Friday, April 16, 2021

CHRIST WITHIN YOU "PROVES" TO BE A TRANSFORMING INTIMACY!

                                   


  CHRIST WITHIN YOU PROVES TO BE A TRANSFORMING INTIMACY

"ONE SPIRIT...?" (John 5:6 MSG).

*

I like to start my published books out with some food for thought. If you are reading this blog I assumed you desire to experience a deeper intimacy with God or with other love ones in your life You can buy the book in the link below. So, "What is this deeper intimacy"? Let’s get sex out of the way.

Sex is not the intimacy that lasts or matters most. It is an act of intimacy; that was meant to express the intercourse that has already taken place; between two hearts. True love allows intimacy to develop in the heart first and is why real lovers wait for the proper time to engage in sex. 

When intimacy is developed in the heart, first, love will be easier to maintain in the long run of the relationship. The bible doesn’t have you sustain from sexual pleasure before marriage as a punishment, but so you don’t miss out on what truly matters in the area of intimacy: two hearts becoming one, not simple two physical bodies.

If you shape your experience of intimacy around the act; you will find intimacy limited to that act. However, if you shape your intimacy around the intercourse of two hearts, it will outlast the act, which will eventually alter with age anyway.

No matter who you are, no matter how good you are sexually, no matter how liberal you are in engaging in the sexual act – you will come looking for real intimacy one day.  

So let the “one spirit’ attachment to God teach you and train you in regard to what real intimacy is while the spring still blossoms in May “…He(she) that is joined unto the LORD is ONE SPIRIT…” (1 Corinthians 6:17 KJV). 

For when the winter comes and it will; the heart may be too tattered or hardened by the “act” to know real heartfelt intimacy. The human heart may not be able to find heart-to-heart intimacy, or even recognize it staring right in one’s face.    

Even deeper, is the intimacy that happens between the soul and the Spirit (God and you through Christ), not merely two souls or  two bodies. If you are “one spirit” with God, you are already intimate with Him through Jesus Christ, but you may not be experiencing the depth of that intimacy.

         Let me give you a quick analogy. If God wanted to make a cake, he would mix flour, sugar, butter, eggs, and so forth together. Once those items are mixed or joined together; they cannot be unmixed or un-joined. They are NOW ONE "new" UNITY.

         Those ingredients are forever attached and together they have become something altogether different: a cake or a NEW CREATION. Those who are joined with God through the Lord are forever attached to Him and thus have become altogether different “in” Christ.’ They are, indeed, a NEW CREATION.

          Those who are joined to God through the Lord are “one spirit” with Him; an intimacy with God that literally transforms an individual completely “…He (she) that is joined unto the LORD is ONE SPIRIT…” (1 Corinthians 6:17 KJV). “…Therefore if any man(woman) be in Christ (one spirit), he (she) is a NEW creature: ” (2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV).  

 “…God’s (Holy) Spirit dwells in you?...” (1 Corinthians 3:16 NASB). God says:  “… I AM HOLY..” (1 Peter 1:14-16 KJV). “...Therefore if any man(woman) be in Christ, he(she) is a new creature...” (2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV). “...old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new...” (2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV).

“…And the LORD God formed man [of] the dust of the ground (body), and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life (spirit); and man became a living soul (soul)…” (GENESIS 2:7 KJV).

God said: “…in his OWN image…..male and female created he (God, the Holy Spirit) them…” (Genesis 1:27 KJV).  “...and ...[God, the Holy Spirit]....breathed into his(her) nostrils the breath of life (His “own” Spirit)…” (GENESIS 2:7 KJV).

 “...and man (woman) became a living soul…” (GENESIS 2:7 KJV). Being attached to God is a HOLY covenant, form of intimacy, that BINDS, together, the soul and SPIRIT.

In addition, intimacy with God is TRANSFORMING. You become “...one spirit...” with God. You become a “...new creation...” in Christ. You become a “...a living soul...” You become “...whole” again (body, soul, and Spirit).

“…May God himself, … make you holy and whole, put you together … [again]—spirit, soul, and body” (1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 MSG).

The original God IMAGE returns. In Genesis God said: “…in his OWN image…..male and female created he (God, the Holy Spirit) them…” (Genesis 1:27 KJV).  “...and ...[God, the Holy Spirit]....breathed into his(her) nostrils the breath of life (His “own” Spirit)…” (GENESIS 2:7 KJV). “...and man (woman) became a living soul…” (GENESIS 2:7 KJV).

In the New Testament: “…[God]…sent His Son...” (1 John 4:10 KJV).   “… [He sent the] …one … who can reconcile God and humanity—the man Christ Jesus…” (1 Timothy 2:5 NLT).  God said: “…I will put a new spirit “in” you  …” (Ezekiel 36:26 NLT).

 SO, “…God … sent forth the Spirit of His Son “INTO” OUR HEARTS…” (Galatians 4:6 NASB). “...Therefore if any man(woman) be in Christ, he(she) is a new creature...” (2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV).

…He (she) that is joined unto the LORD is ONE SPIRIT…” (1 Corinthians 6:17 KJV).

“…God is Spirit …” (John 4:24 KJV). “…The Holy Spirit gives birth to SPIRITUAL LIFE ” (John 3:6 NLT). “….Apart from Me, you can do nothing…” (John 15:5 NIV). “…Jesus Christ maketh thee whole…” (Acts 9:34 KJV).

Intimacy with God is not about his knowledge of you or your knowledge of him. He KNOWS “everything” about you and you may know a lot about him.

“... O Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know when I sit down and when I rise up; You understand my thought from afar. You scrutinize my path and my lying down, And are intimately acquainted with all my ways. Even before there is a word on my tongue. Behold, O Lord, You know it all. You have enclosed me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; It is too high, I cannot attain to it. Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence?  If I ascend to heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the dawn, If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea, Even there Your hand will lead me, And Your right hand will lay hold of me. If I say, “Surely the darkness will overwhelm me, And the light around me will be night,” Even the darkness is not dark to You, And the night is as bright as the day. Darkness and light are alike to You. For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother’s womb. I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth; Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book were all written The days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was not one of them. How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How vast is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand. When I awake, I am still with You ... Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me and know my anxious thoughts; And see if there be any hurtful way in me, And lead me in the everlasting way...” (Psalm 139 NASB).

 Accepting salvation in Christ is similar to accepting a person’s marriage proposal. God chose you to be “IN” a Holy covenant (intimate) relationship with him, personally. If you accepted his invitation, spiritual intimacy begins.

In the Old Testament: “...[God, the Holy Spirit]....breathed into his(her) nostrils the breath of life (His “own” Spirit)…” (GENESIS 2:7 KJV). “...and man (woman) became a living soul…” (GENESIS 2:7 KJV).

In the New Testament: “…[God]…sent His Son...” (1 John 4:10 KJV).   “… [He sent the] …one … who can reconcile God and humanity—the man Christ Jesus…” (1 Timothy 2:5 NLT).  “…God … sent forth the Spirit of His Son “INTO” OUR HEARTS…” (Galatians 4:6 NASB). “...[And, he(she) became] ...a new creature...” (2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV).

Knowledge helps you know ABOUT something or someone. INTIMACY helps you “KNOW” something or someone. Knowledge is information, intimacy is experience.

 “…God … sent forth the Spirit of His Son “INTO” OUR HEARTS…” (Galatians 4:6 NASB). God has put himself in the place (your heart) where intimacy, with him, can begin. “…He that is joined unto the LORD is ONE SPIRIT (with God)…” (1 Corinthians 6:17 KJV). “…God’s Spirit dwells in you?...” (1 Corinthians 3:16 NASB).

God’s indwelling Holy Spirit is proof that you are already ATTACHED to God. “…Jesus Christ IS IN YOU” (2 Corinthians 13:5 KJV). “…God has given [you] HIS [holy] Spirit as PROOF that … he [dwells]…in [you].” (1 John 4:13 NLT).

So the question to you is “Do you want to be intimate with Him?” If the answer is yes, then it is time to move beyond, simply, knowing about God to experiencing God through his presence, his goodness, and his power. And this is life eternal, that they might know [be intimate with] thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent” (John 17:3 KJV).

By getting to “know” God, through experience, you will begin to SEE, for yourself, his glory (presence, goodness, and power) working in and through your OWN life.

BUY IT HERE: www.amazon.com/author/pensacolahelene

 

No comments:

Post a Comment