Sunday, April 4, 2021

I KNOW JESUS LIVES, BECAUSE HE LIVES WITHIN ME!


I KNOW JESUS LIVES, BECAUSE HE LIVES WITHIN ME

 We have this treasure “in” earthen vessels…” (2 Corinthians 4:6-7 KJV). 

*

An EARTHEN VESSEL is DESIGNED to CONTAIN something, because it is a VESSEL.

A VESSEL, therefore, was made to CARRY something particular and becomes useful when it is FILLED with its particular PURPOSE.

The believer is SET APART to be an EARTHEN VESSEL that CARRIES a specific TREASURE, which FILLS them with PURPOSE.   We have this treasure “in” earthen vessels…” (2 Corinthians 4:6-7 KJV).

The specific TREASURE, which FILLS the EARTHEN VESSEL is the INDWELLING HOLY SPIRIT. we have this treasure in earthen vessels...” (2 Corinthians 4:6-7 KJV).

“… We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure…” (2 Corinthians 4:7 NLT).

What? know ye not that your body  (YOUR EARTHEN VESSEL) is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?” (1 Corinthians 6:19 KJV). “…Know ye not that ye are the temple (EARTHERN VESSEL) of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?” (1 Corinthians 3:16 KJV). “…Know ye not your own selves …that Jesus Christ is in you (IN YOUR EARTHEN VESSEL)…” (2 Corinthians KJV). …God hath said, I will dwell in them (IN THEIR EARTHEN VESSEL), and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people” (2 Corinthians 6:16 KJV).

In practical terms, the EARTHEN VESSEL is the HUMAN BODY. The physical BODY interacts with the physical or natural world.

Jesus was an EARTHEN VESSEL, which is a physical body. Jesus’ EARTHEN VESSELL was prepared to be the once-and-for-all atoning sacrifice and the mouthpiece for God’s WORD. “…For it is not possible for the blood of bulls and goats really to take away sins.  That is why Christ said as he came into the world, “O God, the blood of bulls and goats cannot satisfy you, so you have made ready this body (earthen vessel) of mine for me to lay as a sacrifice upon your altar…” (Hebrews 10:4-8 NLT). “….the Son of Man came (was sent and prepared as an earthen vessel) ….TO GIVE his life as a ransom for many" (Matthew 20:28 NIV).I lay down my life (my earthen vessel)... No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. ” (John 10:17-18 KJV).

“…I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak…” (John 12:49 KJV).

“..I am (the WORD) in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works…” (John 14:10 KJV).

Jesus, the EARTHEN VESSEL, came in a human body to do God’s will.  “… Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God…” (Hebrew 10:7 KJV). “… Not My will, but Yours be done" (Luke 22:42-43 NIV).I lay down my life... No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. ” (John 10:17-18 KJV).

 

Jesus was the PERFECT example of being an EARTHEN VESSEL. In this world God’s people are to be LIKE JESUS! “...Be … imitators of [Jesus, the Word of God]…” (Hebrews 12:14; Ephesians 5:1 ASV). “… growing in every way more and more like Christ (the word of god)…” (Ephesians 4:14-16 NLT). “…In this world we are like Jesus (the word of god)…” (1 John 4:17 NIV). “… He (Jesus) had a name written, that no man knew … his name is called The Word of God…” (Revelation 19:12-13 NASB

GOD’S PEOPLE willfully CHOOSE to present their EARTHEN VESSELS or BODIES, which is their REASONABLE service to God or the LEAST they can DO. “…. I urge youto present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship…” (Romans 12:1 NASB).  I lay down my life... No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. ” (John 10:17-18 KJV).

When God’s people GIVE their life to JESUS, the WORD of God; they are saying everything I possess BELONGS to God, including my earthen vessel or body. “… have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, who ,… taking the form of a bond-servant emptied Himself, andhumbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. …” (Philippians 2:5-8 NASB). “… Not My will, but Yours be done" (Luke 22:42-43 NIV).

Thus, their earthen vessel or body BECOMES a LIVING SACRIFICE to God, just like JESUS’ body did. JESUS SAID: “I lay down my life... No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. ” (John 10:17-18 KJV).

God, the HOLY SPIRIT indwells his people, which SETS them APART, makes them AVAILABLE for his use, and SANCTIFIES them for God’s SERVICE. “…The [Holy] Spirit of God dwell in you…” (Romans 8:9 KJV). “…Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?” (1 Corinthians 3:16 KJV). “…God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people…” (2 Corinthians 6:16 KJV).

God can WORK “IN” and “THROUGH” a WILLING vessel however he pleases and will also DISPLAY his mighty POWER!! “…The … HOLY SPIRIT …does the work IN and THROUGH all of us who are HIS… (1 Corinthians 12:4-11 NLT). “…The HOLY SPIRIT DISPLAYS God’s power THROUGH each of us … (1 Corinthians 12:4-11 NLT). “…The HOLY SPIRIT …gives all these gifts and POWERS… (1 Corinthians 12:4-11 NLT).

The EARTHEN VESSEL allows the indwelling Holy Spirit to WORK “IN” them to transform the INSIDE. The EARTHEN VESSEL allows the indwelling Holy Spirit to WORK “THROUGH” them to transform the OUTSIDE.

The Holy Spirit WORKS “IN” and “THROUGH” you to DISPLAY his POWER in your finances, emotions, spiritual life, relationships, physical life, and mental health. “…the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works…” (John 14:10 KJV).

The Holy Spirit worked “IN” and “THROUGH” Jesus (the WORD of GOD). “…The Spirit of the Lord [was] upon [him] … he hath anointed [him] to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent [him] to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord” (John 4:16-21 KJV). “…God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and WITH POWER: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for GOD WAS WITH HIM…” (Acts 10:38-39 KJV).

Jesus, the earthen vessel did NOT “DO” the WORKS, but the Holy Spirit DISPLAYED the POWER of GOD through Jesus (the WORD OF GOD). “… [Jesus (the WORD OF GOD, said]the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works (HE DOES THE WORK THAT CONFIRMS HIS WORD)…” (John 14:10 KJV).  “…God publicly endorsed (CONFIRMED) Jesus (THE WORD) the Nazarene by doing powerful miracles, wonders, and signs through him, as you well know. …” (ACTS 2:22 KJV).

God’s people choose to voluntarily relinquish control to the INDWELLING SPIRIT, which is God. “…GOD IS SPIRIT…” (John 4:24 KJV). the Spirit of God dwell in you…” (Romans 8:9 KJV). “…Jesus Christ is in YOU” (2 Corinthians 13:5 KJV). “…Submit [your earthen vessel] therefore to God…” (James 4:7 NLT). “…Surrender your pride and power (your human will)…” (Jeremiah 4:4  NLT).

Therefore, “… have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but taking the form of a bond-servant emptied Himself, , and being made in the likeness of men. Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. …” (Philippians 2:5-8 NASB). “…In this world we are LIKE JESUS…” (1 John 4:17 NIV).

Jesus willingly chose to surrender his earthen vessel or body to God’s will and plan for his life.  I lay down my life... No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. ” (John 10:17-18 KJV). “….Christ pleased not himself…” (Romans 15:3 KJV).  

Jesus openly confessed that he DID “…NOT come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life  (his earthen vessel/ body) a ransom for many...” (Matthew 20:28 KJV).

Jesus willingly chose to follow God’s will and God’s plan; no matter what it cost.  Jesus said, Father not My will, but Yours be done…" (Luke 22:42-43 NIV).

Most of God’s people have their OWN agendas. They have important plans for their OWN life that DON’T necessarily line up with God’s PLAN or PURPOSE. “…you hypocritesThis people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me…” (Mark 7:6 KJV). 

It is OFTEN obvious that God’s people have their OWN personal plans for their careers, their travels, their desired spouse, their pursuit of happiness, getting financially set, obtaining self-peace, establishing comfort, sustaining health, and maintaining autonomy … The people replied, “Don’t waste your breath. We will continue to live as we want to” (JEREMIAH 18:12 NLT).

Their agendas often come into conflict with God’s will and plan for their lives. “…My people would not listen to me. They kept doing whatever they wanted” (Jeremiah 7:24 NLT).

A great percentage of God’s people IGNORE God’s agenda OVER their OWN agenda. OR they will pick and choose the part of God’s plans that FIT into their OWN tradition or plan and NOT the other way around. “…You skillfully ….hold on to your own tradition...” (Mark 7:9 NLT).

They may surrender to God’s plan for certain ethical behaviors; but not HIS PLANS that require SURRENDER and SACRIFICE of their earthen vessels or bodies. … We will continue to live as we want to” (JEREMIAH 18:12 NLT).

Jesus was sold out to God’s plan for his earthen vessel and he was unequivocally surrendered to his will; no matter what the cost. “…I do nothing of myself…” (John 8:28 KJV). Jesus (the WORD) and his Father (God, the Holy Spirit) were ONE MIND and ONE PURPOSE. Together they were a committed covenant team. “I and the father are one” (John 10:30 KJV). 

Jesus radically surrendered his earthen vessel to God; he said: Father not My will, but Yours be done…" (Luke 22:42-43 NIV).

I used the word radical to paint a picture of Jesus’ absolute devotion and commitment to God’s will and plan for his earthen vessel. “… [Jesus came] … to serve, and to give His life ...” (Matthew 20:28 KJV).

For Jesus, it wasn’t radical at all, but a willful, loving desire to do God’s will. “…I desire to do your will, my God…” (Psalms 40:8 KJV).

Jesus’ devotion and commitment to be God’s earthen vessel is meant to be a standard for the God’s people. I lay down my life... No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. ” (John 10:17-18 KJV). “….Christ pleased not himself…” (Romans 15:3 KJV).  

 God’s people are to model their own devotion and commitment to God’s will and plan in the same manner. Jesus said: “…that the world may know … as the Father gave me commandments, even so I do…” (John 14:31 KJV). “…I must be about my Father's business?” (Luke 2:49 KJV).

Many of God’s people don’t willingly offer their earthen vessels to that kind devotion and commitment to God’s will and plan; even on the most basic level. “…My people would not listen to me. They kept doing whatever they wanted, following the stubborn desires of their evil hearts (or their own agendas)” (Jeremiah 7:24 NLT).

Jesus offered his earthen vessel as “…living sacrifice…” which is “…[also God’s people’s] … reasonable service…” (Romans 12:1 KJV). Reasonable service” is one that is equitable, just, and fair or the “least” you can do; considering what God has done for YOU. “…The LORD has done great things for us …” (Psalms 126:3 NIV).

“…Rejoice and be glad, For the LORD has done great things…” (Joel 2:21 NASB).Now, most people would not be willing to die for an upright person, though someone might perhaps be willing to die for a person who is especially good. But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners” (Romans 5:7-9 NLT).

Nonetheless, many of God’s people are not willing to offer their earthen vessels even in “…reasonable service [to God]…” (Romans 12:1 KJV). No matter how you rationalize it, the surrender of your earthen vessel to God’s will and plan is simply your “… reasonable service…” (Romans 12:1 KJV).

Job responded to ALL his troubles with an attitude that demonstrated he understood his “reasonable service” to God. Naked I came from my mother’s womb, And naked I shall return there. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away. Blessed be the name of the Lord.” Through all this Job did not sin nor did he blame God …” (Job 1:20-22 NASB). “…Rejoice and be glad, For [in spite of all I’ve been through] the LORD has done great things…” (Joel 2:21 NASB).

God CREATES and PREPARES and CHOOSES his EARTHEN VESSELs for specific PURPOSES. Job was hand-picked by God for his purpose. Jesus was also hand-picked by God for his purpose. Jesus SUFFERED through some HARD experiences. God “spared not his own Son, but delivered him (his earthen vessel) up for us all….?” (Romans 8:32 KJV).

God will not spare you from suffering, certain experiences, in this earthen vessel. All your experiences are part of a GREATER PLAN and PURPOSE.  Job’s personal PLANS for his family and finances were tragically lost and yet he said, “...though he slay me, yet will I trust in him…” (Job 13:15 KJV).

Job knew inwardly that surrender of his earthen vessel to God’s will and plan was his “…reasonable service…” and he kept his devotion and commitment to God.

When God’s will and plan drives your agenda whatever is lost, altered, or totally transformed is worthless when compared to the relationship with God. God’s people safely and trustingly surrender and offer their earthen vessels into the God’s sovereign, loving care.everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus [our]… Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ” (Philippians 3:8 NLT). “…The LORD “WILL” accomplish (take care of)…that which concerns [you]…” (John 14:31 NASB). “...Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.” (1 Peter 5:7 KJV).

 “...he careth for you” (1 Peter 5:7 KJV). This is an important KEY to surrendering  and offering your earthen vessel to God’s will and God’s plan. God’s CARE becomes a place of SAFETY and REST. “…The name of the Lord is a strong tower (REFUGE); The righteous runs into it and is safe” (Proverbs 18:10 NASB). “…God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble…” (Psalms 46:1 NASB). “…you will find rest for your souls…” (Matthew 11:29 NASB)

God’s people willfully choose to surrender and offer control of their earthen vessels or bodies to God, the indwelling Holy Spirit. “…He alone is my refuge, my place of safetyFor he will rescue you from every trap and protect you from deadly disease.  He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection. If you make the Lord your refuge, if you make the Most High your shelter, no evil will conquer you; no plague will come near your home. …The Lord says, “I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name…” (Psalms 91 NLT).

In LIGHT of God’s LOVE, his people voluntarily give up their OWN personal will and plans for God’s will and plans.not My will, but Yours be done…" (Luke 22:42-43 NIV). “…I desire to do your will, my God…” (Psalms 40:8 KJV).

 Jesus willingly sacrificed himself by totally surrendering and offering his earthen vessel or body to God’s will and God’s plan. “… have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, who ,… taking the form of a bond-servant emptied Himself, andhumbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. …” (Philippians 2:5-8 NASB).

Surrendering and offering their earthen vessel or body requires God’s people to voluntarily choose to empty themselves and follow God will and plan for their lives. “…choose LIFE” (Deuteronomy 30:19 KJV). “… taking the form of a bond-servant emptied Himself. …” (Philippians 2:5-8 NASB).

In my OWN life and experience, surrendering and offering my earthen vessel and body was CHALLENGING, painful, and was often wroth with tears or sadness. “… Those who … keep their promises even when it hurts…” (Psalms 15:4 NLT). “… He that sweareth to his OWN hurt and changeth not…” (Psalms 15:4 KJV).

Surrendering and offering your earthen vessel or body for God’s will and God’s plan, is costly, but is also the hallmark of the Christian lifestyle. “… The Kingdom of Heaven is like a merchant on the lookout for choice pearls. When he discovered a pearl of great value, he sold everything he owned and bought it!” (Matthew 13:45-45 NLT).

GIVING UP one’s personal plans is the MARK of Christian maturity. The bible suggests ways to make surrender easier. “….always carrying about in the body the dying of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body.  For we who live are constantly being delivered (surrendered or offered) over to death for Jesus’ sake, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh. So death works in us, but life in you…” (2 Corinthians 4:10-12 NASB). “…Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth…” (Matthew 6:19 NASB). “….He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me…” (Matthew 10:37-38 NASB). “… everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or farms for My name’s sake…” (Matthew 19:29 & Luke 9:23 NASB).  “… I do all things for the sake of the gospel, so that I may become a fellow partaker of it…” (1 Corinthians 9:23 NASB). “… if food causes my brother to stumble, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause my brother to stumble…” (1 Corinthians 8:13 NASB).

In the covenant relationship, where the indwelling Holy Spirit is truly HEAD; submission to his WILL and PLAN will be challenging. It is HARD to voluntarily and willingly choose to GIVE UP personal control to God. “…If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me…” (Matthew 16:24 NASB).

However, surrendering and offering your earthen vessel to God, the indwelling HOLY Spirit’s will and plan is actually surrendering and offering YOURSELF to God’s HOLY love, to his HOLY care, to his HOLY provisions, to his HOLY directions, to his spiritual, HOLY blessings, and to his  HOLY TRUST. “ .. The Lord says, “I will protect those who trust in my name (jesus, the word of god)…” (Psalms 91 NLT).

your body  (YOUR EARTHEN VESSEL) is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you” (1 Corinthians 6:19 KJV). “…ye are the temple (EARTHERN VESSEL) of God, and …the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?” (1 Corinthians 3:16 KJV). “…Jesus Christ is in you…” (2 Corinthians KJV). …God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people…” (2 Corinthians 6:16 KJV).

God’s people are SET APART to be an EARTHEN VESSEL that CARRIES a specific TREASURE, which FILLS them with PURPOSE. [you]…have this treasure in [your]…earthen vessel (body)...” (2 Corinthians 4:6-7 KJV).

That specific TREASURE, which FILLS their EARTHEN VESSEL with PURPOSE is the INDWELLING HOLY SPIRIT.  [you]…have this treasure in [your]…earthen vessel (body)...” (2 Corinthians 4:6-7 KJV). “…Jesus Christ is in you…” (2 Corinthians KJV).

No comments:

Post a Comment