do of His good pleasure” (Philippians 2:13 KJV).

An Sovereign intervention is one where the Almighty God comes through or in between situations and circumstances in ways that heavily IMPACT human will. “….For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus…” (1 Timothy 2:5 KJV).

God warns his “FREED” people, “…[IF]..after [having] escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, [you]… are entangled therein and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb. The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire…” (2 Peter 2:20-22 KJV).

However, God says to pray for them: “….Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms. Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: And THE PRAYER OF FAITH “SHALL” save the sick (even the sin sick human will), and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months. And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit. Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert (change) him; Let him know, that he which converteth (change) the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins” (James 5:13-20 KJV).

“…Are any of you suffering hardships? You should pray. Are any of you happy? You should sing praises. Are any of you sick? You should call for the elders of the church to come and pray over you, anointing you with oil in the name of the Lord. Such a prayer offered in faith will heal the sick (heal the sick human will), and the Lord will make you well. And if you have committed any sins, you will be forgiven. Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results. Elijah was as human as we are, and yet when he prayed earnestly that no rain would fall, none fell for three and a half years! Then, when he prayed again, the sky sent down rain and the earth began to yield its crops. My dear brothers and sisters, if someone among you wanders away from the truth and is brought back, you can be sure that whoever brings the sinner back from wandering will save that person from death and bring about the forgiveness of many sins…” (James 5:13-20 NLT).

This scripture says: “….And the PRAYER OF FAITH “SHALL” save the sick (even the sin sick human will), and THE LORD “SHALL” raise him up…” (James 5:15). I started thinking about Lazarus. “…..This sickness is not unto death, but for the GLORY of God (the revelation of God's presence)…” (John 11:4 KJV).

“…Jesus said to her (Lazarus sister), "Did I not say to you that if you believe (if you depend upon God), you will SEE THE GLORY OF GOD (the revelation of God's PRESENCE)?…” (John 10:40 NASB). “…Jesus said…I AM the resurrection and I AM the life…..” (John 11:25 KJV). “And HE THAT WAS DEAD CAME FORTH, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go...” (John 11:43-44 KJV).

Let's put the scriptures “….HE THAT WAS DEAD CAME FORTH...” (John 11) together with “…THE LORD SHALL raise him up…” (James 5). Then think about: “….I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?” (Jeremiah 32:27 KJV). . “…NOW UNTO HIM THAT IS “ABLE” to doaccording to the power that worketh in us…” (Ephesians 3:20 KJV).  

Therefore, …trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths…” (Proverbs 3:5-6 KJV). “…The LORD will accomplish (take care of)…that which concerns [you]…” (John 14:31 NASB). "…WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM  (DEPENDS UPON HIM) WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED …" (ROMANS 10:11 NASB). “…HOPE (EXPECTANCY IN GOD) DOES NOT DISAPPOINT… (ROMANS 5:5 NASB).

 “…For the Scripture says, "WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM  (DEPENDS UPON  HIM) WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED…" (ROMANS 10:11 NASB). “… HE WHO BELIEVES IN HIM  (DEPENDS UPON HIM) WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED … (ROMANS 9:33 NASB). “…To You [GOD]… they cried out and were delivered; In You they trusted (DEPENDED UPON) and WERE NOT DISAPPOINTED ….” (PSALMS 22:5 NASB). “…HOPE (EXPECTANCY IN GOD) DOES NOT DISAPPOINT… (ROMANS 5:5 NASB).

How then does “….the PRAYER OF FAITH ….save the sick, and THE LORD … raise him up…” HOW DOES THE "PRAYER OF FAITH (DEPENCY UPON GOD) IMPACT the disobedient believer  or the lost with FREE HUMAN WILL (James 5:15 KJV)?  “…NOW UNTO HIM THAT IS “ABLE” to doaccording to the power that worketh in us…” (Ephesians 3:20 KJV). For it is God who worketh in you, both to will and to do of His good pleasure” (Philippians 2:13 KJV).“…he doeth the works…” (John 14:10 KJV). THEREFORE, …The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much…” (James 5:16 KJV).
“… [GOD has] done so many miracles before [you] ….” (John 12:37-40 NLT). “… [He has] done [those miracles] … so you will know that [He is] the Lord…” (Exodus 10:1-2 NLT). “….In [THE PRAYER OF FAITH (DEPENDENCY)], thou (you) shalt know that I AM the Lord...” (READ Exodus 7:14-25). “…Your rock and Your fortress, your deliverer, Your GOD, Your rock, in whom [you can] … take refuge; Your shield and the horn of Your salvation, YOUR stronghold.…" (Psalms 18:3 NASB).
PRAYERS OF FAITH (DEPENDENCY UPON GOD) are meant to DIRECT your hearts and the hearts of the "sin sick" to his love. … [May the PRAYER OF FAITH (DEPENDENCY UPON GOD)] direct your hearts TO the love of God…” (2 Thessalonians 3:5 NASB & Romans 12:3). “… [He has] done [these signs, wonder, and miracles] … so you will know that [He is] the Lord [your god]…” (Exodus 10:1-2 NLT). “…May the Lord (the Word) lead your hearts INTO a full understanding (awareness, knowing) and EXPRESSION of the love of God …” (2 Thessalonians 3:5 NLT). WHY? “…. [SO You shall] know that I AM the Lord...” (READ Exodus 7:14-25). “…God is love…” (1 John 4:4-8 KJV). “...He careth for you.” (1 Peter 5:7 KJV). “…I will do whatever you ask in my name (Jesus, the Word OF GOD)…” (John 14:13 NIV). "… [Depend upon me and] …what [you] say will happen [and]…will be done for [you].” (MARK 11:23 NIV). “…Your rock and Your fortress, your deliverer, Your GOD, Your rock, in whom [you can] … take refuge; Your shield and the horn of Your salvation, YOUR stronghold.…" (Psalms 18:3 NASB).

GOD IS SOVEREIGN and he does whatever pleases him…” (Psalms 115:3 NIV).  AND “All the peoples of the earth are regarded as nothing. He (God) does as he pleases (not mankind) with the powers of heaven and the peoples of the earth. No one can hold back his hand or say to him: “What have you done?” (Daniel 4 NLT).

“…Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure” (Isaiah 46:9-10 KJV). “…Remember the things I have done in the past. For I alone am God! I am God, and there is none like me. Only I can tell you the future before it even happens. Everything I plan will come to pass, for I do whatever I wish…” (Isaiah 46: 9-10 NLT).

God in his SOVEREIGNTY says “….the PRAYER OF FAITH SHALL save the sick, and THE LORD SHALL raise him up…” (James 5:15). “Shall” in James 5:15 means HE WILL!!! It doesn’t say God might or if the person being prayed for chooses or “WILLS”; it says GOD “...SHALL save the sick…” and “…the Lord SHALL raise him up...”

In this verse it seems as if God is Sovereign over life’s course of events, which can powerfully IMPACT or even alter the human will. Goddoes whatever pleases him…” (Psalms 115:3 NIV).  He does as he pleases with …the PEOPLES of the earth. NO ONE can hold back his hand or say to him: “What have you done?” (Daniel 4 NLT). “…My counsel (WORD) shall stand, and I WILL DO “ALL” MY  PLEASURE” (Isaiah 46:10 KJV). This tells me the Sovereign God CAN and DOES INTERVENE on the human will IF He pleases. He does WHATEVER pleases him…” (Psalms 115:3 NIV). All man can truly say: “…If the Lord will, [I] shall live, and do this, or that...” (James 4:16 KJV).

From this perspective it is God who ultimately does what he pleases and not mankind. “He (God) does as he pleases (not mankind) with …the peoples of the earth. NO ONE can hold back his hand or say to him: “What have you done?” (Daniel 4 NLT).

His Sovereignty is without dispute nor is His Sovereignty restrained or limited by human will. He does whatever pleases HIM…” (Psalms 115:3 NIV).  Therefore, God says, “…The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much…” (James 5:16 KJV). “….And the PRAYER OF FAITH (OF DEPENDENCY UPON GOD) “shall” save the sick (even the sin sick HUMAN WILL), and THE LORD “SHALL” raise him up…” (James 5:15). "…WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM (DEPENDS UPON GOD) WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED …" (ROMANS 10:11 NASB). “…HOPE (EXPECTANCY IN GOD) DOES NOT DISAPPOINT… (ROMANS 5:5 NASB). “…My counsel (WORD)… SHALL stand, and I will do all my pleasure” (Isaiah 46:10 KJV).  “…NO ONE can hold back [MY]… hand or say to [ME]: “What have you done?” (Daniel 4 NLT).

If God is truly sovereign he does whatever HE wills with COMPLETE Sovereignty over life’s course events to the degree it IMPACTS OR alters the human will. The human will is NOT sovereign over what God chooses to do with the events of a person’s life.

When human will is up against God’s Sovereignty over the course of life’s events, the human will ONLY have options limited to the CHANGES God makes to HIS WORLD or the course of events within HIS WORLD. God’s sovereignty over life’s course of events has in the past and still does in the present, and will in the future IMPACT or alter the human will . In reality all people can truly say: “…If the Lord will, [I] shall live, and do this, or that...” (James 4:16 KJV).

Remember this story? I, Nebuchadnezzar, was at home in my palace, contented and prosperous. I had a dream that made me afraid. So I commanded that all the wise men of Babylon be brought before me to interpret the dream for me, but they could not interpret it for me. Finally, Daniel came into my presence and I told him the dream.

“This is the dream that I, King Nebuchadnezzar, had. Now, Belteshazzar (another name for Daniel), tell me what it means, for none of the wise men in my kingdom can interpret it for me. But you can, because the spirit of the holy gods is in you.”

Belteshazzar answered, “My lord…The tree you saw, which grew large and strong, with its top touching the sky, visible to the whole earth, with beautiful leaves and abundant fruit, providing food for all, giving shelter to the wild animals, and having nesting places in its branches for the birds— Your Majesty, you are that tree!

You have become great and strong; your greatness has grown until it reaches the sky, and your dominion extends to distant parts of the earth. “Your Majesty saw a holy one, a messenger, coming down from heaven and saying, ‘Cut down the tree and destroy it, but leave the stump, bound with iron and bronze, in the grass of the field, while its roots remain in the ground.

Let him be drenched with the dew of heaven; let him live with the wild animals, until seven times pass by for him.’ “This is the interpretation, Your Majesty, and this is the decree the Most High has issued against my lord the king: You will be driven away from people and will live with the wild animals; you will eat grass like the ox and be drenched with the dew of heaven.

Seven times (years) will pass by for you until you acknowledge that the Most High is sovereign over all kingdoms on earth and gives them to anyone he wishes. The command to leave the stump of the tree with its roots means that your kingdom will be restored to you when you acknowledge that Heaven rules.

Therefore, Your Majesty, be pleased to accept my advice: Renounce your sins by doing what is right, and your wickedness by being kind to the oppressed. It may be that then your prosperity will continue.”

All this happened to King Nebuchadnezzar. Twelve months later, as the king was walking on the roof of the royal palace of Babylon, he said, “Is not this the great Babylon “I” have built as the royal residence, by “my” mighty power and for the glory of “my” majesty?”

Even as the words were on his lips, a voice came from heaven, “This is what is decreed for you, King Nebuchadnezzar: Your royal authority has been taken from you. You will be driven away from people and will live with the wild animals; you will eat grass like the ox.

Seven times (years) will pass by for you until you acknowledge that the Most High is sovereign over all kingdoms on earth and gives them to anyone he wishes.” Immediately what had been said about Nebuchadnezzar was fulfilled.

He was driven away from people and ate grass like the ox. His body was drenched with the dew of heaven until his hair grew like the feathers of an eagle and his nails like the claws of a bird.

At the end of that time, I, Nebuchadnezzar, raised my eyes toward heaven, and my sanity was restored. Then I praised the Most High; I honored and glorified him who lives forever. His dominion is an eternal dominion; his kingdom endures from generation to generation.

All the peoples of the earth are regarded as nothing. He does as he pleases with the powers of heaven and the peoples of the earth. No one can hold back his hand or say to him: “What have you done?”

At the same time that my sanity was restored, my honor and splendor were returned to me for the glory of my kingdom. My advisers and nobles sought me out, and I was restored to my throne and became even greater than before.

Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and exalt and glorify the King of heaven, because everything he does is right and all his ways are just. And those who walk in pride (self-will) he is able to humble…” (Daniel 4 NIV).

King Nebuchadnezzar learned human will was NOT sovereign over life’s course of events, and only God’s is truly Sovereign. He was in control over his small kingdom, but God is in CONTROL of the WHOLE WORLD, which included his "little" kingdom. “…as the king was walking on the roof of the royal palace of Babylon, he said, “Is not this the great Babylon “I” have built as the royal residence, by “my” mighty power and for the glory of “my” majesty?” (Daniel 4 NI V).  

This is what the Lord says: “Don’t let the wise boast in their wisdom, or the powerful boast in their power, or the rich boast in their riches. But those who wish to boast should boast in this alone: that they truly know me and understand that I am the Lord who demonstrates unfailing love and who brings justice and righteousness to the earth, and that I delight in these things. I, the Lord, have spoken!” (Jeremiah 9:23-24 NLT).  “….apart from Me, you can do nothing…” (John 15:5 NIV).

Mankind must NEVER forget: “…If the Lord will, [I] shall live, and do this, or that...” (James 4:16 KJV).  He told Israel: “….Do not forget that [God]… led you through ... He gave you water …He fed you…. He did all this so you would never say to yourself, ‘I have achieved this wealth with my own strength and energy.’ Remember the Lord your God. He is the one who gives you power to be successful ...” (Deuteronomy 8:17-17 NLT).

The human “will” was bestowed upon mankind as a gift from God, the One with the real Sovereign Will.  “…What do you have that God hasn’t given you? And if everything you have is from God, why boast as though it were not a gift?...” (1 Corinthians 4:7 NLT). “…If the Lord will, [You] shall live, and do this, or that...” (James 4:16 KJV)

King Nebuchadnezzar finally admitted, “…At the end of that time, I, Nebuchadnezzar, raised my eyes toward heaven…. Then I praised the Most High; I honored and glorified him who lives forever… Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and exalt and glorify the King of heaven, because everything he does is right and all his ways are just. And those who walk in pride he is able to humble…” (Daniel 4 NIV).

The King tells us: “…those who walk in pride (human will) he (God)… is ABLE to humble…” (Daniel 4 NIV). “…NOW UNTO HIM THAT IS ABLE to doaccording to the power that worketh in us…” (Ephesians 3:20 KJV).

When I first studied this I thought that Nebuchadnezzar had the free human will to do whatever he wanted and he did. I didn't think God could interfere with the human will, but what I didn't realize is that Nebuchadnezzar was wielding his free human will "WITHIN" God's WORLD. After seven years of eating grass like an ox he came to realized his "SMALL" kingdom was indeed "WITHIN" God's WORLD.  He willfully and voluntarily changed his attitude. God intervened by changing the course of events, which IMPACTED and  altered King Nebuchadnezzar's "small" kingdom and his human will. God enabled the King, through his changes in the course of events, to choose to humble himself. “…he (GOD) IS ABLE to humble [you]” (Daniel 4 NIV).

At first, Nebuchadnezzar had other choices and used his free human will to make those choices. One of them, God offered to him through the prophet. “…Therefore, Your Majesty (Nebuchadnezzar), be pleased to accept my advice: Renounce your sins by doing what is right, and your wickedness by being kind to the oppressed. It may be that then your prosperity will continue…” Nebuchadnezzar willingly chose, at that time, NOT to follow the advice of the Lord through Daniel.

However, “….Twelve months later, as the king was walking on the roof of the royal palace of Babylon, he said, “Is not this the great Babylon “I” have built as the royal residence, by “my” mighty power and for the glory of “my” majesty?” The year before, Nebuchadnezzar chose to follow his prideful human will, instead of God’s gracious and merciful advice.

Twelve months later, “… a voice came from heaven, “This is what is decreed for you, King Nebuchadnezzar: Your royal authority has been taken from you. You will be driven away from people and will live with the wild animals; you will eat grass like the ox…”  NOW he had no choice in the course of events that followed. He hadn’t listened to the Sovereign God. He did HAVE a choice twelve months before, but a year later it was taken away from him. Like Job said, “…The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away…” Job 1:20-22 NASB).

As God forewarned; he intervened and changed the course of events in HIS WORLD and it affected Nebuchadnezzar’s life: “…He (Nebuchadnezzar) was driven away from people and ate grass like the ox. His body was drenched with the dew of heaven until his hair grew like the feathers of an eagle and his nails like the claws of a bird….”  Nebuchadnezzar’s choices came up against the Sovereignty of God to make CHANGES in his WORLD as he pleases. Goddoes whatever pleases HIM…” (Psalms 115:3 NIV).

As the story goes:  “…At the end of that time, I, Nebuchadnezzar, raised my eyes toward heaven, and my sanity was restored. Then I praised the Most High; I honored and glorified him who lives forever. His dominion is an eternal dominion; his kingdom endures from generation to generation.

All the peoples of the earth are regarded as nothing. He does as he pleases with the powers of heaven and the peoples of the earth. No one can hold back his hand or say to him: “What have you done?”

Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and exalt and glorify the King of heaven, because everything he does is right and all his ways are just. And those who walk in pride (prideful human will) he is able to humble…” (Daniel 4 NIV).

At the end of Nebuchadnezzar’s hiatus he said, “….And those who walk in pride (prideful human will) HE IS ABLE to humble…  NO ONE can hold back his hand…” (Daniel 4 NIV). “…NOW UNTO HIM THAT IS ABLE to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us…” (Ephesians 3:20 KJV).

Nebuchadnezzar or the scriptures gives credence to God’s sovereignty over life’s course of events. The lesson is clear: “…If the Lord will, [YOU] shall live, and do this, or that...” (James 4:16 KJV).  “….HE IS ABLE to humble (YOU)… [and]..NO ONE can hold back his hand…” (Daniel 4 NIV). “…NOW UNTO HIM THAT IS ABLE to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us…” (Ephesians 3:20 KJV).

The Sovereign God, alone, can intervene, change the course of events in your life and “…NO ONE can hold back his hand…” (Daniel 4 NIV). If we pray for others HE WILL save the sick and HE WILL raise them up out the situations and circumstances of life. GOD IS THE SOURCE OF OUR HOPE AND EXPECTANCY!!!

“…The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much…” (James 5:16 KJV). “….And the PRAYER OF FAITH  (or DEPENDENCY UPON GOD) SHALL save the sick (even the sin sick human will), and THE LORD SHALL raise him up…” (James 5:15). ). "…WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM  (DEPENDS UPON GOD) WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED …" (ROMANS 10:11 NASB). “…HOPE (EXPECTANCY IN GOD) DOES NOT DISAPPOINT… (ROMANS 5:5 NASB). “…My counsel (WORD)… SHALL stand, and I will do all my pleasure” (Isaiah 46:10 KJV).

Don’t be intimidated by the circumstances, don’t be depressed by what the people are saying or doing, don’t let TIME be a factor, and certainly don’t be discouraged by human will or human choices. God is Sovereign and POWERFULLY INTERVENES in life’s course of events to the degree it can and does IMPACT or alter the human will. “….HE IS ABLE… [and]…NO ONE can hold back his hand…” (Daniel 4 NIV). “…the things which are impossible with men are possible with God…” (Luke 18:27 KJV).  “….I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?” (Jeremiah 32:27 KJV). “…NOW UNTO HIM THAT IS ABLE to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us…” (Ephesians 3:20 KJV).

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we DO NOT GIVE UP” (Galatians 6:9 NIV). THE ANCHOR OF YOUR HOPE OR EXPECTANCY IS IN GOD. “…HOPE  (EXPECTANCY IN GOD) DOES NOT DISAPPOINT… (ROMANS 5:5 NASB).[God’s POWERFUL] …Holy Spirit …is the SOURCE [of it ALL HOPE/EXPECTANCY IN GOD]…” (1 Corinthians 12:4-11 NLT).

“…HE DOETH THE WORKS…” (John 14:10 KJV). “…He HELPS ME!!…” (Psalms 28:7 NLT).

No comments:

Post a Comment