Saturday, November 11, 2017

SUPERIORITY: ITS A DIALOGUE NOT A MONOLOGUE



       
NEW BOOK COMING SOON!
SUPERIORITY: PRAY AND SEEK
 “… If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land…” (2 CHRONICLES 7:14 NASB). 
*
What is PRAYER really? Prayer is to converse, or commune, or to communicate intimately with God. “… There I will meet with thee, and I will commune with theeof all things which I will give thee in commandment unto the children of Israel …” (Exodus 25:22 KJV).
It is to talk familiarly with him and share mutual sentiments together in a private dialogue. “… He will call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him…” (Psalms 91:26 NASB). “… it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear…” (Isaiah 65:24 NASB). “… 'Call to Me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know…'” (Jeremiah 33:3 NASB).
It is to have heart to heart intercourse with God through shared contemplation and meditation. “… Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer…” (Psalms 19:14 KJV). “… My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the LORD…” (Psalms 104:34 KJV). “… Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things…” (Philippians 4:8 KJV). “... Thou wilt keep [him] in perfect peace, [whose] mind [is] stayed [on thee]…”(Isaiah 26:3 NASB).
Prayer involves sharing many deep and intimate sentiments with God, entreaties, devotion, praise, thanksgiving, seeking his will, forgiveness for self and others; discussing daily needs, asking for protection, and help for deliverance from evil. “…Moses entreated the Lord his God, and said ...” (Exodus 32:11 NASB). “…But Hannah replied, “…I have poured out my soul before the Lord…” (1 Samuel 1:15 NASB). “… King Hezekiah and Isaiah the prophet, the son of Amoz, prayed about this and cried out to heaven…” (2 Chronicles 32:20 NASB). “… If you would seek God And implore the compassion of the Almighty…” (Job 8:5 NASB). “… As for me, the nearness of God is my good; I have made the Lord God my refuge, That I may tell of all Your works…” (Psalms 73:28 NASB). “… For this reason I bow my knees before the Father…” (Ephesians 3:14 NASB).“… The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much…” (James 5:16 KJV). “… The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much…” (James NASB). “… The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results…” (James 5:16 NLT).
“… If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, …” (2 CHRONICLES 7:14 NASB). This verse SAYS “humble yourself” and THEN “PRAY and SEEK.”
Pride is the antithesis of humility and a blockage to a prayer reaching God. Two men went to the Temple to pray. One was a Pharisee, and the other was a despised tax collector. The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed this prayer: ‘I thank you, God, that I am not like other people—cheaters, sinners, adulterers. I’m certainly not like that tax collector! I fast twice a week, and I give you a tenth of my income. But the tax collector stood at a distance and dared not even lift his eyes to heaven as he prayed. Instead, he beat his chest in sorrow, saying, ‘O God, be merciful to me, for I am a sinner.’ I tell you, this sinner, not the Pharisee, returned home justified before God. For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted…” (Luke 18:10-14 NLT).
“…The wicked, THROUGH THE PRIDE of his countenance, WILL NOT SEEK AFTER GOD: God is not in all his thoughts…” (Psalms 10:4 KJV).
Prayer is to purposefully PURSUE God in order to KNOW him, FIND him, and sincerely SERVE him. “…Solomon my son, know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the Lord searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts: if thou SEEK HIM, he will be found of thee…” (1 Chronicles 28:9 KJV). “…Those that SEEK ME early shall find me…” (Proverbs 8:17 KJV). “…ye shall SEEK ME, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart…” (Jeremiahs 29:13 KJV).
“… If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face turn from their wicked ways. [THEN] I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land” (2 CHRONICLES 7:14 NASB).
In 2 Chronicles chapter 6 King Solomon prayed a prayer of dedication for the new temple. “… Then Solomon stood before the altar of the Lord … He stood on the platform, and then he knelt in front of the entire community of Israel and lifted his hands toward heaven. He prayed, “O Lord, God of Israel, there is no God like you in all of heaven and earth. You keep your covenant and show unfailing love to all who walk before you in wholehearted devotion. You have kept your promise to your servant David, my father. You made that promise with your own mouth, and with your own hands you have fulfilled it today.  “And now, O Lord, God of Israel, carry out the additional promise you made to your servant David, my father. For you said to him, ‘If your descendants guard their behavior and faithfully follow my Law as you have done, one of them will always sit on the throne of Israel.’ Now, O Lord, God of Israel, fulfill this promise to your servant David.  “But will God really live on earth among people? Why, even the highest heavens cannot contain you. How much less this Temple I have built! Nevertheless, listen to my prayer and my plea, O Lord my God. Hear the cry and the prayer that your servant is making to you. May you watch over this Temple day and night, this place where you have said you would put your name. May you always hear the prayers I make toward this place. May you hear the humble and earnest requests from me and your people Israel when we pray toward this place. Yes, hear us from heaven where you live, and when you hear, forgive. “If someone wrongs another person and is required to take an oath of innocence in front of your altar at this Temple, then hear from heaven and judge between your servants—the accuser and the accused. Pay back the guilty as they deserve. Acquit the innocent because of their innocence. “If your people Israel are defeated by their enemies because they have sinned against you, and if they turn back and acknowledge your name and pray to you here in this Temple, then hear from heaven and forgive the sin of your people Israel and return them to this land you gave to them and to their ancestors. “If the skies are shut up and there is no rain because your people have sinned against you, and if they pray toward this Temple and acknowledge your name and turn from their sins because you have punished them, then hear from heaven and forgive the sins of your servants, your people Israel. Teach them to follow the right path, and send rain on your land that you have given to your people as their special possession. “If there is a famine in the land or a plague or crop disease or attacks of locusts or caterpillars, or if your people’s enemies are in the land besieging their towns—whatever disaster or disease there is— and if your people Israel pray about their troubles or sorrow, raising their hands toward this Temple, then hear from heaven where you live, and forgive. Give your people what their actions deserve, for you alone know each human heart. Then they will fear you and walk in your ways as long as they live in the land you gave to our ancestors. “In the future, foreigners who do not belong to your people Israel will hear of you. They will come from distant lands when they hear of your great name and your strong hand and your powerful arm. And when they pray toward this Temple, then hear from heaven where you live, and grant what they ask of you. In this way, all the people of the earth will come to know and fear you, just as your own people Israel do. They, too, will know that this Temple I have built honors your name. “If your people go out where you send them to fight their enemies, and if they pray to you by turning toward this city you have chosen and toward this Temple I have built to honor your name, 35 then hear their prayers from heaven and uphold their cause. “If they sin against you—and who has never sinned?—you might become angry with them and let their enemies conquer them and take them captive to a foreign land far away or near. But in that land of exile, they might turn to you in repentance and pray, ‘We have sinned, done evil, and acted wickedly.’ If they turn to you with their whole heart and soul in the land of their captivity and pray toward the land you gave to their ancestors—toward this city you have chosen, and toward this Temple I have built to honor your name—  then hear their prayers and their petitions from heaven where you live, and uphold their cause. Forgive your people who have sinned against you. “O my God, may your eyes be open and your ears attentive to all the prayers made to you in this place. “And now arise, O Lord God, and enter your resting place, along with the Ark, the symbol of your power. May your priests, O Lord God, be clothed with salvation; may your loyal servants rejoice in your goodness. O Lord God, do not reject the king you have anointed. Remember your unfailing love for your servant David.”…” (2 Chronicles NLT).
“… When Solomon finished praying … the glorious presence of the Lord filled the Temple. The priests could not enter the Temple of the Lord because the glorious presence of the Lord filled it. When all the people of Israel saw the fire coming down and the glorious presence of the Lord filling the Temple, they fell face down on the ground and worshiped and praised the Lord, saying, “He is good!   His faithful love endures forever!”…” (2 Chronicles 7:1-5 NLT).
“… Then one night the Lord appeared to Solomon and said, “I have heard your prayer and have chosen this Temple as the place for making sacrifices. At times I might shut up the heavens so that no rain falls, or command grasshoppers to devour your crops, or send plagues among you. Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land.  My eyes will be open and my ears attentive to every prayer made in this place. For I have chosen this Temple and set it apart to be holya place where my name will be honored forever. I will always watch over it, for it is dear to my heart.  …” (2 Chronicles 7:12-22 NLT).
Solomon prayed and God answered his prayer. God’s answer demonstrated his love and continual mercy upon his sinful people. His people were grateful for his amazing graces and goodness toward them toward them and demonstrated it through their response of worship and praise!!
God graciously accepted their many temporary sacrifices. “…It is of the Lord's MERCIES that we are not CONSUMED, because his compassions FAIL NOT. They are NEW EVERY MORNING: great is thy faithfulness…” (Lamentations 3:22-23 KJV). “…HE DELIGHTETH IN MERCY…” (Micah 7:18 KJV). “… His mercy endureth for ever” (2 Chronicles 5:13-14 KJV). “…The Lord is MERCIFUL and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in MERCY…” (Psalms 103:8 KJV). “…For as the heaven is high above the earth, so GREAT is his MERCY toward them that fear him…” (Psalms 103:11 KJV). “…THE MERCY of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children…” (Psalms 103:17 KJV).
“… For I have chosen this Temple and set it apart to be holya place where my name will be honored forever. I will always watch over it, for it is dear to my heart.  …” (2 Chronicles 7:12-22 NLT).
At the time, Solomon’s temple was the ONLY known temple of ALL the NATIONS in which the one true God was worshiped!
If there were other temples, God chose this particular one and “set it apart to be holy” (2 Chronicles 7 NLT). Solomon prayed and dedicated “this” temple to God.
The temple represented the place where God and his people could commune together in covenant bliss.
Solomon’s prayer was the acknowledgement of that covenant unity between God and his people.
In his prayer, Solomon acknowledged there was no other God besides the covenant God of love; he entreated him regarding his promised providence and amazing graces toward his people; he requested his presence and a desire to converse always with him; he pleaded for his forgiveness and mercy upon his people; and asked him to remember his everlasting love!!
In addition, Solomon expressed, for himself and the people, sentiments of gratefulness and a promise of returned devotion through righteous living, praise, and worship.
The temple was miraculously meant to be a place where God and his people could commune together in a covenant relationship, hopefully, forever.
Solomon’s prayer would have meant nothing at all if God did not hear it.“… Then one night the Lord appeared to Solomon and said, “I have heard your prayer …” (2 Chronicles 7:12-22 NLT).
The TEMPLE was God’s plan and God’s idea as a place that would be consecrated for his glorious, holy presence and his commune with his people; a place of sacrifices and prayer.  “…, “I … have chosen this Temple as the place for making sacrifices... For I have chosen this Temple and set it apart to be holya place where my name will be honored forever. …” (2 Chronicles 7:12-22 NLT).
The temple was a place of GRACE and MERCY where his people (Israel or those who acknowledged him as God) could humble themselves and continually pray. “…if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray …” (2 Chronicles 7:12-22 NLT).
The temple was a place of PRAYER and that prayer was guaranteed to be answered when presented with a repentant heart and a repentant life. “…Then if my people who are called by my name will …turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land.   …” (2 Chronicles 7:12-22 NLT).
The temple was a place where God promised to hear the prayers of his people who had a truly repentant attitude. “…Then if my people who are called by my name will …turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins   …” (2 Chronicles 7:12-22 NLT).
The temple was the place for his people to humble themselves, seek his face, repent, and PRAY. “…Then if my people who are called by my name will …turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land (destiny)…” (2 Chronicles 7:12-22 NLT).
Answered prayer is connected to the conditions of forgiveness, humility, truly seeking God, and repentance. “…. Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land.  My eyes will be open and my ears attentive to every prayer made in this place. …” (2 Chronicles 7:12-22 NLT).
God promised his eyes and heart would be perpetually in the temple. “…My eyes will be open and my ears attentive to every prayer made in this place. For I have chosen this Temple and set it apart to be holya place where my name will be honored forever. I will always watch over it, for it is dear to my heart.  …” (2 Chronicles 7:12-22 NLT).
The temple was a place where prayer would receive God attention “IF” his people had a repentant heart. “…. Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear …. and my ears [will be] attentive to every prayer made in this place. …” (2 Chronicles 7:12-22 NLT).





No comments:

Post a Comment